EVGA

EVGA replaced old card with new & not sure it's compatible with MoBo Need help ASAP!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2032
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA replaced old card with new & not sure it's compatible with MoBo Need help ASAP! 2015/07/02 09:44:54 (permalink)
Dear columbia93,

Thank you for your emails and while I am sorry to hear that your power supply seems to have failed, I am glad to hear that the card works in your system without any UEFI compatibility issues.  Please let us know if you should need more help with your EVGA product. Support@evga.com

columbia93
I had an 8800 GTS card that I recently sent to EVGA for replacement. You sent me 02G-P4-3755-KR. I have a Gigabyte MoBo GA-P35-DS3L. It has PCIe 16 and the card says PCI3 3.0 x 16. I've read that 2.0 is backward compatible but I don't know about this. Can you please tell me if this card is compatible and if it isn't what evga will do?

joeymir
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 732
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA replaced old card with new & not sure it's compatible with MoBo Need help ASAP! 2015/07/03 12:07:55 (permalink)
" I proceeded tentatively and installed the card, along with the operating system, with updates"
So the card & system were running fine at a point. Never have i heard of a GPU just destroying a system. It's laughable. Scarlet is right on track, and while you may have not noticed a surge, one still could have happened, in which case as scarlet pointed out, sometimes it's necessary to completely unplug the power cable from both the PC & it's power source, then making sure to reset your UPS or Surge Protector(also unplugging it from the wall, then back in helps) then re-plugging in everything and fire it all up. I see power surges all the time at our Dealership, and this issues happens more often than not.  Also, someone else in the thread pointed out, a surge protector is really only meant to take on so many surges, just for future reference of course.  Anyway everyone here has only tried to help, and this is a wonderful community, but when users come here and start accusing EVGA of destroying your PC which clearly cannot, and DID NOT happen, people get a little upset. Now also to note, with your mention of failing hardware like your HDD, the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L was released sometime in mid 2007, meaning your motherboard is more then likely well over 7 years old. Computers don't last forever man. Taking a step back, we only want to help, and hopefully by now you're all squared away.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | Ryzen 9 5900X | 32GB Crucial Ballisitx DDR4 3600MHz | MSI Radeon 6900 XT | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | 2x Crucial MX500 1TB Raid-0 | 2x WD Velociraptors 500GB Raid-0 | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850W | Lian-Li PC-O11

columbia93
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA replaced old card with new & not sure it's compatible with MoBo Need help ASAP! 2016/12/03 12:14:04 (permalink)
Just to close this up. Thank you to the one person who actually understood my situation and didn't choose to make assumptions that WERE NOT PART OF A STORY THAT YOU CHOSE TO FABRICATE OVER WHAT I WAS SAYING. Those of you who were so rude and nasty and accusing me of a lightening strike - well, you are incompetent and should never offer advice of any kind to anyone. I NEVER said I was struck by lightening. I never said there was a surge and I never said there was a problem with a surge protector. EVER. But you wouldn't read because it didn't go with your story. I had a question about the video card because it isn't 100% compatible and EVGA told me that. As it turned out, there was a weirdness that did not happen when I tested each thing separately and only duplicated when I paired things in my testing. As a smart person, I did everything any one of you would have done - except jump to conclusions with no basis of fact or provided information. I ended up replacing the PSU - nothing wrong with the UPS like so many wanted to run with - and I've just had to throw out the audio card. The graphics card isn't perfect and I do have issues sometimes, which is in line with what I said. I was looking for verification that those irregularities wouldn't destroy other parts of my PC. Buying a new PC isn't something I can just do so keeping it running as long as I can is what I must do. So, to those of you that just completely showed yourselves to be awful and not able to discern the issues, a big ol' raspberry to you. To those that didn't get it but weren't completely awful, thanks for trying but you just didn't really understand. To those that DID understand, Merry Christmas. BTW, not a "man". Women build PCs too.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: EVGA replaced old card with new & not sure it's compatible with MoBo Need help ASAP! 2016/12/04 01:30:35 (permalink)
Yea, girls build PC as well.
I saw few on youtube.
It's nice to see when some girls build PC and know to recognize hardware parts...
See... she bought EVGA GTX1080 FTW and build PC... She even kiss EVGA GPU... 

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102251
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA replaced old card with new & not sure it's compatible with MoBo Need help ASAP! 2016/12/04 12:12:37 (permalink)
columbia93
Just to close this up. Thank you to the one person who actually understood my situation and didn't choose to make assumptions that WERE NOT PART OF A STORY THAT YOU CHOSE TO FABRICATE OVER WHAT I WAS SAYING. Those of you who were so rude and nasty and accusing me of a lightening strike - well, you are incompetent and should never offer advice of any kind to anyone. I NEVER said I was struck by lightening. I never said there was a surge and I never said there was a problem with a surge protector. EVER. But you wouldn't read because it didn't go with your story. I had a question about the video card because it isn't 100% compatible and EVGA told me that. As it turned out, there was a weirdness that did not happen when I tested each thing separately and only duplicated when I paired things in my testing. As a smart person, I did everything any one of you would have done - except jump to conclusions with no basis of fact or provided information. I ended up replacing the PSU - nothing wrong with the UPS like so many wanted to run with - and I've just had to throw out the audio card. The graphics card isn't perfect and I do have issues sometimes, which is in line with what I said. I was looking for verification that those irregularities wouldn't destroy other parts of my PC. Buying a new PC isn't something I can just do so keeping it running as long as I can is what I must do. So, to those of you that just completely showed yourselves to be awful and not able to discern the issues, a big ol' raspberry to you. To those that didn't get it but weren't completely awful, thanks for trying but you just didn't really understand. To those that DID understand, Merry Christmas. BTW, not a "man". Women build PCs too.

Despite the passage of time thanks for responding back to this thread.

I'm sorry for how you feel you were treated, but if you ever feel that way on the forum contact a forum moderator and we'll investigate. Happy Holidays.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile