EVGA

Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 8
Author
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 06:35:25 (permalink)
Sounds to me that Windows 10 is going to be the next Vista disaster. Good luck to you all.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
starsmine
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 890
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 06:36:53 (permalink)
The fix seems like a pitstop measure to me, something that will be more robust in a later update. MS knows this sort of thing if left the way it is will cause issues. I usually dont defend MS, but I really think people are overreacting here. 
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 07:00:48 (permalink)
I am going to err on the side of caution and wait. Nothing in life is free. They have a year to get all their ducks in a row and then maybe I will jump on board.
Exxxtacy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 228
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 09:01:07 (permalink)
Question for those of you that have used the tool: Does this tool allow you to "always" block/hide drivers form say, Nvidia corp. or do you have to invoke the tool to block everytime Microsoft releases an Nvidia driver update?

HAF X / I7 960 stock/ Zalman 9900MAX/ GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 Rev. 2 / 12 Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1600 / Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD / 1Tb Caviar Black / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 4 GB / Soundblaster Z / Toughpower 850 W / HP 2709 27" 1080p / Panasonic 60" plasma TV

Corsair 350D / I7 970 @4.0 / Corsair H60 / Rampage III Gene / 12 GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 / Crucial M500 240 GB SSD / EVGA GTX 780 SC / XFI Titanium / Corsair HX750 / Dell 27" 1080p

Chaser MK-I / I7 4770K @4.2 / Corsair H80I / Asus Maximus Hero Z87 /16 GB Corsair Dominator 2133 / Samsung 840 500 GB SSD / EVGA GTX 980 SC 4 GB ACX 2.0/ Creative Recon 3D Fatality / PC Power & Cooling Silencer III 750W / Samsung 32" VA 1440p  

Exxxtacy
Superclocked Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 09:37:53 (permalink)
The reason I ask this because this autoupdate thing is going to turn off users types like my uncle from upgrading to win10. He loves the gaming PC i built him, loves to game on his PC, but doesn't want to deal with the technical aspects of PC gaming and windows in general. He doesn't care to know what FXAA or Ansio. filtering is or does, he justs downloads the game, chooses the default graphics settings the game sets, and off he goes. Heck, after three years of PC gaming, I just got him comfortable doing a clean, custom Nvidia driver install with only the driver and physix. If I can just set the tool to "never" install windows update drivers from Nvidia, it might not scare off this type of user on having to identify cryptic looking driver updates to block.

HAF X / I7 960 stock/ Zalman 9900MAX/ GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 Rev. 2 / 12 Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1600 / Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD / 1Tb Caviar Black / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 4 GB / Soundblaster Z / Toughpower 850 W / HP 2709 27" 1080p / Panasonic 60" plasma TV

Corsair 350D / I7 970 @4.0 / Corsair H60 / Rampage III Gene / 12 GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 / Crucial M500 240 GB SSD / EVGA GTX 780 SC / XFI Titanium / Corsair HX750 / Dell 27" 1080p

Chaser MK-I / I7 4770K @4.2 / Corsair H80I / Asus Maximus Hero Z87 /16 GB Corsair Dominator 2133 / Samsung 840 500 GB SSD / EVGA GTX 980 SC 4 GB ACX 2.0/ Creative Recon 3D Fatality / PC Power & Cooling Silencer III 750W / Samsung 32" VA 1440p  

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 10:49:16 (permalink)
I'm going to hold off upgrading for awhile, let other people be the gennie pigs. It was just last year that i finally upgraded to Win7 over Vista.

James_L
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4336
  • Ribbons : 46
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 11:08:54 (permalink)
On my home systems I am waiting until the OS is more stable/viable from a customization standpoint. For my clients I have recommended to not upgrade at all considering their software most likely does not support the new OS. If, after a time, Microsoft allows more control over the OS and it's updating schedule/types then I will consider my upgrade. Until then I have my 'reserved' copy waiting and will set a timer to ensure I don't miss out on my ISO build so I can install a fresh, clean, build.

Pgcmoore
how much for 4 Enterprise licenses?

Windows 10 Enterprise is available through the corporate VDI and SA licenses. Not available (from what I understand) to the general public. If you have a volume license with software assurance then you have this available but get no discounts and it's a per device license.
post edited by James_L - 2015/07/28 11:12:13

Shenksy
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 11:37:46 (permalink)
I'm might stick with Windows 7 for the foreseeable future. Microsoft's eagerness for everyone with a Windows machine to upgrade to Windows 10 has me slightly concerned. I'll see what others say about Windows 10 six months after it's release before making a decision.
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 12:00:19 (permalink)
I know my language in the following will have to be worded very carefully so here goes;

It seems that part of the reason Microsoft is pushing W10 is because of the large rash of "non Genuine" copies going around. They have even stated that there will be a "deep discount" for those that are upgrading with a non genuine copy of 7 or whatever they are upgrading from. This sounds good in theory as it will have everyone safe with the most up to date protection/ updates and everyone will have a fresh start with the same OS. With all these forced updates, privacy issues and everything else, I can almost see that this will make the problem worse.

Maybe Windows 10 better utilizes your cpu and you have better fps in games but with all the nonsense surrounding it, I can see why someone would want to alter Windows 10, cut out all the crap and then share it for free. Then they have the same problem all over again. I know it would be harder since it seems Windows 10 is pushing an "always connected" type of OS but where there is a will....

In 6 months from now if all the issues are the same, some kid is going to be wondering; "I have Call of Dooty 83 / BattleField 5: Compton Battles / GTA: Kill your parents 3 ect, ect and I want to have a better experience by getting Windows 10. I could upgrade for free but have all these issues or I can go on this other site and also get it for free without the issues." Since they are both "free", there might not be a moral dilemma for many.
That could all be circumvented if Microsoft would do it right to begin with.
notuptome2004
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 810
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 12:27:07 (permalink)
agent8
I know my language in the following will have to be worded very carefully so here goes;

It seems that part of the reason Microsoft is pushing W10 is because of the large rash of "non Genuine" copies going around. They have even stated that there will be a "deep discount" for those that are upgrading with a non genuine copy of 7 or whatever they are upgrading from. This sounds good in theory as it will have everyone safe with the most up to date protection/ updates and everyone will have a fresh start with the same OS. With all these forced updates, privacy issues and everything else, I can almost see that this will make the problem worse.

Maybe Windows 10 better utilizes your cpu and you have better fps in games but with all the nonsense surrounding it, I can see why someone would want to alter Windows 10, cut out all the crap and then share it for free. Then they have the same problem all over again. I know it would be harder since it seems Windows 10 is pushing an "always connected" type of OS but where there is a will....

In 6 months from now if all the issues are the same, some kid is going to be wondering; "I have Call of Dooty 83 / BattleField 5: Compton Battles / GTA: Kill your parents 3 ect, ect and I want to have a better experience by getting Windows 10. I could upgrade for free but have all these issues or I can go on this other site and also get it for free without the issues." Since they are both "free", there might not be a moral dilemma for many.
That could all be circumvented if Microsoft would do it right to begin with.

you do realize tho of course that since October 1st of last year  people just like you and i have been running  windows 10 and gone through many new builds in place upgrades and such giving are feedback thjat  shaped the way windows 10 is  currently  and for the past 2 days MS has released several new  updates to windows 10  RTM that i am running to fix  various  issues  so ther is no waiting 6 months to see how users liek it when it is  the USERS who approved the way windows 10 is now  5 Millions + users  gave   in depth precise feedback be  it reporting a bug  or   wanting this or that.   Why do you think Windows  10 now has  a transparent start menu and taskbar and other elements  is because it was one of the biggest requested thing is to have  that back.

now  Performance is an area that windows 10 excels  in allot   my games do running better even load faster Despite me being  on a  5900RPMs  HDD  ( SSD  quite  working some months  ago Broke cant afford new one)    anywho even   extracting large ISOs   of any kind   are faster then windows 8.1  and or windows 7  on my system  . now when it comes to windows updates  i am on the Pro version so i have those set o download but not install and  even if i do install i can keep delaying a restart time and time again   

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 13:32:50 (permalink)

Cancelled 'free' 'upgrade' on my desktop, laptop, and wife's desktop, because of the Windows Update issues with 3rd party hardware & software. Also dubious about MS deciding what I can and cannot install on my rig (if that is true).

IF Windows Update was mandatory for operating system security updates only, I'd be ok with that, but not for everything, no way.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 17:38:12 (permalink)
Nereus

Cancelled 'free' 'upgrade' on my desktop, laptop, and wife's desktop, because of the Windows Update issues with 3rd party hardware & software. Also dubious about MS deciding what I can and cannot install on my rig (if that is true).

IF Windows Update was mandatory for operating system security updates only, I'd be ok with that, but not for everything, no way.

if it is  not one thing it is another  Microsoft involves  us in the Windows 10 development and creats an OS that  we should have had  After windows 7   and   just one thing ticks you all off and it is NO thanks all stick with my windows 7  1 thing  .  wow    i am sorry  but you cant please everyone you know   MS is not perfect  nore is everyone else  so live with  it deal with it    i myself rather have an updated OS   then be stuck  on a Previous version of windows that  in my own experiences so far is slower then windows 10  
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 19:27:53 (permalink)
notuptome2004
Nereus

if it is  not one thing it is another  Microsoft involves  us in the Windows 10 development and creats an OS that  we should have had  After windows 7   and   just one thing ticks you all off and it is NO thanks all stick with my windows 7  1 thing  .  wow    i am sorry  but you cant please everyone you know   MS is not perfect  nore is everyone else  so live with  it deal with it    i myself rather have an updated OS   then be stuck  on a Previous version of windows that  in my own experiences so far is slower then windows 10  

notuptome2004,

I seem to remember when Win 8 was getting ready to be released you came out all over the place bragging how great 8 was going to be and how you ridiculed pretty much everyone (see example above) for not getting on the same platform as you. It wasn't long after that 8.1 came out and once again you were saying the same thing about 8.1. Now Win 10 is due to be released and here you are doing the wash, rinse and repeat act again.

Microsoft couldn't distance themselves from that fiasco fast enough. The people spoke with their non-purchases and horrible 1 and 2 star product reviews. One of the most common and very popular negative review was the start icon change. There were others also. Their sales were in the tank. XP even deserves an honorable mention here due to its popularity over 8.

Give it a rest already.
Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 19:37:41 (permalink)
James_L
On my home systems I am waiting until the OS is more stable/viable from a customization standpoint. For my clients I have recommended to not upgrade at all considering their software most likely does not support the new OS. If, after a time, Microsoft allows more control over the OS and it's updating schedule/types then I will consider my upgrade. Until then I have my 'reserved' copy waiting and will set a timer to ensure I don't miss out on my ISO build so I can install a fresh, clean, build.

Pgcmoore
how much for 4 Enterprise licenses?

Windows 10 Enterprise is available through the corporate VDI and SA licenses. Not available (from what I understand) to the general public. If you have a volume license with software assurance then you have this available but get no discounts and it's a per device license.

Exactly what I had read into also, thanks!
Decided to just wait it out on the "update" for tonight.
Got one with Win7Ult, that will keep as is and buy a Win10 for later.
Will keep using Insider as long as it will work, will see how that goes.
Will "update" one of the Pro's later on. Wifes notebook first after a few months, let her be my control. If that works out then: update the other Win7 Pros.
As far as the son's, he said.... well I cant post that here 

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 19:57:54 (permalink)
whiskers54
notuptome2004
Nereus

notuptome2004,

I seem to remember when Win 8 was getting ready to be released you came out all over the place bragging how great 8 was going to be and how you ridiculed pretty much everyone (see example above) for not getting on the same platform as you. It wasn't long after that 8.1 came out and once again you were saying the same thing about 8.1. Now Win 10 is due to be released and here you are doing the wash, rinse and repeat act again.

Microsoft couldn't distance themselves from that fiasco fast enough. The people spoke with their non-purchases and horrible 1 and 2 star product reviews. One of the most common and very popular negative review was the start icon change. There were others also. Their sales were in the tank. XP even deserves an honorable mention here due to its popularity over 8.

Give it a rest already.

i had not been using windows 8  till it was relased but while windows  8 was not a success  guess what  it was supior and windows 8.1 Superior to windows 7 in performance that is why i ran windows 8/8.1  was the performance  and  10 pushes that furthor but windows 10  unlike  8 has very possit response   since  testing for nearly everyone and ther mother  Hek even my Mother loves windows 10 she even loves  Cortana    i put windows 10 insider preview builds on her system months ago to get her ready for it.   We are the ones who shaped windows 10   and while yess  not everyones vcoice was heard   on one thing or another  other voices  out wighed the few  on  a feature or idea over  another   so  live  with it.  Windows 10 is  and  will be evolved over time  and improve even more.  Next year will be an update to windows 10 called  right now Redstone i think   more features. 

Anyways i will use windows 10 cause it does everything and the kitchen sink  better then windows 8.1   and windows 7   and since i just got a 960GTX while back ago i am ready  for  Games that may possibly only be DX12  
Exxxtacy
Superclocked Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 19:59:03 (permalink)
notuptome2004
Nereus

lol...ok, we get it..You love Microsoft, windows 10 is great for you, your Mom loves it, its all wonderful for you. Please stop projecting whats best for you, is whats best for other users, with your hard to read, confrontational word salads in every thread.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18915
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 20:05:32 (permalink)
notuptome2004
Nereus

Shut up you little git.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

awalleyeguy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3444
  • Ribbons : 12
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 20:36:04 (permalink)
 I could be wrong but. Seems to me it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that M$ came out saying that oh by the way mandatory third party driver updates are part of W10. if you don't like it too bad. if you do something to disable it you will be cut off from all updates.
 I am wondering how this will effect printer drivers. Because they can be set up the way someone wants them. (I have over 20 different printers/drivers installed on my laptop. It's what I do) Are people going to have to reconfigure their printing preferences every time M$ decides the driver needs to be updated. Believe it or not, not everyone prints through a server. I only see headaches with this mandatory third party driver update crap.
 I am going to update my computers. I will also have win 7 on all also.
I have no issue with M$ wanting to keep the OS up to date.
post edited by awalleyeguy - 2015/07/28 20:38:42
notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 21:45:56 (permalink)
Exxxtacy
notuptome2004
Nereus

lol...ok, we get it..You love Microsoft, windows 10 is great for you, your Mom loves it, its all wonderful for you. Please stop projecting whats best for you, is whats best for other users, with your hard to read, confrontational word salads in every thread.

Sure  if you Say so dude . it has been   9 months that  5 millions + users such as  someone like You  have been testing windows 10 same as i did  why all of a sudden since Microsoft announced  Mandatory updates for Windows 10 Home users    back in March   nearly   4 months ago that all of a sudden people are complaining when it has been  upfront knowledge  for months  .  

and currently in every review i have seen  on most gaming sites  or related sites like  noone has made a complian as a Con on those  updates  for  even the Home version  least i have not seen  it has been nothing but postive on  10
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/28 22:01:44 (permalink)
Windows 7 "Slower" Really? Maybe I have been looking at the wrong sites. From what I have been reading, the difference is minimal at best. And if everyone was involved with building this perfect 10 Windows OS, I would think one of the very first things people would want is control over what does and doesn't get updated. I understand that things will gradually get better as they work out the kinks but I thought that was the whole point of all the beta testing. Maybe I expect to much but when tomorrow comes, I was looking for an end all-be all operating system that didn't have any bugs or last minute "gotcha" tricks. I was hoping for something that just worked the way I want it to and where I had control. I don't want to live in a world where I have to worry if someday I am going to have to pay to have updates or ads removed or worry that my no-cd crack "if you will" for an older game gets yanked because Microsoft deems it unsafe. Or have to disable my internet on multiple pc because I am having people come over to watch a movie on Netflix with my limited bandwidth. Who knows, in 6 months, I may be singing it's praises but for now, I'm staying with 7.
post edited by agent8 - 2015/07/28 22:25:24
notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 00:50:48 (permalink)
agent8
Windows 7 "Slower" Really? Maybe I have been looking at the wrong sites. From what I have been reading, the difference is minimal at best. And if everyone was involved with building this perfect 10 Windows OS, I would think one of the very first things people would want is control over what does and doesn't get updated. I understand that things will gradually get better as they work out the kinks but I thought that was the whole point of all the beta testing. Maybe I expect to much but when tomorrow comes, I was looking for an end all-be all operating system that didn't have any bugs or last minute "gotcha" tricks. I was hoping for something that just worked the way I want it to and where I had control. I don't want to live in a world where I have to worry if someday I am going to have to pay to have updates or ads removed or worry that my no-cd crack "if you will" for an older game gets yanked because Microsoft deems it unsafe. Or have to disable my internet on multiple pc because I am having people come over to watch a movie on Netflix with my limited bandwidth. Who knows, in 6 months, I may be singing it's praises but for now, I'm staying with 7.

Well we have known about the mandatory updates for Windows 10 HOME  edition for over 4 months  so i dont see why it is now all of a sudden shock and Ahh  . as for Ads  windows 10 has no Ads   it is not Ad supported Free not sure why ya would  think it is .  and yes  Windows 8.1 is faster then windows  7 same goes for 10 being faster then windows 8.1   it is  under the hood improvements Microsoft made toi  windows 8.1  well windows 8 anyways   just as an example  but this is me  hopping in and out of games was faster  Alt tabing that is while  converting  videos   and such.

Anyways    Microsoft listened to the users  since last  October    windows 10  agian  is the way it is because of  the 5.5 millions insiders   enthusesest  and gamers alike . windows  10 is now upon us  and many already installing  based on comments in other  articles and comment sec tions 

Oh by the way  Windows  updates  be it home or Pro you can set a time to install the updates as you want   so 5 days from now say then 4 days in you can set it out further delaying updates  
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 03:58:39 (permalink)
agent8
Sure they made a "tool" to stop the updates for graphics cards but what about everything else? It was mentioned in another thread, what about if Micro-satan decides that it wants you to use some beta network driver and dorks your internet connection? I have to make several pit stops today to disable windows 10 upgrades on various builds I have done for people that don't want this crap. My real wish is that come midnight or whenever the apocalypse/dawn of machines thing happens that enough people change their mind and Microsoft comes to it's senses and changes some things.

Pit stops!?!!
Go to Citrix and get an account!
Your clients types in "fastsupport.com" and you get access to their machines.

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 05:33:14 (permalink)
seth89
agent8
Sure they made a "tool" to stop the updates for graphics cards but what about everything else? It was mentioned in another thread, what about if Micro-satan decides that it wants you to use some beta network driver and dorks your internet connection? I have to make several pit stops today to disable windows 10 upgrades on various builds I have done for people that don't want this crap. My real wish is that come midnight or whenever the apocalypse/dawn of machines thing happens that enough people change their mind and Microsoft comes to it's senses and changes some things.

Pit stops!?!!

Thank you. I was looking for something like this. As far as the Windows 10 being faster/better, I just don't see the reason to do it. Saying that there are "under the hood improvements" and that "games are faster" is not enough. Maybe Windows 10 is not "ad supported" but having to pay $1.49 a month to remove ads in solitaire that comes with Windows 10 is a heck of a start in that direction...
notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 11:21:23 (permalink)
agent8
seth89
agent8

Pit stops!?!!

Thank you. I was looking for something like this. As far as the Windows 10 being faster/better, I just don't see the reason to do it. Saying that there are "under the hood improvements" and that "games are faster" is not enough. Maybe Windows 10 is not "ad supported" but having to pay $1.49 a month to remove ads in solitaire that comes with Windows 10 is a heck of a start in that direction...

Ok so solitare is why you assumed windows 10 was ad supported because of 1 ghame   and do you know how many andriod games   are ad supported    a heck of a  whole lot so nothing is new there.  as for windows 10 being faster  in games i showed a link earlier that showed 1  game   improved allot even on a preview build of windows 10 so that there  shows  yes  it is faster     . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuSoi7HAnkw   that video i pasted aearlier and as you can see  out of the box this guy gets a huge boost  in performance  on  Project cars as well as Reduced  CPU usage   and this ona an early build  of windows 10 that has tones of debug code  still included   in it 

and as  of right now ther is   16 PCs per second installing  windows  10 right now     http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft039s-windows-10-upgrade-counter-shows-install-rate-of-16-per-scond

early reviews, including our own, are showing that the general community is much more positive about this OS than Windows 8.

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 12:12:07 (permalink)
First, the topic is "Who is not upgrading to Windows and why," not "who loves Windows 10 and can join the fan club fastest."

Second, The only thing that video showed me is that A; That guy can't stay on the track too well and B; He had some improvement while using an ATI card. Being that Evga only makes Nvidea cards and we are in fact on an Evga thread, the point is moot and irrelevant.

Third, The initial release has an ad on "1 ghame". If that is any indication of what things are to come, then yes, I believe it to be a valid concern. The logic that many "android games are ad supported" is a true statement but relates to this conversation very little as this is an operating system and not a free version of Angry Birds, Avengers edition.

Lastly, in all sincerity, your unusual spacing, spelling and overall sentence structure has me concerned for the integrity of your keyboard or maybe it's Windows 10 assimilating control?
Exxxtacy
Superclocked Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 12:22:03 (permalink)
agent8
First, the topic is "Who is not upgrading to Windows and why," not "who loves Windows 10 and can join the fan club fastest."

Second, The only thing that video showed me is that A; That guy can't stay on the track too well and B; He had some improvement while using an ATI card. Being that Evga only makes Nvidea cards and we are in fact on an Evga thread, the point is moot and irrelevant.

Third, The initial release has an ad on "1 ghame". If that is any indication of what things are to come, then yes, I believe it to be a valid concern. The logic that many "android games are ad supported" is a true statement but relates to this conversation very little as this is an operating system and not a free version of Angry Birds, Avengers edition.

Lastly, in all sincerity, your unusual spacing, spelling and overall sentence structure has me concerned for the integrity of your keyboard or maybe it's Windows 10 assimilating control?

Shhh..don't argue with him, maybe he'll go away. He seems to be on some kind of holy warrior crusade that Microsoft can do no wrong and your an idiot for thinking otherwise. Or its just a spam bot that somebody forgot to turn off.

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10322
  • Ribbons : 116
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 12:26:48 (permalink)
Using your search box in Win10, can you search for a file on "your own PC" without it also going to Bing for results?  In other words, can you restrict searches locally on your own PC or will it always use the internet for results?

If you're running say Nero for example for photo and/or video editing, do you get ocassional popups (notifications) telling you there is an app in the store for that?

aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 12:36:52 (permalink)
I posted this in the other win 10 thread :

My system has been, for the most part, running flawlessly for so many years now - I really dread installing this , just so I can spend the next few weeks pulling my hair out.....

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
notuptome2004
SSC Member
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 12:38:09 (permalink)
agent8

We have had Ad supported games for years  mobile or non mobile heck   i just started playing  Heros of the storm  by Blizzard   and it is Ad supported heck you will find all sorts of stuff Ad supported  now days windows phone Android  IOs  and  on Pc so don't  give me this  is a indication on windows 10   Because it is  on other platforms  not just windows 10  
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Who is not upgrading to windows 10 and why? 2015/07/29 12:52:42 (permalink)
Again, you are comparing "Heroes of the storm" and "all sorts of stuff AD supported now" with an operating system. A fair comparison would be, "android, windows 7, windows 8, Apple OSX has ads bundled with it. Alas, that comparison, as far as I know is flawed. The closest thing I have seen is maybe A Samsung tablet or an Acer tablet with bloatware that may have ads on it but not Android itself. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Not comparing games that are ad supported that tweens download and use their moms credit card to play to win, we are talking about an Operating system with a game that is pre-bundled and essentially part of windows. If Windows movie maker was on my computer and it had an ad covering the toolbar, I would be pissed too.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 8
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile