Overclocking warranty

Author
Metros
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/02 07:39:40 (permalink)
Hello

I keep getting told that overclocking voids your warranty but I recently looked at a post made by EVGA saying that they do support it and that it will not break the warranty of it. The post was made a few months ago, can someone from EVGA comment on this, also does overvolting void the warranty of the GPU

Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Overclocking warranty 2015/07/02 17:00:59 (permalink)
    As long as there is no physical damage and the card is back in its original factory condition, you can overclock your card to your hearts content. 

Metros
    • Total Posts : 49
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Overclocking warranty 2015/07/02 18:03:26 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JamesL
    As long as there is no physical damage and the card is back in its original factory condition, you can overclock your card to your hearts content. 

What do you mean by physical damage. If you overclock how can their be physical damage or do you mean capacitors popping from using the 87mv option in the PrecisionX

Also factory condition, you talking about if you do BIOS flashing, so if you only use software like PrecisionX then it will still be factory condition.

If I wanted to overclock a Classified version on air, using PrecisionX and overvolting it by 87mv, it will not break the warranty.

Sorry about the questions, I want to make sure it does not break the warranty before I do it.

Thanks
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Overclocking warranty 2015/07/02 21:29:03 (permalink)
    Hello Metros, 

Physical damage would be something like dropping the card, breaking the shroud, ect.  This type of damage is not covered under warranty. 

You are welcome to overclock the card using our Precision X software, this would not void your warranty in any way.  If you do have any further questions, you can always contact our 24 hour Technical Support team via phone: 888.881.3842
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile