EVGA

Helpful ReplyWARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Direct

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
El-Dubya
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/02 11:40:48 (permalink)
Unfortunately, TD is (afaik) the only online place for us living in CA who still don't charge taxes. Personally, I've bought plenty from them and never had any problems with purchases/game codes except shipping is usually slow.   
Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/02 11:56:34 (permalink)
El-Dubya
Unfortunately, TD is (afaik) the only online place for us living in CA who still don't charge taxes. Personally, I've bought plenty from them and never had any problems with purchases/game codes except shipping is usually slow.   

have you tried NCIX? they have a site for Ca and USA, not sure about taxes there but you may want to check them out. I have only purchased a few items from them but there service was ok, AND there shipping was also slow, if you ever need an alternative. But if TD is treating you well, stick with them. All businesses are only as strong as every person that they employ

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

El-Dubya
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 262
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/02 12:15:42 (permalink)
Pgcmoore

have you tried NCIX? they have a site for Ca and USA, not sure about taxes there but you may want to check them out. I have only purchased a few items from them but there service was ok, AND there shipping was also slow, if you ever need an alternative. But if TD is treating you well, stick with them. All businesses are only as strong as every person that they employ

Thanks for that Pgcmoore, but yeah ncix us definitely charges tax to CA. I actually did use ncix Ca in the past when I couldn't find particular water blocks anywhere, but the item took about 2 weeks to get to me lol. Mostly, I've just put up with the extra cost (hard to escape it out here) from amazon and the egg. TD, as of late, has been my last resort unless the budget is real tight.      
Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/02 12:20:18 (permalink)
np, I buy so many items from Amazon I went Prime, the free shipping and "sameday" is great, along with the video, and music. Well worth it if you buy a lot. I dont even know how they do it!

b cool!

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

MattyMattMatt
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/03 15:12:19 (permalink)
Seems to me like employees are taking those codes and reselling them.

Associate Code: C0RZOAF57R3JE6B
Elite Member ID: MXFACO40E1XPINUAY3X
LiquidFreon
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/03 18:07:06 (permalink)
MattyMattMatt
Seems to me like employees are taking those codes and reselling them.

I wouldn't doubt that.  As it stands i contacted the rep again today since i have yet to receive it to see what he has to say.  My next recourse will just be PR damage at the BBB and a couple other websites i have researched.   I had purchased Ground Zero for the PS4 a while back and i was looking forward to doing the same for the Phantom Pain.  It just so happened that coincidentally i was ready to retire the GTX 780 & did not want to wait for Pascal so i decided to make my move.  The MGS deal was just the icing to make the deal even sweeter.  It's a shame that it was just a ploy to sell more cards.  It's the last MGS with Kojima and i want to finish that story.  Eventually when September 1st rolls around and MGS is released, if i did not receive my code by then i will just call my friend Jack Sparrow.  He is good at parleying.
LiquidFreon
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: WARNING - For those planning on purchasing a GTX 980 Ti or any product from Tiger-Dire 2015/08/04 20:21:17 (permalink)
FINAL UPDATE-

It gives me great pleasure to announce that my problem has been solved.  After a false promise from the TigerDirect B2B sales agent, i decided to take it a step further.  I got in contact with the BBB and the FTC.  It did not end there and I decided to go even one step further.  This last step was what finally resulted in me not only getting my promised code for MGSV, but also something extra in my email .  I got in contact with the CEO of NVIDIA himself and explained to him my problem professionally.  Needless to say, in less than a few hours everything was taken care of quite satisfactorily.  They went above and beyond what was expected.  This is one of the reasons why i have enjoyed doing business with NVIDIA since they bought out 3Dfx back in 2002.  So if you ever doubt yourself and feel that your voice does not count, that no one will listen because your just a little fish, make sure that little fish is a piranha and don't give up.
post edited by LiquidFreon - 2015/08/04 22:44:05
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile