EVGA

Warranty question regarding product bought as new from reseller.

Author
Jongeh
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/04 10:38:37 (permalink)
Hello,

I bought a GTX 970 SSC a month back from a seller on ebay.  The card itself was completely new, shrink wrapped etc etc.  The seller mentioned on the listing page that the card came with a 3 year warranty but after seeing that people need to upload their invoices to their accounts in order to apply for this warranty, I am slightly confused about this.

I registered the card, that came from Dubai, without any issues but what I want to ask is do I actually have a warranty on this card if it decides to pack in or am I left with a false promise from the seller?  Obvious reasons about me being concerned is the fact that this card was a lot of money.

Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Warranty question regarding product bought as new from reseller. 2015/07/04 10:48:54 (permalink)
    What is your part number?

Your warranty for 3 years is not based on the invoice.  You can use the Guest RMA service.  Use your serial number >HERE< to verify the length of your warranty.  It will tell you in days how long you have left.  If the seller was a legitimate reseller, just register your card >HERE< and after registering it will ask you to upload a receipt at the end.. Just upload your ebay receipt there.
    Jongeh
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Warranty question regarding product bought as new from reseller. 2015/07/04 11:09:39 (permalink)
    Hello Scarlet-Tech.  Thanks for the response.

I typed the serial code into the link you provided above and it said I had 986 days on the warranty.

The part number is; P/N:04G-P4-3975-KR 

Regarding whether or not the reseller was legitimate or not, I do not think he was 'registered' as such, just selling them on eBay.

So I can gather then that due to him not being an official reseller, just an ebay seller, I only qualify for the Guest RMA?  I could upload my ebay invoice regardless, but given what I have said above, is this likely to do anything?  In a nutshell, what does it mean that I have only the Guest RMA instead of the 'EVGA RMA'?

Many thanks
    post edited by Jongeh - 2015/07/04 11:11:11
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Warranty question regarding product bought as new from reseller. 2015/07/04 21:06:21 (permalink)
    yes guest RMA,no step up ,no buying extended warranties ,cross shipping .(this is if the seller in not a "authorized"seller)

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile