EVGA

Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 8
Author
SiAScORCH
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/31 23:13:31 (permalink)
I'm not updating because Microsoft has a history of releasing non finished OS's.

The three worst OS's for me: Vista, ME & 8.

I mean why stray away from what people are used to. My two favorite are Windows 7 & XP. I'm sure they'll screw some stuff up in Windows 10. This isn't even mentioning how buggy it'll be until the kinks get worked out.

DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1114
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 00:07:50 (permalink)
I don't know who they are trying to kid ! I have windows 7 Pro and was watching a virus scan using Microsoft security essentials. My system says in windows update to reserve windows 10 but have Never clicked that button ! Anyways while watching the scan I seen that the windows 10 rtm was already in my files. Can Anyone Explain that fiasco to me ? I was doing a full scan when I noticed this !
SiAScORCH
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 00:24:31 (permalink)
Well one of the updates that you installed put the notification for Windows 10. I found out which update it was then uninstalled it and checked to ignore it in the future.

You may need to google to do this as well.

DAVE2HOT4U
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1114
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 00:27:48 (permalink)
No what Im saying it has downloaded the whole operating system to my files, it took over a hour to scan those files.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 00:42:42 (permalink)
SiAScORCH
I'm not updating because Microsoft has a history of releasing non finished OS's.

I mean why stray away from what people are used to. My two favorite are Windows 7 & XP. I'm sure they'll screw some stuff up in Windows 10. This isn't even mentioning how buggy it'll be until the kinks get worked out.

I've been beta testing Windows 10 since first announced. It's a great operating system. There might be a couple of bugs but not much more than that.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

SiAScORCH
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 00:46:57 (permalink)
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

I've been beta testing Windows 10 since first announced. It's a great operating system. There might be a couple of bugs but not much more than that.

One thing that threw me off Windows 8 is their starting interface. I'm sure it'll be a nice OS, but not for me.

Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 01:06:01 (permalink)
DAVE2HOT4U
No what Im saying it has downloaded the whole operating system to my files, it took over a hour to scan those files.

files should be in
C:\$WINDOWS.~BT  or C:\WINDOWS\$WINDOWS.~BT      i believe

if you want to remove them simply delete the install files...
post edited by Pgcmoore - 2015/08/01 01:15:38

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

notuptome2004
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 810
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 02:12:48 (permalink)
SiAScORCH
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

One thing that threw me off Windows 8 is their starting interface. I'm sure it'll be a nice OS, but not for me.

Well windows 10 dont have the start screen interface it has the Start menu dunno where you been. Also windows 10 is already on over 67 millions devices  since launch so  take a guess what that means . People are using it  heck best buys hghas already had tones of  people want to upgrade and  best buy will do it for you upgrade  your system for you got a friend who is in geeksquad and   they was swamped  on the 29th and yesterday 
SiAScORCH
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 02:19:21 (permalink)
notuptome2004
SiAScORCH
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

Well windows 10 dont have the start screen interface it has the Start menu dunno where you been. Also windows 10 is already on over 67 millions devices  since launch so  take a guess what that means . People are using it  heck best buys hghas already had tones of  people want to upgrade and  best buy will do it for you upgrade  your system for you got a friend who is in geeksquad and   they was swamped  on the 29th and yesterday 

Umm. I never said it didn't have the start menu. I know what it has. I'm saying what I didn't like about Windows 8.

Geek Squad is a joke and I wouldn't let them touch my system. Hell, I actually get a ton of their business. They charge people $100 to install an OS. Please. I do that for $40 and I do all the updates plus they don't have to wait two weeks.

I won't run Windows 10 period, I like 7. 

notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 02:39:44 (permalink)
SiAScORCH
notuptome2004
SiAScORCH
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

Umm. I never said it didn't have the start menu. I know what it has. I'm saying what I didn't like about Windows 8.

Geek Squad is a joke and I wouldn't let them touch my system. Hell, I actually get a ton of their business. They charge people $100 to install an OS. Please. I do that for $40 and I do all the updates plus they don't have to wait two weeks.

Have you even tried windows 10 for yourself  tried the RTM build before saying you wont even touch windows 10  i assume  you have not   Well it  is ok if you dont wan tto use it i guess since  it is already on 67+ millions systems  as of yesterday  that is even more then windows 7 had  in the same amout of days  if i recall  and oh yea Windows 10 is every eveovling   OS as  it  is a windows as a service so Microsoft will keep rolling out updates  and new features as time goes   by  and you can still gibve your impute to MS on things  
SiAScORCH
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 02:43:44 (permalink)
notuptome2004
SiAScORCH
notuptome2004
SiAScORCH
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

Have you even tried windows 10 for yourself  tried the RTM build before saying you wont even touch windows 10  i assume  you have not   Well it  is ok if you dont wan tto use it i guess since  it is already on 67+ millions systems  as of yesterday  that is even more then windows 7 had  in the same amout of days  if i recall  and oh yea Windows 10 is every eveovling   OS as  it  is a windows as a service so Microsoft will keep rolling out updates  and new features as time goes   by  and you can still gibve your impute to MS on things  

Have I tried it? Yes and no. I've tried it on another computer and I disliked it, I disliked the way it looked and several features. Have I tried it on my own PC? No. I could of looked at Windows 10 from get go and told you I wouldn't like it even before I tried it, because I like certain aesthetics and windows 8 & 10 lacks what I prefer.

notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 02:56:34 (permalink)
SiAScORCH
notuptome2004
SiAScORCH
notuptome2004
SiAScORCH
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

what  parts did you like about windows 8 then . and what version and build of windows 10 did you try  because   it  changed allot over the pasy  year many tweaks and UI tweaks and feature tweakes based on user feedback  

Have I tried it? Yes and no. I've tried it on another computer and I disliked it, I disliked the way it looked and several features. Have I tried it on my own PC? No. I could of looked at Windows 10 from get go and told you I wouldn't like it even before I tried it, because I like certain aesthetics and windows 8 & 10 lacks what I prefer.

what  was it in windows 8 you seem to think   like that is not in windows  10 i assume you think is not. also what build of windows 10 is it you used as over the past year based on user feedback and request windows 10 was shaped the way it was  in features and design  
post edited by notuptome2004 - 2015/08/01 03:04:30
SiAScORCH
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 03:07:03 (permalink)
I couldn't tell you which build it was. I got on it for 5 minutes and said it was crap. I just don't like the way 8 or 10 is setup, but at least 10 seems to be better off than 8.

notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 03:08:59 (permalink)
SiAScORCH
I couldn't tell you which build it was. I got on it for 5 minutes and said it was crap. I just don't like the way 8 or 10 is setup, but at least 10 seems to be better off than 8.

ok how long ago was this  when you tired 10 for like the  5 minits  also what do you mean you dont like the way windows  8 or 10 is set up more so on whast you mean about the windows 10 setup  

Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 03:11:10 (permalink)
>Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why?<

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 04:43:45 (permalink)
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

well I found a pretty severe bug that makes the OS unstable and useless to me. My system even without any updates installed and using windows 8.1 video drivers still locks up and crashes every 30-45 minutes, nothing prevents it. 8.1 works just fine on it how ever, just 10 is unable to work at all. Maybe it doesn't like my chipset, or maybe it hates Core2 quads I dunno, but if windows 10 is a functional OS I havn't seen it
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 05:22:20 (permalink)
notuptome2004

Your comparison between Win 7 and Win 10 installed within a certain time frame is not completely correct. You are dealing with 2 different scenarios. The advantage goes to Win 10 because it is FREE to the public while Win 7 had to be PURCHASED. That WILL influence the numbers.
w4ss4b3
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4560
  • Ribbons : 21
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 06:39:19 (permalink)
I made the jump on my laptop but that is only because I need to familiarize myself with it some since I am taking an electronic technology course and a lot of my studies are based off of computer tech.

I won't be upgrading it on my desktop though. Ill wait to see how I like it on my laptop and decide later. Also I to do not like the automatic update downloads. I would like to decide whether to do that and when to do it. I don't like being bogged down while doing work because I am downloading updates on a crappy connection such as the one at my school.

Anyway good info here. Keep it coming so we can all decide whether or not to take the dive!

Thanks

James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4336
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 07:10:30 (permalink)
DAVE2HOT4U
I don't know who they are trying to kid ! I have windows 7 Pro and was watching a virus scan using Microsoft security essentials. My system says in windows update to reserve windows 10 but have Never clicked that button ! Anyways while watching the scan I seen that the windows 10 rtm was already in my files. Can Anyone Explain that fiasco to me ? I was doing a full scan when I noticed this !

Part of the delivery mechanism for Windows 10 was to preload the OS in your software distribution directory on your current OS. The KB articles which enabled these were KB2952664 and KB3035583. These enabled the background downloader (if your update mode was set to 'Download automatically or Download but let me choose when to install') to be placed in that repository.

James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 07:16:42 (permalink)
notuptome2004

Please try to understand the logic behind that statement. The main reason that there are so many devices/systems running the new OS is that the upgrade was offered for free, not because it is anywhere decent in other people's opinion. Windows 7 and other releases are not much of a benchmark for that statement as the OS was only offered as a paid platform or a free upgrade if you had purchased Vista just prior to Windows 7 launch, and it was only specific versions of Vista which allowed this particular update. Trying to convince someone who is not willing or desiring to use Windows 10 by producing numbers of which are entirely up to interpretation is rather silly in my estimation. I would rather see the numbers after the first year of release to see how many actual installs remain on the platform without rolling back to a previous version. Time will tell if Windows 10 is a more viable platform than XP/7 is for some but that remains to be seen as they adjust the OS and iron out the release day issues. RTM versions are notorious for having release day problems regardless of how many testers a particular platform have. I have yet to see any smooth release day OS offerings which did not have any initial hardware/software incompatibility issues as of yet.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 07:24:01 (permalink)
candle_86
rjohnson11
SiAScORCH

well I found a pretty severe bug that makes the OS unstable and useless to me. My system even without any updates installed and using windows 8.1 video drivers still locks up and crashes every 30-45 minutes, nothing prevents it. 8.1 works just fine on it how ever, just 10 is unable to work at all. Maybe it doesn't like my chipset, or maybe it hates Core2 quads I dunno, but if windows 10 is a functional OS I havn't seen it

What does your device manager look like? Any yellow exclamation marks there?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 07:28:18 (permalink)
rjohnson11
candle_86

What does your device manager look like? Any yellow exclamation marks there?

It is possible that there may be a conflict with the updated Microsoft provided drivers and the imbedded graphics processor on the system motherboard. There are a few instances where, because of a programatic bug, the video drivers are activated improperly and cause a system lockup. Disabling one of them, either the onboard or daughter card, clears this issue up. Normally I would expect to see this on a newer laptop with a FM1 or iCore processor with an imbedded GPU but stranger things have been known to happen. Most of the time the system which exhibits this problem does so in the first minute or two of the OS startup. Going into the system device manager and disabling one of them appears to keep it from occurring.

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 08:25:00 (permalink)
Out of the 67 Million, I wonder how many people did research and got rid of it or used it and went back... I went ahead and did it on my laptop also for the reason that I will probably be working on peoples systems that have 10. It's not going on my main systems. Not any time soon anyway.
notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 11:55:46 (permalink)
You guys are to  Picky agian just to Picky because   that 1 thing that  MS did not take to much impute on  the Windows updates and such  you all get bent out of  shape. i dont see any gaming sites  that have done review not recommending windows  because of that.  and no out of that 67 millions  upgrades in 2 days   i  am sure yes some  went back some but not a whoile  lot   cause i care more  about performance myself then a stupid update  thing   as  i deal with it  .  

Anyways Microsoft is already gonna be pushing out a  SR1 next week or the week after  Service Release 1  with many new update fixes and  other fixes form what  i been reading and they will continue to  do so over the course of days and months   on a regular bases   

James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 12:25:02 (permalink)
notuptome2004
You guys are to  Picky agian just to Picky because   that 1 thing that  MS did not take to much impute on  the Windows updates and such  you all get bent out of  shape. i dont see any gaming sites  that have done review not recommending windows  because of that.  and no out of that 67 millions  upgrades in 2 days   i  am sure yes some  went back some but not a whoile  lot   cause i care more  about performance myself then a stupid update  thing   as  i deal with it  .  

Anyways Microsoft is already gonna be pushing out a  SR1 next week or the week after  Service Release 1  with many new update fixes and  other fixes form what  i been reading and they will continue to  do so over the course of days and months   on a regular bases   

Microsoft had early on stated that this would be the final release of Windows with just overall maintenance from here on out. This is nothing new and was expected. What is also understood is that of the reportedly 67 million devices which are now running it many, if not the majority, were done automatically based on the initial Windows 7/8/8.1 automatic updates settings where the user just blindly updated to the new OS without actually initiating it. Of that number a very small amount (roughly less than 1%) were those who actively took part in the technical preview prior to release. Of that number only a small portion (I was and still am one of them) who reportedly responded to Microsoft with criticism about the privacy issues and data being collected along with my flat disappointment with their decision to take updating out of the hands of the users and make it solely in the hands of Microsoft unless you pay to have particular licenses to avoid their obvious bad patch mistakes. Let's also not forget that mainly those of us who, in your terms are 'picky', are so because we desire to have absolute control of how our systems are and what, if anything, they do.

Giving up your rights to customize the system and your privacy does not equate to satisfaction in having a new, currently freely available, update just because it has the potential to perform better for applications that currently are not able to take advantage of graphic rendering extensions as they are tied to the OS overall and not separate. Microsoft could easily allow DirectX to be platform independent and available for all previous operating systems. They choose not to do this.

Also remember that Microsoft asked for input from the general public about their needs/wants and to give them suggestions as to the overall improvement for the new version. They flatly ignored these suggestions and concerns in favor of their own apparent potential monitization of the operating system as a whole.

notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 12:36:47 (permalink)
James_L
notuptome2004

Microsoft had early on stated that this would be the final release of Windows with just overall maintenance from here on out. This is nothing new and was expected. What is also understood is that of the reportedly 67 million devices which are now running it many, if not the majority, were done automatically based on the initial Windows 7/8/8.1 automatic updates settings where the user just blindly updated to the new OS without actually initiating it. Of that number a very small amount (roughly less than 1%) were those who actively took part in the technical preview prior to release. Of that number only a small portion (I was and still am one of them) who reportedly responded to Microsoft with criticism about the privacy issues and data being collected along with my flat disappointment with their decision to take updating out of the hands of the users and make it solely in the hands of Microsoft unless you pay to have particular licenses to avoid their obvious bad patch mistakes. Let's also not forget that mainly those of us who, in your terms are 'picky', are so because we desire to have absolute control of how our systems are and what, if anything, they do.

Giving up your rights to customize the system and your privacy does not equate to satisfaction in having a new, currently freely available, update just because it has the potential to perform better for applications that currently are not able to take advantage of graphic rendering extensions as they are tied to the OS overall and not separate. Microsoft could easily allow DirectX to be platform independent and available for all previous operating systems. They choose not to do this.

Also remember that Microsoft asked for input from the general public about their needs/wants and to give them suggestions as to the overall improvement for the new version. They flatly ignored these suggestions and concerns in favor of their own apparent potential monitization of the operating system as a whole.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/29/9060891/microsoft-windows-10-myerson-belfiore-aul-spencer-interview

verything Microsoft is making — from the Xbox to phones to HoloLens — is based on Windows 10. It’s not just the foundation of this operating system, it’s the future foundation of the company. Microsoft doesn’t have a Plan B for Windows, and it’s proud of the fact: "There's no one working on a Windows 11," Myerson says, "but there's a group of people working on some really cool updates to Windows 10." When Windows Insiders see those updates, you can be sure Microsoft will want to know exactly what they think.

Myerson and his team have shifted Windows 10 to a "Windows as a service" model, meaning regular updates instead of a major release every few years. It doesn’t feel like Microsoft really knows exactly how this is going to play out, but the Windows 10 release marks a milestone.

But it’s not the kind of milestone we’re used to. Windows 10, even at release, is not done. Right now, it’s all about updates that fix issues and bugs. If you upgrade from Windows 7 and Windows 8 this week, then you’ll start to see those regular updates, and they’ll install automatically to keep everyone up to date.

Also you  have every right not to upgrade to windows  10 Microsoft is not forcing  it on any users  it does not automatically install you geta pop up saying windows 10  can be installed   you geta notification that windows 10 is here   but it is your choice to upgrade or not 

post edited by notuptome2004 - 2015/08/01 12:46:38
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 12:46:40 (permalink)

Don't bother trying to debate anything or use logic or rationality or appeal to common sense with 'notuptome2004' - clearly the guy is a massive fanboi and MS could probably come along and shoot his cat/dog, beat his grandma senseless with a baseball bat, and give him an enema using battery acid, and he'd still be arguing how great they are.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 13:14:13 (permalink)
Nereus

Don't bother trying to debate anything or use logic or rationality or appeal to common sense with 'notuptome2004' - clearly the guy is a massive fanboi and MS could probably come along and shoot his cat/dog, beat his grandma senseless with a baseball bat, and give him an enema using battery acid, and he'd still be arguing how great they are.

I chucked quite a bit on that one and almost shot root beer out my nose. I respect the beliefs of all the members here but I really don't see how anyone can defend what Microsoft is doing. He is right, it's a choice to install 10 for now. I gave it a fair shot and I just prefer 7 more. Under the glitter and the new wow factor, there is some sinister things going on in Windows 10.  Maybe I'm old school but I don't like this push to have everything on the cloud and being plugged in all the time with marketing probing my every keystroke.

James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 13:15:19 (permalink)
notuptome2004

verything Microsoft is making — from the Xbox to phones to HoloLens — is based on Windows 10. It’s not just the foundation of this operating system, it’s the future foundation of the company. Microsoft doesn’t have a Plan B for Windows, and it’s proud of the fact: "There's no one working on a Windows 11," Myerson says, "but there's a group of people working on some really cool updates to Windows 10." When Windows Insiders see those updates, you can be sure Microsoft will want to know exactly what they think.

Myerson and his team have shifted Windows 10 to a "Windows as a service" model, meaning regular updates instead of a major release every few years. It doesn’t feel like Microsoft really knows exactly how this is going to play out, but the Windows 10 release marks a milestone.

But it’s not the kind of milestone we’re used to. Windows 10, even at release, is not done. Right now, it’s all about updates that fix issues and bugs. If you upgrade from Windows 7 and Windows 8 this week, then you’ll start to see those regular updates, and they’ll install automatically to keep everyone up to date.

Also you  have every right not to upgrade to windows  10 Microsoft is not forcing  it on any users  it does not automatically install you geta pop up saying windows 10  can be installed   you geta notification that windows 10 is here   but it is your choice to upgrade or not 

This is what most privacy advocates have an issue with. You won't know what the updates will do prior to any home user being pushed those updates. Additionally, since you have no control over the update process other than the time when they will be moved to your system, if there is a problem which causes instability of the system overall then the only recourse you would have were to a) roll back in hopes the system becomes stable enough to prevent the download temporarily until they push a corrected update, b) pay a consultant/VAR/service technician to correct your system or c) do a base recover from RTM/SP(?) release to regain the system overall. I find those choices fairly slim though they are also the current choices that users of the OS prior to 10 have at present. Most enthusiast users of the OS itself would like to customize it further but that is now taken out of their hands mostly and pushing that more towards Microsoft micromanaging your system at a whole.

Consider that along with the obvious knowledge that the encryption keys for your disks (if you so choose to do so) will be automatically uploaded to Microsoft for 'storage' if you haven't opted out of a setting which is cumbersome to get to and should have not been opt-in to begin with. These kind of default settings are some of what is causing concern by many of the individuals who desire not to update at this particular time.

Citing a conversation/interview between some spokesperson from Microsoft to support a supposed 'best' view of the overall issues does not eliminate them nor change anyone's viewpoint on this subject. An operating system for a computer should not be a 'service' at all. It should be a platform for those applications and services which would be desired by the consumer, not the vendor of the operating system. I find the hubris that Microsoft has in potentially finding out what you are using and, if they so deem it necessary, remove such software if it does not fit with their model of an operating system disturbing as should most people. Just for the sake of argument we'll use this as a supposition: What if Adobe goes out of favor with Microsoft and they decide to stop supporting the application in the future? With their ability to know what is on your system they would have the right to, as stated in the license agreement and privacy changes, remove such applications if it would adversely affect the stability of the operating system purchased and 'licensed' by them. Thus eliminating that application not only from your system but the ability to re-install it in future, regardless if you have already paid for it or not. This kind of decision making by a company being not in favor of the consumer should be cause for alarm.

Nereus

Understandable and I would tend to agree if it were not for the factual misinformation being spread.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/08/01 15:20:53 (permalink)

It feels like some kind of a creepy Big Brother power grab attempt by MS. They've always had a problem trying to tone down their "we know what you want, even if you don't agree" thing, but this is going way beyond that... a total invasion of privacy - total. It feels like they're trying to set up a whole 'knowledge is power, and power is control, and we will control the future' dystopian idiocracy thing, and W10 is like they've given up being (relatively) subtle and just gone total balls-out with a kind of 'hiding in plain sight' approach where it's so totally in your face that you don't comprehend just how totally invasive they are actually being.. Seriously, this makes FaceBook look like child's play. Ok best I remove my tin foil hat, but seriously, this really is getting just a little bit scary when you stop and see what sort of access to *everything* they are taking.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 8
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile