EVGA

Move Microsoft Edge Cache to another folder (Second Drive)

Author
HEAVENLY SWORD
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/08/02 18:07:34 (permalink)
I understand that the new Edge Browser just launched and it is still in its infancy but I am having difficulty with the settings as they seem over-simplified.

How do I change the CACHE FOLDER LOCATION OF EDGE TO MY SECOND DRIVE?

I have looked online and there is little to no answer to this question. This is a very important feature in all browsers but Edge seems to be missing this.

Using CCleaner, I tracked the location where the CACHE is going to. For instance, they are being sent to:

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\Cache
C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache
C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!002\MicrosoftEdge\Cache

I have no way to change the path in Edge. I have navigated to environmental variables under system properties and changed the TEMP and TMP location but no avail.
Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Related Threads

James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Move Microsoft Edge Cache to another folder (Second Drive) 2015/08/02 19:15:19 (permalink)
    You can always set a hard link from the existing set directory to wherever you choose. Just drop to an elevated command prompt (run as administrator for cmd) and then type the following:

mklink /J <link_path> <file/folder_path>

For your example it would be (for one of them)

mklink -J C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\Cache <desired folder full path>

That would set a hard directory link from where it references to where you want it to be on a different drive. I change links this way so that if/when I update some software and it changes the structure of my moved directory in the application settings it will still redirect as it's a hard link to the drive I want it to be on.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile