H1Z1

Author
SiAScORCH
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2015/08/03 21:12:29 (permalink)
So any of you big into open world zombie games and plan to play this game when it's fully released?

Also, what do you think about if you're caught cheating you have to make a video and upload it to youtube to even be considered to be unbanned? I love the idea and I think it's great.

9 Replies Related Threads

willem445
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4461
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 05:44:24 (permalink)
    What stops you from just turning off your hacks and making the video?
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 06:20:11 (permalink)
    willem445

Well from what I gather is that if you're caught cheating you're banned, then you have to make a public apology, i.e. YouTube and send a link to the developers and it has to be a honest apology. Then they may or may not let you back on the game. You have to state your account name(steam) and once you're known as a cheater, I'm sure they'll have a list and you won't be able to play in a lot of servers. If you're caught a second time then you're banned permanently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zxh998MOvA

willem445
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4461
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 06:30:47 (permalink)
    SiAScORCH
    willem445

Well from what I gather is that if you're caught cheating you're banned, then you have to make a public apology, i.e. YouTube and send a link to the developers and it has to be a honest apology. Then they may or may not let you back on the game. You have to state your account name(steam) and once you're known as a cheater, I'm sure they'll have a list and you won't be able to play in a lot of servers. If you're caught a second time then you're banned permanently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zxh998MOvA

Oh gotcha, I thought it was to be proof that you were or werent hacking. Makes sense. 
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 06:32:33 (permalink)
    Oh yea, no it's a genius idea I think.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 12:34:31 (permalink)
    Seem pointless to make a video when the game is only $20. Some cheaters spend more than that a month on private cheats.

SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 14:51:53 (permalink)
    MSim
    Seem pointless to make a video when the game is only $20. Some cheaters spend more than that a month on private cheats.

Well if you miss the point yes then I'm sure it seems pointless. But having to spend more money and more money only to be caught and banned, especially if it's your steam account where you have purchased a lot of games and have an extensive game library.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 16:28:32 (permalink)
    SiAScORCH
    MSim

Well if you miss the point yes then I'm sure it seems pointless. But having to spend more money and more money only to be caught and banned, especially if it's your steam account where you have purchased a lot of games and have an extensive game library.

Being banned in one game doesn't keep you from playing all the games on your steam account. Most of the cheaters i run into are using throw away accounts. They would never beg a game publisher to remove a ban.  They don't mind paying $20 for 2-3 months of entertainment ruining a game. 

The only people i see that would bother to make a video would be casual gamers that tests out a cheat for the first time, they tend do it to try and get revenge on players they think are cheating. Instead of embarrassing them with a public video, they should just make them donate half the games cost to a small charity approved by the developer.

veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 19:32:15 (permalink)
    cheaters only cheat themselves

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    Re: H1Z1 2015/08/04 21:52:09 (permalink)
    MSim
    SiAScORCH
    MSim

Being banned in one game doesn't keep you from playing all the games on your steam account. Most of the cheaters i run into are using throw away accounts. They would never beg a game publisher to remove a ban.  They don't mind paying $20 for 2-3 months of entertainment ruining a game. 

The only people i see that would bother to make a video would be casual gamers that tests out a cheat for the first time, they tend do it to try and get revenge on players they think are cheating. Instead of embarrassing them with a public video, they should just make them donate half the games cost to a small charity approved by the developer.

I never said it did, but if you paid for the game and you're using your actual account like those that were clearly doing it then you can't play it unless you make a new account and I'm sure they ban more than just your account for that game.

Regardless, any game will have cheaters, I just like how they go about handling it. Once the game actually comes out though I'll get a private server going so that way I don't have to worry about running into cheaters period because I'll be the one approving who joins my server or not(assuming they do that). If not then I won't play the game. When I play DayZ I only play in private servers, or servers that have active admins who enforce the rule because I don't like doing PvP in those games. I PvP when I play battlefield 3.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile