Samsung XP941 256GB PCIE SSD
 Corsair 620w
 Asus ROG Front Panel
 EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 140
 Alphacool UT60 240mm radiator

The plan is as follows:
 Watercooling to be Pastel Red for CPU Loop and Pastel White for the GPU Loop
 The following components form my "planned" watercooling shopping list:
 Chipset waterblock for Motherboard - EK-MOSFET ASUS M7G - Acetal+Nickel Purchased
 CPU Waterblock - EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel Purchased
 GPU Block - EK 970 ACX -
 360mm Radiator - Alphacool 35273 NexXxoS XT60 Radiator 360 White Edition x2
Purchased Replaced with Mayhems Havoc 360mm
 Reservoir + Combo - EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 140, Water Cooling Pump (This matches the one I currently have)
Purchased
 Monsoon White Fittings - ModMyToys 19/13mm (ID 1/2 - 3/4) Compression Fitting - Six Pack - White + Red Carbon (For the white loop) Purchased

Fans, open to advice here, I want 3x white LED for the white loop and 2x red for the red loop

White - Enermax T.B.Vegas 120mm Single Fan White LEDs - Purchased

Extras:
 Tubing - Primochill Advanced - Purchased
 Coolant - Mayhems Pastal Red Arrived
 Coolant - Mayhems Ice White Arrived
 Fan Controller - BitFenix Recon - White Purchased
Ive also been thinking of sticking with my Alphacool GPU block. If I use the window on the left side of the case then the underside of the GPU wont be visible, will sit on the fence about this for now.
bit of an update from today (09/02/15)
   I've finally made my mind up on a few things, and whilst I don't have the Thermaltake case yet (delays from supplier) I have actually managed to get started.
I've decided to keep the RoG Front Base for the Asus Ranger Motherboard. Now as the case is going to be sprayed white, I figured I should make the front base as white as possible:

First thing I need to do was get the knob off (no puns!) what a pain in the rear this was, but eventually it came off allowing me to fully strip down the electrics from the case/cover:

Once that was stripped I went out and picked the brightest white I could find which is useable on both plastics and metal. Once the screen was masked up I got to work with the primer:

I've finished applying the top coat now, i'm going to let it dry over night, check for runs and hopefully remove the tape tomorrow evening, by which time I should know if the case is in stock at Scan :)
Got the RoG Front Base fully painted and re-assembled:

UPDATE (11/02/15)
So today the Thermaltake case arrived and oh boy, its big!

I took a picture of it here on my desk in between an Antec 902 and a Zalman case, both are mid towers, but it does show the scale of the Core X9.

Heres a few pictures of the case before I stripped it down for painting:

Top view with cover removed and rad/fan mounts still fitted:

Motherboard tray:

PSU Area (one of two!)

Front lower and drive cages, I won't be using these in my mod unless I need 6TB in the future : )

And here is the stripped frame, when they said this was modular they weren't joking!

I have started painting the internal parts of the case and the front mesh, I really under estimated how much paint I would need to do this, however heres some progress:
Front fully painted :D

PSU Blank/Grill

selection of other parts:

well it's been a late one, just the 3 external panels remain to be sprayed :rock:
Transferred the 200mm Red Fan from my Antec 902 mod to use in the front of this one.

Here's some pics of things so far:

UPDATE 15th Feb 2015
So I finally got around to finishing the painting today, I had the roof and side panel to paint and a few imperfections to address. So now I can say that the case is fully painted, now need to work out where I want to placed the 2x 360mm radiators and whether or not to go push or pull with the fans:

Its so annoying to think how much time and money I spent spraying this behemoth white for them to release a snow edition a couple of months later
Just had a doodle as I was thinking of a method to mount the 2x res/pump combos higher up in the case and came up with this (excuse toddler crayoning)

By doing this I will also create somewhere to hide the cables from the pumps and fans/fan controllers on the front of the case.
To do (not 100% sure on this yet) this, thinking of either:
a) a bent piece of acrylic sprayed white with the lettering left clear then using another acrylic piece behind with red LEDs in it to light the lettering red (much like XSPC method on the raystorm and like)
b) Sheet metal, cutting and bending I can do no problems. I do however see problems cutting the letters out of the metal. If I could manage this I would use the method as above to light the lettering
17/02/15
Today I had some treasures arrive :D

Bit of a play on paint to give an idea of the planned loops:

Today I got a couple of in house engineers to help with the partition. Hopefully have it end of this week/beginning of next week with the lettering machined out :D
 I unboxed a few things and tried a preliminary fitting of the rads and fans and I think I'm quite happy, just gotta make sure it tallies up with the partition wall.
I love these fans

19/02/15
Got the partition wall back today and I think the guys did a great job! I need to take it in again tomorrow for tweak to make it fit perfect before spraying it white, but it looks pretty good. Once the acrylic arrives I can stick the centres of the B, D and O's.

Heres the trunking im going to use to hide the cables going to the Asus Rog and Fan controller

I may have to reconsider the rad positioning for the CPU loop as the D will be covered if it goes where it's planned at the moment
21/02/15
So today I got quite a bit of work done and I think it's finally starting to look like a modded pc rather than a small building site, as a plus note i think i've finished spray painting so that should please the wife!
So the partition is painted and fitted, but I'm waiting on the 5mm LED's to arrive before I fit the acrylic and the inside of the B,D and O's from the text. I also painted and added my 240mm radiator to lower of the case to fill the void that was left from moving the rad to the ceiling:

As I said I've also moved the other 360mm rad to the ceiling, if it was left in the lower section it would obscure half of the text on the partition wall. Now both 360mm rads are in the roof!

As i got the partition wall in I figured I may aswell go ahead and sort out the locations of the two EK Pump/Res combos. I de-pinned the PWM and Molex connectors and made small holes on top of the partition allowing the wires to be hidden. That involved dropping the bottom from one of the res's to switch the wires to the reverse side. Now its all done, and i really like the look so far. The fittings on the left side Res will be swapped to the white ones i detailed in my initial parts list once i win the lottery to pay for everything :roll eyes:

24/02/15
Bit more work done tonight, got the letters stuck to the acrylic for the back drop, but can't attach the back drop to the partition wall until the LEDs arrive which appear to have been delayed :wall bash:
So all i got for the moment is an example of the routing from the res to the 240mm radiator, need to order more 90 degrees, compression and a couple of 45 degree fittings and the 16/10 primochill.

25/02/15
I decided to drop the motherboard and PSU in the case tonight as a temporary fit just to see what extra cables I'm gonna need and basically to see how the fans look, and I love them lol :D

For a start i need a braided 8 pin tax extender, cable is just long enough!

27/02/15
This case is huge, if the wife wasn't getting a new Sofa and moving the living room around a little there's no way i could fit this in.
Today I got the partition wall finished with LEDs fitted to the acrylic, so now the wires are well and truly hidden! I also had a delivery which was made up of the primachill tubing, and the 45 and 90 degree fittings (12 of). I got most of the CPU loop complete but i don't have the white compression fittings yet for the GPU and I'm still waiting on some funds to buy the EK CPU, GPU and motherboard chipset block

01/03/15
So as the 240mm radiator was added later on into the planning stage, it also happened to form one of the lower points in the CPU loop. Therefore i needed to add an additional drain to the one already planned for the res. So this weekend i got that finished which required some metal work on the rear grill to provide an opening for the actual drain point:

02/03/15
Today i had a couple of deliveries arrive including the Bitfenix Recon fan controller, 2x PWM hubs, a braiding kit, 8 pin red extension and the final Enermax Vegas fan for the 240mm radiator. I spent quite a lot of time wiring everything up and tidying up the looms from the fans in the ceiling of the case and also tidied some of the wires around the back of the partition. I also braided the CPU loop pump wire and the front panel header cables:

Got the wife to take the pictures as she better with camera than me, took the picture of the text with the lights off and no flash, but i think the exposure was too low, however the text doesn't appear as pink as normal lol
The front of the case, pretty much the only finished area : )

Both fans fitted to the 240mm radiator:

New XSPC fittings fitted to the res/pump combos, wanted to use the black chrome ones which I already had but seems theres a global shortage of black chrome

04/03/15
Just ordered the remaining 2 red compression fittings and the chipset and CPU waterblocks and as some people have asked how the case looks externally at the moment i figured I should add some pictures. These were quite difficult to get right as the lighting in my room is quite dim and the flash seems to over power the colours in the case:

Excuse the Intel Cooler, need something to keep that chip cool while she's been snapped!
Update 06/03/15

Just had some goodies arrive from Mayhems!

A pretty large box in which contained:
2x 1 Ltr Pastel Red

2x 1 Ltr Pastel Ice White

1x 1 Ltr H2O Pure

2x Blitz Pro 2
2x 15ml Red Dye

1x Blitz Clean Basic

and 2x something else .....

Thanks again to Mick at Mayhems!
What's in the box ?
2x Mayhems 360mm Havoc Radiators! Quad pass, triple chamber, can't wait to try these, but first I need to paint the primer to match the case, back to annoying the wife!

Nice paint free threads!

Ready for painting, a quick layer of white primer (although it's primed I feel going white needs to be over white primer ) before painting

Using this months CPC to blank those fins almost made me cry!
Rads primed and working on the top coat now

07/03/15
Radiators all fitted now, 8 hours work and it doesn't look much different :)

Hopefully the remaining compression fittings will arrive on Monday with the EK chipset and CPU Blocks

So i decided to paint the reverse of the PCIE adapter for the Samsung XP941 as the green wasn't really fitting with the colour scheme

and my assistant (or so he thinks)

09/03/15
My blocks arrived :clap:
EK Supremecy EVO

EK Asus M7G

Spent some time today working on the cable management around the motherboard tray and got the CPU and Chipset blocks fitted, just waiting on those compression fittings to arrive today, had an interesting chat with watercoolinguk.co.uk today which ended in no more information on where the hell the fittings are:
Ek Supremecy and M7G fitted

Relocated the 24 pin ATX connector from above the 240mm radiator

Quickly got everything connected, carried out a few hour flush and then filled the system. Done some leak checks just bleeding it now:
Love that block!

Had to take the fittings out from the CPU > Chipset as there just wasn't enough room to bend the hose:

Reservoir filled (well the cpu loop)

Just gotta get the EK Block now for the 970GTX, but that is going to have to wait as I have to go away with work tomorrow :waah:

11/03/15
Slight change to the cpu > chipset blocks

Loving that PWM plug there :wallbash:
So i'm about to go away with work for a while which puts this build on hold for a little while, so heres my to do list (for me as much as others!)
Ek 8mm extender needs fitting to the Chipset block as you can see in the picture its not quite parallel.
Order and fit EK 970 ACX + Nickel Backplate.
Order 1x XSPC Chrome 90 degree fitting (not in stock at the moment). This is the final fittings for the GPU loop.
1x red sata extension
2 more metres of Primochill advanced 16/10mm
Figure out a way to either make the bitfenix recon work with the pwm hubs and ek pwm pumps or buy a new fan controller. Or buy 4x fan pwm splitter cables for the 8 fans and find another way of controlling the pumps (must avoid connection to motherboard)
Ive figured out how I'm going to have to get control of the rad fans and pumps. its not ideal but better than full whack fans lol.
Instead of running the 2x hubs and fans from the recon, I'm just gonna remove the recon from the rad/pump loops. This means running a pwm splitter from the pwm chassis fan plug of the motherboard (will use an unpowered one)and connect both pumps below the motherboard, behind the partition wall. Ill then run a 3rd pwm from the splitter upto the 2 powered splitters with all the fans connected split it into 2 (4 total pwm signals) and connect to each of the powered splitters.
Hopefully this works, can a pwm single be split down this many times and still work ? If so then it means I won't have PWM plugs in the case window and everything will be automated.
So in addition to the above I need:
3 pin fan extender cable (around 50 cm)
pwm y splitter with all male connections (30 cm)
female to male pwm extension cable (around 30 cm)
pwm hub with 1x input 3x output
male to male pwm cable (around 15 cm) + male adapter
Male adapter x2 packs
The whole thing was put on hold at this point as I had to work away for a few months :
Well I'm finally home and got everything installed and after a minor angry moment with EK everything seems to be working.
After 3 months away the original pastel red had turned to a murky red, not sure what happened here but I had to carry out another flush of the CPU loop and refill it.
I've also installed the waterblock and backplate from EK for my 970GTX and on the first boot I seen a small flash and smell of burning. I narrowed it down to the GPU and it seems that the instructions are garbage ..... an area of the back plate touched onto some part of the PCB and caused a short. However it seems that a god must love me as I removed the backplate tried to boot again and everything worked. Just ran a few 3D benchies and everything seems stable, im counting my lucky stars today, but still incredibly pissed at EK...
Just leak checking now and I will post some pics up tomorrow.

Well the memory arrived and its now fitted so i guess that this is now complete, it's taken a lot longer than i wanted it to, but then working away for 3 months probably didn't help! :roll eyes:
Here's the ram all fitted:

Thanks again to Mick at Mayhems for providing the 360mm Havoc Radiators, all the coolants and the Blitz Pro Kit :clap:

PSU Died last week, the only thing I haven't replaced within the last 12 months .....
But it gave me an excuse to fit a Fractal Design R3 Newton 1000w White Edition (duh)

Leaves me some room for another 970gtx having just tried Witcher 3 on my 4k TV.... it didn't go well!
Also got some more cable extensions ordered with Sharkmods
Finally got the order in with Sharkmodz so hopefully I will have these next week:

Cables are now here, just waiting on the E22 Stealth Cable Combs to arrive before I can fit the cables

The Stealth Cable Combs arrived today, so I could finally get to work with depinning and combing these cables!

Think i'm done for now, until I get permission to buy/get donated another 970GTX to SLI this thing!
Thanks for viewing
post edited by leekirlew - 2016/02/16 10:29:09

i7 4790K @ 4.9Ghz - Asus Z97 Ranger VII - 32GB Kingston Hyper X Fury - EVGA 970GTX SSC ACX x2 SLI - Samsung XP941 256GB - SoundBlaster Z - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000w - Wrapped in a Thermaltake X9 - Custom Dual Water Cooling Loops

35 Replies Related Threads

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 13061
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 34
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 08:54:20 (permalink)
    Nice job, looks great!
    leekirlew
    • Total Posts : 24
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 13:03:00 (permalink)
    Hi thanks, it took a while and I think it was worth it, itching to do something else now, considering SLI, but thinking about how to do it with where I want to mount the second GPU

i7 4790K @ 4.9Ghz - Asus Z97 Ranger VII - 32GB Kingston Hyper X Fury - EVGA 970GTX SSC ACX x2 SLI - Samsung XP941 256GB - SoundBlaster Z - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000w - Wrapped in a Thermaltake X9 - Custom Dual Water Cooling Loops
    Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 13:21:27 (permalink)
    Defintely have to do SLI. I need SLI no matter how well I can play games or benchmark. My PC just looks naked, malnourished and barren without a second video board. LOL  I will finally get my RMA replacement 980 from MSI on Wednesday after waiting for over a month for it. I will run it for a few days to be certain it is working OK and then slap my EK waterblock on it. I will finally have watercooled video boards on their own discrete loop. BTW, I gave your Mods/Rigs page a big, fat, juicy +1 earlier today.
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 13:27:34 (permalink)
    To be honest I would be happy with 1x 980, don't think the married cash controller would approve  prices in the UK aren't kind, if I was in the US I would have had a 980 for pretty much the same $$$.

The rig runs pretty good, I can run 4.9ghz on the 4790k, but that needs 1.38v (temps don't exceed 65C) but I leave it at stock for day to day. However the card seems a ****ty clocker, can get around + 110 on the core and 80 on mem, which is poor and annoying as temps never exceed 45C.

returned that big fat +1

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 13:40:07 (permalink)
    Thanks for the +1. My video boards OC like crazy. My primary board gets 1500 MHz core clock with a +146 boost. IDK how much farther it will go. I thought 1500 was a nice round number so I just stopped there. Memory clock is boosted to +250 and I never tried to get any higher. I'm going to try modding a BIOS to give me more voltage but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I have to wait and see what my replacement board does on its own and then see how far I can get before it starts crashing on me. As long as I get close to 1500 MHz I'll be happy.
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 13:50:02 (permalink)
    my cpu seems to clock well, but it seems to need some high vcore. at the moment its set to auto for everyday running at the usual 4.4ghz, I see it at around 1.3v, I think that's the Asus boards. I would be concerned but at stock it never exceeds 45C so  I don't stress

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 14:19:35 (permalink)
    I got my CPU to 4.8 stable for a while and then I had to knock it down to 4.7 since I was uncomfortable raising the voltage. I reach around 70°C using Intel XTU stress test. I really didn't notice any difference in performance and reasoned that 4.4 GHz was really fast enough so I went back to the factory settings of 4.4 GHz boost. I never went over 1.280 volts but someday I'll crank it up and see what happens. I've got to protect my investment for at least another couple of years until I can afford a new CPU and motherboard.
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 14:25:13 (permalink)
    get yourself a waterloop

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 14:32:42 (permalink)
    My CPU is using a Swiftech H220 with Noctua NF-F12 fans. I am going to put the video boards on their own loop hoping for better temps. My CPU temps weren't any better on a custom loop using a Swiftech Apogee XL block so I'll just keep it on the H220.
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 14:39:47 (permalink)
    I aint used that swiftech, but it looks a lot better than a H80 I had. I moved from a 212 Evo on my old 3770k build and temps were worse unless I maxed the fans, in which case it made more noise, a LOT more. That's what pushed me to do this build.

Get a custom loop on those cards, I don' think ill do another build without water now

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 14:47:08 (permalink)
    I have a Corsair H80i and it is really lousy. I had to shim the heck out of the bracket with double stick tape just to get it to make proper contact. Before I did that I was getting temps worse than my Cooler Master V8. On top of all that the pump keeps burning out every three months.

leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 15:05:10 (permalink)
    Ye they suck (imo), there are some well reviewed AIO water coolers out there, but I don't think I will stray from custom now, purely based on that Corsair experience

EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/21 22:31:08 (permalink)
    Very nice !
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/22 03:11:05 (permalink)
    Thanks!

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/22 04:35:19 (permalink)
    An awesome build

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/22 11:09:42 (permalink)
    Thanks a lot!

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/24 21:17:52 (permalink)
    A lot of time and effort put into it. Looks great.                

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/27 13:01:32 (permalink)
    Hi thanks, working on sponsors for the second 970 GTX

Sleinous
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 7663
    • Ribbons : 32
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/29 12:42:10 (permalink)
    Love the setup !
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2015/08/31 12:20:01 (permalink)
    Hi thanks, I've delayed the 970 sli for a little while, I don't like these DX12 compute flaws that are going around, will sit on the fence for a while =)

leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/16 10:26:58 (permalink)
    Hi, so some time has passed and a lot of work has been done with this project, finally including that second 970GTX for SLI and PETG tubing, check out the updates below:

12/02/16

Hurray, Parcelforce finally picked up my shipment from UK customs, a nice little box of modding kit for this build!
    Thanks to Primochill for providing the following products:

So 2x Flow Meters, A Rigid Bender, a whole bunch of the new Primochill RSX fittings and a whole bunch of Primochill 12/10mm PETG tubing

Rigid Bender, seems like a nice piece of kit, used it this evening and it definitely works, good job Primochill!

2x Flow Meters - During the last 6 months or so my rig has been pretty damn quiet, too quiet. At times I wasn't sure if the pumps were actually running, so these should hopefully aid that issue:
    I really like the amount of different tubing configs you can use with these:

Next up are the 2x sets of Primochill RSX rigid tubing fittings. These are very new and they seem like a massive improvement over the Monsoon fittings I was using previously
    Particularly liked the packaging!

I eventually ended up spending around 6 hours making some progress tonight. Most of that time was actually used to strip all the radiators and tubing out and flushing all the old coolant out and cleaning the CPU/Chipset blocks.
    I made a few bends and got to grips with using the Rigid Bender, which is pretty useful!

13/02/16

Some more work done yesterday prior to a heavy night on the town!
    First piece of bending today was a pain in the ass, trying to get the bends correct for the pump outlet that drops below the partition wall and into the 240mm radiator

Once that one was done (5 attempts later!!!)  it was pretty much plain sailing to complete the CPU loop and most of the GPU loop

I changed the old GPU layout a little to allow for cleaner looking bends and adding the Flow Meter

Then onto some leak checking for the CPU loop, early signs all good

14/02/16

Finally finished the loop and did some leak checking and all seemed good ....
    Had a leak from the Parallel Terminal (only part not disturbed!) which leaked in between the 2x GPU's where I can't see ....
    Turned PC on, pc restarted twice then I switched off at mains and eventually found the issue. On the plus side both GPU's are fine as I've tested those in another rig and I've dried the motherboard out and blown it through with compressed air. Will wait till tomorrow to test the board, but fingers crossed ...

Update 15/02/16
    Disaster averted, she lives!!
    So after the panic last night I figured whilst I have the loops drained I would swap all the Fittings around, aka white on red and red on white, I suspected it would look much better.

Did all those last night and rebuilt the loops and waited until this morning to power up the PC.

So back to leak checking!! (although I was pretty certain there were no leaks this time!)

I left it running like that a little whilst bleeding the loops and leak checking all the fittings and especially that Parallel Terminal, had half of a toilet roll stuffed between those gpus today!!

So it's now complete, it works and more good news, my RMA replacement for my Asus RoG Swift Gsync monitor shall arrive tomorrow!!

I decided to do a little stress testing whilst finishing off the flushing and making 100% sure there is no leaks, AIDA 64 full stress test without any issues, so I guess I really did get lucky with that leak!

I followed the AIDA64 with a run of 3dmark Firestrike on default settings, just to see what kind of scores I could get and how the temps are:

This was the second run, I'm pretty sure I can get 1500mhz on these cards and I know the CPU does 4.9ghz. This one was ran at 1468/1856 on the cards and the CPU at 4.8ghz

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7571570

Graphics score 25816, I'm plenty happy with that, more impressive were the temps:

Next weekend I'm gonna try for 5ghz on the CPU and 1500/2000 on the cards, probably going to need a bios flash, but I will see how I feel at the time.

Onto the final pics, thanks for reading so far!

The RoG front base still isn't working as my man that is lengthening my loom is out of the country with work, that will be added in a couple of months

movieman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1114
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/18 21:42:05 (permalink)
    love your build!!!

I recently upgrade my setup to Primochill PETG tubing and I used the Primochill Bender tool as well. I took some time with it, but finally got the hang of it :)

NZXT B550   AMD 5950X
    EVGA 3080Ti Hydrocopper
    WD Black 2TB NVME
    Corsair 64GB (4 x 16GB)
    Alienware AW3418DW 34" UW
    Corsair HX 850          Corsair 5000X(white)
    Windows 10               HEATWARE
    leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/19 00:14:03 (permalink)
    movieman
    love your build!!!

I recently upgrade my setup to Primochill PETG tubing and I used the Primochill Bender tool as well. I took some time with it, but finally got the hang of it :)

Hi thanks, I did change things a little last night as I figured I wanted the additional 240mm (which was on the cpu loop with a 360mm) radiator on the GPU loop with the other 360mm radiator. I have bios modded the cards to run 1420/7400 daily so they run a little warmer now.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/19 00:46:16 (permalink)
    An outstanding build that keeps getting better and better.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/19 05:16:10 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    An outstanding build that keeps getting better and better.

Thanks 

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/21 03:04:16 (permalink)
    Excellent, +1. 
    Red/White liquid in loop. 
    Case now look better than out of box. I like black case more, but this model now look better, more attractive. 
    When you decide to upgrade next years you will easy to find motherboards with white color scheme and EVGA Hydro Copper with white LEDs. 

post edited by Vlada011 - 2016/02/21 03:06:55

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/21 06:34:09 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    Excellent, +1. 
    Red/White liquid in loop. 
    Case now look better than out of box. I like black case more, but this model now look better, more attractive. 
    When you decide to upgrade next years you will easy to find motherboards with white color scheme and EVGA Hydro Copper with white LEDs. 

Think I will be sticking with this hardware for a little while, will probably wait for the next 6/8 core intels before upgrading. I may do another build though soon, probably black case with purple/green, considering a Matrix theme with scrolling text and etched window, will see though

thanks

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/21 23:45:10 (permalink)
    OK your RIG is fantastic at the moment. You don't need to change nothing for now.
    But Intel Xtreme would be smart choice. I think you should wait Skylake-EP and than to upgrade on new chipset. 
    Because one chipset cover two generations. No reason now only for Broadwell-EP.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

leekirlew
    Re: Iced Blood 2016/02/22 07:48:07 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    OK your RIG is fantastic at the moment. You don't need to change nothing for now.
    But Intel Xtreme would be smart choice. I think you should wait Skylake-EP and than to upgrade on new chipset. 
    Because one chipset cover two generations. No reason now only for Broadwell-EP.

Ye Skylake-E is what i'm waiting on, gives me roughly another 18 months on this

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile