EVGA

Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error

Author
Tiagonery9
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/06/30 06:29:07 (permalink)

Good day. the text was written in Portuguese, I used the google translator then you may find some mistakes.
Pc off to start games, it seems because of the video card, things I've ever done to solve

1 - I installed windows 7 on another partition, and yet the error remained
2 - I removed and reinstalled the video driver, tested three versions: 332.21 / 353.06 / 353.30
3 - Drivers updated, ever used slim drive
4 - cleaned pc, spent rubber contacts on a card
5 - Have I put the card into another slot to test
6 - I monitored the temperatures of the GPU, 70 ° C or 158 F
7 - already increased and reduced mem clock and GPU clock

Ps: I have no other PC or other video card to test

Is there anything else I can try?

my pc

Source - antec 650 green
I have the pc to 3 years

Blue screen - data

7 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/06/30 12:48:42 (permalink)
    BSOD 0x116 & 0x117 causes:

#1 Bad video driver or corrupt video driver.
    #2 Defective video card.
    #3 Insufficient power to GPU, defective PSU.

Solutions to the above problems:

#1 Preform a clean installation of the latest video drivers...
    1. Uninstall Precision X/Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.
    2. Download & save graphics driver 353.38 to your desktop. Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete. 
    3. Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except the physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
     Option 2: Test all older video drivers to see if they produce the same BSOD.

#2 Reduce video card clock speeds using msi afterburner to see if it helps get rid of BSOD. I recommend reducing the clocks by 105 on both the core & memory. Leave afterburner open while testing.
    Option 2: Test the video card in another computer to see if you can replicate the BSOD.
    Option 3: Use a known working video card in your system to see if you can replicate the BSOD.
    Option 4: Take the defective video card to a local computer repair shop to have it tested if you don't have another machine to test with.
    Option 5: RMA the card.

#3 Check and make sure the PSU PCI-E power cables are tightly secure to the GPU & PSU.
    Option 2: Check and make sure the PSU is putting out the correct voltage to the GPU while under load. PSU Testinghttp://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t137886.html (You will need a Digital Multimeter for testing your PSU. You want all three rails to be within ATX spec, ATX Specification: 12V: 11.40 to 12.60,  5V: 4.75 to 5.25,  3V: 3.135 to 3.465. If any of your rails hit the minimum spec I would replace the PSU with a new one.)   
    HOW TO: Properly load your system when checking PSU voltages.    
    #1 Download & Install Prime95   
    #2 Download & Install Unigine Heaven 4.0.   
    #3 Open both Prime95 & Heaven 4.0 (Run Small FFT test for Prime95. Run Heaven 4.0 @ 1280x1024 windowed mode. Run both of these tests at the same time while checking voltages.)
    Option 3: RMA the PSU.

Other things to try:

#1 Run GPU fans at maximum speed while playing your games.
    1. Download and install MSI Afterburner.
    2. Launch afterburner and set the fan speed (%) slider all the way to max.
    3. Click apply to bring changes you've made into effect. Fan should get louder at this point.
    4. Test games. Leave afterburner open while testing.

#2 Modify TDR timeout period via windows registry.
    • Exit all Windows based programs.
    • Press Windows Key+R, type regedit in the Search box, and hit enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Browse to and then click the following registry subkey: 
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\GraphicsDrivers
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers 
    On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit): 

For 32 bit Windows:

1. Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
    2. Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
    3. Double-click TdrDelay and input "A" without the quotes for the Value data and click OK.
    4. Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect

For 64 bit Windows:
    1. Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
    2. Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
    3. Double-click TdrDelay and input "A" without the quotes for the Value data and click OK.
    4. Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect
    post edited by Sajin - 2015/06/30 12:51:35
    Tiagonery9
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/07/01 13:37:25 (permalink)
    Changing the driver has not worked.
    Reducing the core and memory clock at msi afterburner also had no effect.
    During the tests with Heaven Benchmark 4.0 and Prime95, the temperature of the video card remained at 68 ° C 154ºF or more pc disconnected after 90 minutes of the test; The test was done without changing the speed of the fan, and stood at around 37% speed.
    Tdr had no effect.
    cdc-951
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 520
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/07/02 23:30:53 (permalink)
    hmm... sounds like video card is finally dying out because if it was a power supply issue then the pc would instantly shut off without a blue screen. You can call EVGA 24/7 and see if the card is still is warranty. Also their support is fantastic so you will not be on the phone too long
    Tiagonery9
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/07/03 03:53:37 (permalink)
    ensuring just to a 3 months more just to send the value of Brazil to America cost 50% of the current value of that card.
    cdc-951
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/07/03 09:17:05 (permalink)
    Tiagonery9
    ensuring just to a 3 months more just to send the value of Brazil to America cost 50% of the current value of that card.

what do you mean by that?
    Tiagonery9
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/07/04 04:16:43 (permalink)
    The guarantee over the three months, and if in ensuring the shipping cost from Brazil to the US would be very expensive, some more and give to buy a new video card
    cdc-951
    SSC Member
    Re: Gtx 550ti - Pc off - dxgkrnl.sys error 2015/07/04 12:11:33 (permalink)
    Tiagonery9
    The guarantee over the three months, and if in ensuring the shipping cost from Brazil to the US would be very expensive, some more and give to buy a new video card

Ask Evga to see if there is anything they can do for you in this situation to RMA you and see if they can help you out with the shipping part
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile