EVGA

Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one?

Author
Colagalaga
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/23 13:34:35 (permalink)
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of trying to RMA (advance RMA) my dead GPU, problem is that I never was able to pay the collateral due to always being redirected to a maintenance page while trying to go to Paypal. (And yes I tried that link in every browser/computer/phone/ISP I had around, with no success).
Support seems to have no clue about the problem and says that the link works internally, while I assure them that from outside EVGA internal network there is a problem.
It's been a back and forth for 2 weeks now, and I'm kind of tired of it, as every time I have top reexplain the whole situation, and wait one business day between each answer... They escalated the problem to their internal IT, but I don't expect any answer soon.
So, is there any alternative solution possible, like the one I suggested in the thread title? I don't want to wait more weeks for, well, nothing. I can understand technical difficulties, but not providing alternative solutions after being stuck a while isn't good.
Is there any manager willing to help consulting this forum?

It's really kind of sad, I expected my first experience with evga support service to be better than that .

Regards,
--
MB
post edited by Colagalaga - 2015/07/23 14:27:00

7 Replies Related Threads

EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/23 23:27:44 (permalink)
    Hello Colagalaga,

I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with submitting your payment for your RMA request. 

To answer you initial questions, yes you can cancel your RMA request and submit a new one by going the "My Product" page, then click on "View Details" for the product and click "Cancel RMA"  Once this is done you can submit a request for a new RMA by refreshing the page.

I've also escalated the payment issues you are having to our IT team, as I am part of the US team to see what they can do to assist our EU office.  Any further questions,  you can also contact our EU office via phone at: 
  • Tel: +49.89.189.049.0
    Colagalaga
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/24 01:49:37 (permalink)
    Hi,

thank you for the help, I cancelled and resubmitted the RMA. I hope that this time it'll work better...

Colagalaga
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/24 04:13:56 (permalink)
    Hi,

I was able to pay the collateral by cancelling the RMA and asking for a new one!
    Now I'm just waiting for the GPU to be shipped.
    Is there any tracking number given when the card is sent?

Thanks for the help,
    --
    MB
    bsmegreg
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1604
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/25 13:44:06 (permalink)
    Colagalaga
    Hi,

I was able to pay the collateral by cancelling the RMA and asking for a new one!
    Now I'm just waiting for the GPU to be shipped.
    Is there any tracking number given when the card is sent?

Thanks for the help,
    --
    MB

You can find the tracking number once shipped and the current status of your RMA at http://www.evga.com/support/openrma.asp  Remember you have ten(10) EDIT: fourteen(14) days from when the package arrives at your door to when you need to scan the package to go back at your local UPS store.  I would also advise you reuse the packaging the replacement comes in.

post edited by bsmegreg - 2015/07/25 16:28:19

Colagalaga
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/25 14:30:39 (permalink)
    Good idea about reusing package!
    UPS is not cheap, is there any way to use another postal service?
    BTW, 10 days? I read 30 days in the rma procedure?
    bsmegreg
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1604
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/25 16:27:32 (permalink)
    Colagalaga

Its my understanding you got the EAR RMA (advanced RMA) and this has free shipping.  The package will come with 4(?) things.  The first is a box inside a box with the card inside, the second is the instructions, third is documentation for your record and the last is a shipping label.  You will need to take the shipping label and place it on the box over the old one, preferably first so you don't loose it.  There will also be another label with your RMA number which you will want to keep for your records if you want. You will also want to keep the smaller box the card came in to send the bad one back in so it doesnt break.  So you will end up putting the defective card back in the smaller box and putting the smaller box inside the main box with the shipping label on it.

You also mentioned 30 days and that was the window that you can order an EAR RMA which is thirty(30) days after the purchase of the card from Newegg/Amazon/etc and that last for the life of the warranty. But the window you have to return the card before your credit card gets billed a lot of money is fourteen(14) days, not ten(10) like I accidentally said above which I will correct.  

Here is the direct words from EVGA:

• EVGA will provide a return shipping label which is required to return your defective product. You will have 14 days to ship the product to EVGA with the return shipping label provided by EVGA.
    • If your product is not shipped to EVGA with the return shipping label provided by EVGA within 14 days you will be charged the full replacement cost of the product shipped to you.

post edited by bsmegreg - 2015/07/25 16:32:44

Colagalaga
    Re: Stuck with an advanced RMA: is it possible to cancel an RMA then ask for a new one? 2015/07/25 20:35:03 (permalink)
    bsmegreg
    Colagalaga

Its my understanding you got the EAR RMA (advanced RMA) and this has free shipping.  The package will come with 4(?) things.  The first is a box inside a box with the card inside, the second is the instructions, third is documentation for your record and the last is a shipping label.  You will need to take the shipping label and place it on the box over the old one, preferably first so you don't loose it.  There will also be another label with your RMA number which you will want to keep for your records if you want. You will also want to keep the smaller box the card came in to send the bad one back in so it doesnt break.  So you will end up putting the defective card back in the smaller box and putting the smaller box inside the main box with the shipping label on it.

You also mentioned 30 days and that was the window that you can order an EAR RMA which is thirty(30) days after the purchase of the card from Newegg/Amazon/etc and that last for the life of the warranty. But the window you have to return the card before your credit card gets billed a lot of money is fourteen(14) days, not ten(10) like I accidentally said above which I will correct.  

Here is the direct words from EVGA:

• EVGA will provide a return shipping label which is required to return your defective product. You will have 14 days to ship the product to EVGA with the return shipping label provided by EVGA.
    • If your product is not shipped to EVGA with the return shipping label provided by EVGA within 14 days you will be charged the full replacement cost of the product shipped to you.

Thanks for the intel, I thought I had to pay for returning the package, and to pay around 50€ for that, so that's good news for me :).
    About how much time I have to return the card, I think things have changed, because here is an excerpt of the automatic email I received:

• UN-RETURNED ADVANCED RMA POLICY
    If EVGA doesn?t receive the product back within 30 days of the arrival of the replacement product, the EAR is considered a sale, EVGA will keep the collateral, and no refunds are available past 30 days.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile