EVGA

Precision X 5.36 issues on Windows 10

Author
nuvioso
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/08/03 17:17:53 (permalink)
First off, in certain blizzard games such as Heroes of the Storm while running precision X for the fan curve profile, it causes the mouse to disappear in-game. Problem is fixed by restarting and not running precision x, it is currently set to start on windows start-up but the has no interference, keeps my oc profile but does not maintain fan curve profile as monitored on GPU-Z. 

Whilst running Precision X for fan curve profile purposes, multiple games (TF2, Rome TW2) will glitch the display upon exiting these games. On my Dual monitor set-up the primary displays games while the secondary is desktop only, primary will remain black with the windows 10 ui completely gone although right clicking does work as normal (I.E. right clicking windows to see the drop down options for shutting down etc.).

On latest nvidia 353.62 drivers. 

4 Replies Related Threads

TwilitSoul
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Precision X 5.36 issues on Windows 10 2015/08/04 09:00:53 (permalink)
    I've also had this problem, along with it causing Heroes to be stuck on a black screen.
    raidmax98
    • Total Posts : 70
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Precision X 5.36 issues on Windows 10 2015/08/04 15:33:10 (permalink)
    nuvioso
    First off, in certain blizzard games such as Heroes of the Storm while running precision X for the fan curve profile, it causes the mouse to disappear in-game. Problem is fixed by restarting and not running precision x, it is currently set to start on windows start-up but the has no interference, keeps my oc profile but does not maintain fan curve profile as monitored on GPU-Z. 

Whilst running Precision X for fan curve profile purposes, multiple games (TF2, Rome TW2) will glitch the display upon exiting these games. On my Dual monitor set-up the primary displays games while the secondary is desktop only, primary will remain black with the windows 10 ui completely gone although right clicking does work as normal (I.E. right clicking windows to see the drop down options for shutting down etc.).

On latest nvidia 353.62 drivers. 

Same here :-/

CPU:                     i7 3770 @4.6ghz
    Mother Board      GIGABYTE Z77X-UP7
    Graphics Cards:   x2 GTX 680 FTW 4GB + BackPlate + Water Block
    Case:                   Cooler Master Nvidia branded HAF X Case
    HDD:                    WD black 1tb, WD Green 1tb, WD Green 2tb
    SSD:                    Corsair 64gb SSD
    Ram:                   16gb Corsair Platnum 2400mhz
    PSU:                    Corsair AX860i PSU
    WaterBlock:        Chrome Plated RayStorm
    Nalizan
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Precision X 5.36 issues on Windows 10 2015/08/04 20:42:46 (permalink)
    I switched back to Precision X when I upgraded to Windows 10. I just remembered tonight why I changed to Afterburner to begin with. Blizzard games crashing and loosing the mouse cursor. Now I remember this happening before and forgot that it was Precision X that caused it. I think this has been an issue for at least a year and not something anyone wants to fix. Such a shame. I will be switching back to Afterburner. 
    Horowitz
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Precision X 5.36 issues on Windows 10 2015/08/21 14:08:08 (permalink)
    @Nalizan
    Exactly the same story here !!!

I don't understand why this problem isn't resolve since many years, particularly when I buy a 900€ graphic card....
    Afterburner save me.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile