EVGA

Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business??

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Iluv2raceit
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 518
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2015/07/03 10:21:38 (permalink)
Hello fellow EVGA gamers!  I would like to ask if anyone had heard any official news regarding the demise of Overlord Computers?  It is a company based out of Rancho Cordova, California.  A few weeks ago, they took their website offline for supposed 'maintenance'.  Now the domain appears to be gone altogether as well as their Facebook page.  I'm guess the owner Scribby wants to keep this on the down low, but some folks are beginning to notice.  Google still has their Facebook cached (not sure for how much longer before Scribby asks them to delete it):

https://www.facebook.com/...&ct=clnk&gl=us]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ag0Ze4GPobIJ:https://www.facebook.com/...&ct=clnk&gl=us[/link]

For those of you who don't know about Overlord Computers, they are the small business that developed and sold the Overlord Tempest monitor.  It was the only monitor of its kind.  A 27-inch 120Hz IPS WQHD gaming monitor.  There were others that came close (Catsleap, QNIX - both used PLS panels), but none of them were ever able to use IPS panels.  Tom's Hardware did an official review on the Overlord Tempest and it was impressive to say the least: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overlord-tempest-x270oc-monitor,3879.html

Overlord was supposed to be working on the next-generation monitor called the "Revenator", which was basically a G-Sync version of the Tempest, but it never materialized.  A FreeSync version was also supposedly in the works as well.  Now it looks like we will never see either monitor :(

Again, I would appreciate if anyone has heard of anything official with regards to their demise.  Thanks!

post edited by Iluv2raceit - 2015/07/03 10:24:29

76 Replies Related Threads

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/03 15:08:57 (permalink)

Maybe his tech got bought out by a big company?

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/03 16:13:47 (permalink)
    Doubtful, imho he bit off more than he could chew with the manpower he had on hand.
    Iluv2raceit
    SSC Member
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/04 14:15:05 (permalink)
    <DELETED BY ILUV2RACEIT>
    post edited by Iluv2raceit - 2015/07/23 12:04:33
    Iluv2raceit
    SSC Member
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/05 09:38:13 (permalink)
    Nereus

Scribby actually didn't own any tech.  He simply took advantage of what other companies (Catsleap, QNIX, etc) had discovered with regards to certain hand picked LG IPS panels that when equipped with a special Korean PCB were able to overclock the pixels up to 120Hz (not always guaranteed - was even a disclaimer put on the Overlord website for the Tempest X270OC model).  The niche about Overlord Computer, is that the company was actually based inside the continental US, meaning that potential customers wouldn't have to deal with shady 3rd party sellers on Amazon or eBay.
    post edited by Iluv2raceit - 2015/07/23 12:05:14
    Deathstroke44
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 305
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/05 14:36:58 (permalink)
    thats a shame :( i owned one of the first pre ordered tempests. it was amazing. i got mine to 115 hz stable on my 6970 and it was amazing. then used 2 680 classifieds and got better results, 119hz (only after the sli fix). at 1440p with an ips panel and 120hz (pretty much) the thing was a dream. i had to sell it and 1 of my 680's back then due to financial issues, but was contemplating getting another one. seems as im too late. RIP overlord, come back if you can scribby!
    post edited by Deathstroke44 - 2015/07/05 14:42:36

Affiliate code: MLVU5H1636

Heatware
    https://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=96416
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/05 18:57:22 (permalink)
    Iluv2raceit
    Nereus

He actually didn't own any tech.  He simply took advantage of what other companies (Catsleap, QNIX, etc) had discovered with regards to certain hand picked LG IPS panels that when equipped with a special Korean PCB were able to overclock the pixels up to 120Hz (not always guaranteed - was even a disclaimer put on the Overlord website for the Tempest X270OC model).  The niche about Overlord Computer, is that the company was actually based inside the continental US, meaning that potential customers wouldn't have to deal with shady 3rd party sellers on Amazon or eBay.  All seemed to start off well for Overlord Computer.  Word of mouth helped to slowly spread the word that Overlord Computer offered products that no one else was able to, especially the overclockable Tempest monitor.  Tom's hardware even did a review of it (I posted the link above in an earlier post).  But then early last year (2014), things seemed to start coming apart for Overlord.  Scribby started running into serious issues with his suppliers overseas and never really seemed to recover.  He would get in sporadic shipments of monitors, which of course would sell out quickly because most of the units had already been pre-ordered and customers had been waiting for several months already.  A few customers would not get their pre-ordered monitors because as with every other shipment, there were several defective units that had to be sent back for repair.  In the end, I am really disappointed that Scribby couldn't be honest with his customers and followers (i.e. Facebook).  He never told anyone what happened, nor did he ever apologize for the shortcomings of his company.  He always made excuses, but never once apologized for delays of orders to customers.  Nor did he offer any kind of compensation for their troubles for having to wait for so long.  A friend of mine pre-ordered two Overlord Tempest X270OC monitors, but after 8 months he never received them.  In fact, he never ever got any kind of in-stock updates or reasons explaining why his order was delayed.  He finally called Overlord and cancelled his order because he got tired of waiting.  Ultimately, Scribby was (and still is) more worried about liability than about customer service or customer loyalty.  That is not how you run a small business, and we all hope he will learn from his mistakes.

That really is a shame, because the name was only just starting to get out there as the best money can buy. 8 months wait time is ridiculous though.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

jevers77
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/05 19:22:06 (permalink)
    Guess I lost my money with Overlord Computer. Sent a monitor in that was failing in December right before Christmas. Told me they would be shipping me a replacement in February with his next shipment, he'd send me a tracking number and send it right away. Never received anything and contacted them in May. Told me he shipped the monitor out 2 months ago, he'd have sales open a trace. No response for 2 weeks, so I sent an email again since calling does no good. Got this reply, "I have started a UPS trace as it shows delivered (although that means left somewhere or possible stolen by UPS – which we have had happen before). The monitor was shipped fully insured so no worries there.  UPS may come by or call you to check on if the monitor made it to your house. I will keep you posted on this as it can take a couple of weeks for UPS to finish their investigation." Never got contacted by UPS, so I asked him for a tracking number cause this whole situation was feeling weird to me. I was thinking how is this place still in business with the slow deliveries of orders, obviously poor warranty service, and there's better monitors out there from reputable names for a little more money. I called multiple times again, got nothing, emailed asking for a tracking number so I could contact UPS and look the monitor up, start an investigation myself. 3 weeks have passed, no response, site is down, don't know what to do. Was worried they probably went out of business and now seeing this makes me think I'm out the monitor and my $550 I gave this company. Terrible experience I've had, hopefully I can get the word out to more places about this so if they do pop up people will look for a better option. Luckily I got an Asus PG278Q right after I shipped it off and I'm way happier with it.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/05 19:49:55 (permalink)
    jevers77
    Guess I lost my money with Overlord Computer. Sent a monitor in that was failing in December right before Christmas. Told me they would be shipping me a replacement in February with his next shipment, he'd send me a tracking number and send it right away. Never received anything and contacted them in May. Told me he shipped the monitor out 2 months ago, he'd have sales open a trace. No response for 2 weeks, so I sent an email again since calling does no good. Got this reply, "I have started a UPS trace as it shows delivered (although that means left somewhere or possible stolen by UPS – which we have had happen before). The monitor was shipped fully insured so no worries there.  UPS may come by or call you to check on if the monitor made it to your house. I will keep you posted on this as it can take a couple of weeks for UPS to finish their investigation." Never got contacted by UPS, so I asked him for a tracking number cause this whole situation was feeling weird to me. I was thinking how is this place still in business with the slow deliveries of orders, obviously poor warranty service, and there's better monitors out there from reputable names for a little more money. I called multiple times again, got nothing, emailed asking for a tracking number so I could contact UPS and look the monitor up, start an investigation myself. 3 weeks have passed, no response, site is down, don't know what to do. Was worried they probably went out of business and now seeing this makes me think I'm out the monitor and my $550 I gave this company. Terrible experience I've had, hopefully I can get the word out to more places about this so if they do pop up people will look for a better option. Luckily I got an Asus PG278Q right after I shipped it off and I'm way happier with it.

Ouch, that really sucks.

jevers77
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/05 20:17:54 (permalink)
    Yeah, another thing is I get notification from UPS whenever a shipment is created to my address and I never received a thing. So I'm pretty sure their whole story is a lie.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/06 06:13:46 (permalink)
    jevers77

If you used a credit card for purchase protection see if you are covered by that protection plan.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Iluv2raceit
    SSC Member
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/06 11:37:57 (permalink)
    <DELETED BY ILUV2RACEIT>
    post edited by Iluv2raceit - 2015/07/23 12:06:18
    TotalSlaughter
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/06 18:53:48 (permalink)
    I live in Sacramento area and ordered and picked up 2 tempest OC monitors from these guys. The 1st was the original batch and the second a later batch. They did always have delays but it was upfront that it was a preorder. I was going to order another recently because there was some still available from the shipment that got held up with the dock worker strike thing recently in California but then decided to hold off for the gsync version that was supposedly coming out. Just wanted to say other then the preorder sales method / policy and delays they were good guys. Only issue I had was a power supply go bad close to the 1 year mark (1 year warranty) Scribby gave me a replacement after I drove there after a phone call.

Sucks if they are out of business and the newer revisions are never going to materialize but site being down so long now and no word seems like that's going to be the case. RIP Overlord Computer awesome OC Ips monitors.
    Iluv2raceit
    SSC Member
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/07 10:22:55 (permalink)
    <DELETED BY ILUV2RACEIT>
    post edited by Iluv2raceit - 2015/07/23 12:06:36
    way2faded
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/07 15:15:58 (permalink)
    He tried to do his own thing, make money off it...and imo he screwed up from the start. HyperMatrix was the good guy. He took the time to share all of his drivers, tweaks and experiences and got us access to these Catleap 2b monitors. He was just trying to build a community, a network of 120hz gamers.  

jevers77
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/07 21:39:39 (permalink)
    Iluv2raceit

jevers77, here's the information I was able to Google about David E. Scribner (a.k.a. "Scribby"), the owner of Overlord Computer:

Phone: 916-207-2848

Address: 11347 Folsom Blvd Ste D
    Rancho Cordova, CA 95742-6225

Also, both David Scribner and Overlord Computer are still listed in LinkedIn:

David Scribner:
    Overlord Computer:

Good luck with getting your money back. If you used a credit card, it is usually quite easy to dispute the charges for an item not received.

Thanks for this info, I will try and get in touch with him. I thought about disputing it but I think I'm screwed on that front. I'm still going to try with my bank but I used my debit card, purchased in September of 13. Didn't receive it till January 14 and was sending it in before the warranty expired for the problems with the screen. Had wierd lines whenever it came out of sleep and it was getting worse and worse. But I think even with a normal credit card they only back you for a year. Just angers me, at least he could of sent my messed up monitor back, it still worked just was probably going to fail eventually. I promised it to my son to have for his computer.
    post edited by jevers77 - 2015/07/07 21:53:39
    Iluv2raceit
    SSC Member
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/08 06:43:47 (permalink)
    jevers77
    Iluv2raceit

jevers77, here's the information I was able to Google about David E. Scribner (a.k.a. "Scribby"), the owner of Overlord Computer:

Phone: 916-207-2848

Address: 11347 Folsom Blvd Ste D
    Rancho Cordova, CA 95742-6225

Also, both David Scribner and Overlord Computer are still listed in LinkedIn:

David Scribner:
    Overlord Computer:

Good luck with getting your money back. If you used a credit card, it is usually quite easy to dispute the charges for an item not received.

Thanks for this info, I will try and get in touch with him. I thought about disputing it but I think I'm screwed on that front. I'm still going to try with my bank but I used my debit card, purchased in September of 13. Didn't receive it till January 14 and was sending it in before the warranty expired for the problems with the screen. Had wierd lines whenever it came out of sleep and it was getting worse and worse. But I think even with a normal credit card they only back you for a year. Just angers me, at least he could of sent my messed up monitor back, it still worked just was probably going to fail eventually. I promised it to my son to have for his computer.

If you have computer insurance, you might want to try to make a claim through them for a product lost through "RMA not honored".  I have USAA computer insurance and I know they would cover me for the loss of the monitor through this type of incident as well as any accidental damage or loss/theft.  I had my Overlord Tempest X270OC glossy die on me after the panel was fried while connecting it up to a DVI output on a friend's computer.  Weirdest damn thing I ever saw and had not even heard of it happening, let alone to actually see it happen.  It was caused by the manufacturing defect due to the monitor PCB not being properly grounded inside the monitor housing.  Needless to say, I decided to claim the loss through USAA instead of submitting an RMA through Overlord and got all of my money back for the lost monitor.
    DeathNote123
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/10 20:43:08 (permalink)
    Actually we're Overlord computer's supplier for LVDS cable (one cable that use on PCBs to make LCDs work) .Today i want to check how his business going and i found this page .I thought David is nice guy ,he's always gentle and polite that we can tell from his email .I just can't believe he ended his business in this way .I would rather believe that he meets problem at this time and will go back to this industry soon and give overlord computer buyers and supporters with proper reasons for his behavior .
    rj anderson
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/11 07:52:32 (permalink)
    I have one of their Tempest X270oc displays and love it. Received it about 5 or 6 months ago. Yes it was delayed due to shipping and customs delay that were out of Overlord's hands...at least that's what we were told. This morning I decided to see if they have anything new coming out but couldn't get to their site. Looks like they are indeed out of business but I must say I'm not surprised. I experienced fantastic customer service from Overlord and have a great display that is @ 120Hz, but I think there is just too much competition for a small, boutique company like Overlord to survive when the display market is changing so rapidly such it is right now.

R.I.P. Overlord and thank you for a fantastic display!

My gaming setup with my Overlord Tempest display: https://www.flickr.com/ph...sets/72157649732663532

GAMING
    i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz / Swiftech H220-X H2O CPU Cooler / ASUS Z97 Pro / Corsair Air 540 case / Plextor M.2 256GB PX-G256M6e (boot drive) / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (game drive) / WD Black 1TB (doc drive) / 32GB Crucial Elite DDR3 1866 / x2 EVGA GTX 980 SLI / Corsair RM1000x PSU / ASUS PA248Q 24" 1920x1200 IPS / Overlord Tempest X270oc 27" 2560x1440 IPS 120Hz / Sound Blaster ZXR / Audioengine A5+ speakers / Audioengine S8 Sub / Fidelio X2 Heaphone w V-Moda BoomPro mic / SteelSeries M800 RGB KB w QS1 switches / Func MS-3 Rev2 Mouse / Win 10 64-bit 

STREAMING
    i5-6500 Skylake / Liqtech 120x H2O CPU Cooler/ MSI Z170M Mortar Mobo / Corsair Air 240 Case / Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / SanDisk Ultra II 480GB / 16GB Crucial Elite DDR4 2666 / XFX R9 280X DD / EVGA SuperNova G2 750w / Dell S2415H IPS / Polk Audio Hampden Speakers / Beyerdynamic DT990 Prem 250 ohm Headphone w AntLion ModMic / Razer Blackwidow Chroma RGB KB / Win 7

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/11 18:13:04 (permalink)
    IMHO, it's not competition, it's staffing and bad business sense. Customer Service is only one part of the equation.
    nikolatesla
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 139
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/13 23:42:56 (permalink)
    He could of handled the situation better by being honest to his customer base & not just disappear into the shadows. It does show his true character for his poor choice of an exit. I still have a 1st gen Tempest & I am a bit sad to here how all this has panned out, I was looking forward to the next gen panels. Oh well! **** happens & he will forever be known as a shyster. I checked his linkedIn profile & it says he is a lawyer, that explains it all.
    post edited by nikolatesla - 2015/07/14 00:01:11

R4BE • 3930K @ 4.7GHz +0.010 • XSPC Raystorm H20 block • 16GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz- 9-11-10-27-1N • G2-1600-X1 • 2x XFX 290x • 2x XLR8 Pro 120GB RAID 0 • OCZ Revo3 240GB • XFI • Win8.1/10/Mint 64bit • TM HOTAS Warthog, Slawdevice BF109 Pedals • X270OC 2560x1440 @ 100Hz
    kburger11
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/16 00:52:36 (permalink)
    Hey Guys - this is Karen from Overlord.  There are a lot of crazy ideas running around the web and I am finally allowed to speak on the issue.  First, Overlord has been closed due to Scribby facing a life-threatening illness and has not been at the helm of Overlord for 2 months.  His wife pulled the plug on Overlord and its 9 employees without our notice.  As of now, I will be working with her to close out the final 6, yes only 6, RMAs that were live at the time of closure (that is out of the thousands sold in the last pre-order).

While it sucked how it happened I understand her thinking since Scribby was so concerned with Overlord it was affecting his ability to fight off his disease.  At this time it doesn't look good for him and my prayers are with him and his family.  I will be working with customers that need it once I have been ok'd to do so from Scribby's wife - she is in control of his estate at this time including his other 3 businesses.

It does suck how she shut us down so abruptly and I have been working hard to convince her to "re-open" in a small way so we can close out the very few issues that remain.  All this talk of tons of orders lost, etc. is just bull.  Scribby had the Revenant and one other monitor in production as of May that were shut down due to this tragedy.  For someone so young to be facing a life-threatening illness is truly sad.  I expect I will be allowed to cull through emails next week and plan on providing her with my recommendation on how to handle any outstanding issues.  With those that have monitors under warranty?  I am not sure how that will work to be honest.

Please join me in hoping Scribby can make a miraculous recovery and his family is protected - he truly was a wonderful boss to work for who cared deeply about his customers, the community, and all gamers alike - all this talk I have been reading has been making me sick to my stomach.  Funny how people talk when they don't know a damn thing - which was his wife's fault for letting it happen I know, but she is doing the best she can given the circumstances.
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/07/16 01:39:12
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/16 01:06:40 (permalink)

Thanks so much for posting Karen. Our prayers are with Scribby, and yes, his health is far more important than any business could ever be. Best wishes.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/16 01:40:21 (permalink)
    For those of you who are relatively new to the forums we don't allow swearing/cursing and such posts will be edited or deleted. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

jevers77
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/17 07:05:59 (permalink)
    kburger11
    Hey Guys - this is Karen from Overlord.  There are a lot of crazy ideas running around the web and I am finally allowed to speak on the issue.  First, Overlord has been closed due to Scribby facing a life-threatening illness and has not been at the helm of Overlord for 2 months.  His wife pulled the plug on Overlord and its 9 employees without our notice.  As of now, I will be working with her to close out the final 6, yes only 6, RMAs that were live at the time of closure (that is out of the thousands sold in the last pre-order).

While it sucked how it happened I understand her thinking since Scribby was so concerned with Overlord it was affecting his ability to fight off his disease.  At this time it doesn't look good for him and my prayers are with him and his family.  I will be working with customers that need it once I have been ok'd to do so from Scribby's wife - she is in control of his estate at this time including his other 3 businesses.

It does suck how she shut us down so abruptly and I have been working hard to convince her to "re-open" in a small way so we can close out the very few issues that remain.  All this talk of tons of orders lost, etc. is just bull.  Scribby had the Revenant and one other monitor in production as of May that were shut down due to this tragedy.  For someone so young to be facing a life-threatening illness is truly sad.  I expect I will be allowed to cull through emails next week and plan on providing her with my recommendation on how to handle any outstanding issues.  With those that have monitors under warranty?  I am not sure how that will work to be honest.

Please join me in hoping Scribby can make a miraculous recovery and his family is protected - he truly was a wonderful boss to work for who cared deeply about his customers, the community, and all gamers alike - all this talk I have been reading has been making me sick to my stomach.  Funny how people talk when they don't know a damn thing - which was his wife's fault for letting it happen I know, but she is doing the best she can given the circumstances.

I'm sorry to hear that he is going through a tough time. I believe I had a right to post my story considering I've been without the monitor for 8 months and have not had any contact with anyone for 2. It would have been nice to hear something as being a customer who has an RMA issue and was all of a sudden just left in the cold, that is not a good feeling. My RMA number was 154901 and I was working with Tyler. Hopefully I will hear from you soon and it will get resolved and things will turn out well for David so he can return to what he loves.
    post edited by jevers77 - 2015/08/10 20:28:11
    rangoon
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/18 09:24:13 (permalink)
    The news about Scribby is sad and as with anyone, we can only hope he recovers quickly and completely.

I'm another customer who was in the middle of a months-long email thread with customer support (Tyler). Suddenly he stopped repying to my emails, as of several weeks ago. After my first display arrived with horrible backlight bleed, they replaced the panel. It too arrived with serious and unacceptable levels of backlight bleed in the form of hot spots and large vertical bands. Anything less than medium-bright images and all I see are these spots and bands. He promised a refund or a replacement. I was awaiting a replacement, but have heard nothing. The display is not useable, but I opted to wait for a replacement rather than a refund.

Karen, thanks for the update, and now that I've seen the post I will await an email from you once you've gone through the various support communications and find mine. The email thread began 2/12/15, order from 10/10/14 (arrived 2/12) - Order #S1102346. The email exchange includes 35 emails between Tyler and myself, complete with photos and assurances from Tyler.
    rj anderson
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/19 11:04:38 (permalink)
    kburger11

Thanks for posting Karen. Sorry to hear about Scribby and the company. Also sorry for jumping to the conclusion that Overlord may have gone out of business due to competition. When you assume......

GAMING
    i7-4790k @ 4.8Ghz / Swiftech H220-X H2O CPU Cooler / ASUS Z97 Pro / Corsair Air 540 case / Plextor M.2 256GB PX-G256M6e (boot drive) / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (game drive) / WD Black 1TB (doc drive) / 32GB Crucial Elite DDR3 1866 / x2 EVGA GTX 980 SLI / Corsair RM1000x PSU / ASUS PA248Q 24" 1920x1200 IPS / Overlord Tempest X270oc 27" 2560x1440 IPS 120Hz / Sound Blaster ZXR / Audioengine A5+ speakers / Audioengine S8 Sub / Fidelio X2 Heaphone w V-Moda BoomPro mic / SteelSeries M800 RGB KB w QS1 switches / Func MS-3 Rev2 Mouse / Win 10 64-bit 

STREAMING
    i5-6500 Skylake / Liqtech 120x H2O CPU Cooler/ MSI Z170M Mortar Mobo / Corsair Air 240 Case / Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / SanDisk Ultra II 480GB / 16GB Crucial Elite DDR4 2666 / XFX R9 280X DD / EVGA SuperNova G2 750w / Dell S2415H IPS / Polk Audio Hampden Speakers / Beyerdynamic DT990 Prem 250 ohm Headphone w AntLion ModMic / Razer Blackwidow Chroma RGB KB / Win 7

terrorist96
    • Total Posts : 14
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/20 02:29:33 (permalink)
    This is sad to hear; hopefully he can beat whatever disease he has.
    I was one of his first customers, back when they still had the Pixel Perfect warranty. I ended up getting one dead pixel and Scribby replaced the panel for me. Haven't had an issue since. So these monitors are like collectables now, it seems.
    Might look into selling it.. It's an OC version of the original model with the fat bezels and ****ty stand.

Karen, please update us if any news develops. Thank you.
    jevers77
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/20 13:52:48 (permalink)
    rangoon
    The news about Scribby is sad and as with anyone, we can only hope he recovers quickly and completely.

I'm another customer who was in the middle of a months-long email thread with customer support (Tyler). Suddenly he stopped repying to my emails, as of several weeks ago. After my first display arrived with horrible backlight bleed, they replaced the panel. It too arrived with serious and unacceptable levels of backlight bleed in the form of hot spots and large vertical bands. Anything less than medium-bright images and all I see are these spots and bands. He promised a refund or a replacement. I was awaiting a replacement, but have heard nothing. The display is not useable, but I opted to wait for a replacement rather than a refund.

Karen, thanks for the update, and now that I've seen the post I will await an email from you once you've gone through the various support communications and find mine. The email thread began 2/12/15, order from 10/10/14 (arrived 2/12) - Order #S1102346. The email exchange includes 35 emails between Tyler and myself, complete with photos and assurances from Tyler.

Would you mind letting me know if they contact you? I will also let you know if they contact me if I get contacted first.
    Iluv2raceit
    SSC Member
    Re: Overlord Computers -- Gone out of business?? 2015/07/23 11:58:54 (permalink)
    Karen, we all are sad to hear about Scribby.  I started this thread and also am guilty of making presumptions based upon direct observations and not really having any knowledge of the truth.  I definitely agree that this whole situation could have been handled so much better.  The best place to have posted this information would have been on Facebook as well as the website.  Too bad his wife was not able to take over the business or assign power of attorney to someone who could represent him to close out the business properly while he underwent medical treatment.  I do apologize for my pre-judgement of Scribby and will be sure to include him and his family in my prayers.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile