EVGA

Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
inoa3612
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/06/24 16:01:59 (permalink)
Get an email back stating water damage on the card with a broken PCB. Have tried contacting Jayson Cain, left several messages, and call about 12 times a day for the past 3 days, with no answer. They want me to pay 300 dollars for a card that should be covered by warranty, when I shipped my card, i took pictures that I will gladly show Jayson, showing ZERO water damage anywhere on my card, in fact the PCB they show in the pictures on my RMA isn't even ruptured before shipping.

This seems to be a bull excuse to not replace a card under warranty, especially with the blatant refusal to return a call to answer questions.

This is this worst experience I have EVER had dealing with a companies warranty, and will NEVER buy or recommend an EVGA product to anyone ever again.

The card is 2 months old, and they are just refusing to honor their warranty in place.
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/06/25 13:01:32

44 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/24 16:48:39 (permalink)
    Hello inoa3612,  

I do apologize for any confusion, I did receive 1 voice mail from you yesterday and unfortunately have not been immediately available to return your call quite yet. Again, I do apologize.

I can confirm that we did receive your graphics card with a brown colored dried liquid on the PCB, green corrosion around a couple components and a burn spot on the golden PCI-E contacts.  While we understand that the graphics card was sent in for warranty service, we do require that all products arrive undamaged and in this case your graphics card did not arrive in factory condition.  We did provide you photos of what we received and if this happens to be not the condition you shipped your product, we can recommend filing a claim with your shipper courier if you feel the unit was mishandled after shipping to EVGA and prior to us receiving it. Unfortunately the current condition of the product is not something our warranty normally covers if you would like to further discuss and are available, I can work with you through email or through phone if your prefer.

Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/24 16:52:54 (permalink)
    It wasn't shipped to you damaged, nor damaged during shipping, it was shipped packed tightly, and in a static bag. It's just an excuse to not fulfill your side of a warranty, and treat your customers like garbage like most companies do now a days.
    inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/24 20:00:09 (permalink)
    For anyone interested:

Here is the pictures I took on June 11th, 2015, the night before shipping the card.

//imgur.com/a/KrvVL

Here are the two pictures , that concern me along with the ones they sent me back.

As you can see, there was no water or liquid damage anywhere on the card when I sent it in, it was packed into a box immediately after pictures were taken, and sent by UPS the next morning.

These have also been emailed to Jayson.

post edited by inoa3612 - 2015/06/24 20:03:46
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 09:53:47 (permalink)
    I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the damage was from a over worked employee stacking RMA cards. I doubt they make sure any hydro cards that come in don't have any water left in them that could leak out.

It's the customers fault no matter what, doesn't matter if they have pictures showing it wasn't like that before being shipped.

Did you add extra insurance on the package. I would think about filing a claim if evga going blame it on you.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 09:56:56 (permalink)
    THis is a very frustrating thing to experience.  Do you have more pictures sent from EVGA, to show more of what they are referring to?

I completely agree with MS about insurance on the package as well.
    inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 10:07:04 (permalink)
    I didn't get insurance on the package, it was a dead card, it was giving me issues when i first got it from amazon, but i thought the fans were just not running enough, so i downloaded precision from evga, bumped the fans up and it stopped crashing til one day it just stopped displaying completely. There were no signs of damage on the card when i sent it, and i've never had an issue with a warranty before, i use Razer products, and i don't even think they look at the stuff you send in for RMA before sending you a new product, and no other video card company i've ever dealt with has tried to pull this before. If I am losing 400 dollars for not purchasing shipping insurance because EVGA can't honor a warranty, then I guess this all falls on me.

The rest of the pictures sent to me, were my undamaged box sitting on there shipping counter, and a picture of the front of my card
    post edited by inoa3612 - 2015/06/25 10:08:24
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 11:32:55 (permalink)
    "EVGA recommends including adequate insurance to your package with tracking and accepts packages from any courier of your choice."

I understand your thought process of "The Card was Dead." But you have to imagine, $500 of insurance costs a grand total of about $7 to cover your package. Why someone wouldn't insure the package when the RMA details clearly state at the beginning to Insure the Package, I am not sure.  I just sent a 780 Classified back, and with $500 insurance and ground shipping, it was $32.  None of this has to do with your situation, if they sent pictures of the undamaged box though.

I would request more pictures of the full PCB if I only received pictures of the very edge, as humans do make mistakes and I would just want to see everything myself as I am extremely picky with everything. 
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 11:43:02 (permalink)
    Hello inoa3612,

Thank you I did receive the photographs and did have an opportunity to review them a moment ago.  I do apologize for any confusion however based on the photographs you emailed, I can confirm that the product in your photographs with the purple background is not the same product that we received from you for this RMA service. As I mentioned previously, while we understand that you did send in your product for warranty, we must receive the unit undamaged and in factory condition.

I have annotated the images you provided with the purple background along with the images we took from the physical product we received from you to help further explain:
    • The PCB on the product we received does have a different physical printed number on the card itself than the one in your photographs.
    • The serial number on the product we received does have a different physical location than the one in your photographs and is shown in the full backside image sent to you.
    • The memory chip located above the PCI-E Interface does have a different print on the one received from you than the one in your photographs.
    • Although there are several components, I have annotated a couple where you can see the difference between the one we received than the one in your photographs.
    We do understand that you are unhappy with this decision but please understand we are unable to accept a product in for warranty with physical damage. www.evga.com/warranty

Please let me know if you would like to further discuss your RMA and I can continue to work with you.  

Regards,

Attached Image(s)

inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 11:49:54 (permalink)
    Not the same card? If i had a second 400 dollar card lying around my house, I wouldn't even bother sending one in, or have a ****ing Geforce 550ti in my computer. I will be contacting someone about legal routes that I can take, and be filing a complaint with the BBB, since it is obvious, saving some money is more important that honoring anything. Have a good one.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 11:51:40 (permalink)
    The above post is why I always mention full PCB pictures. I noticed the difference in numbers on parts.

May I ask what kind of cooling you were using iona3612, and if you are running SLI by any chance? 

Minor details like the ones Jayson provided can make or break an RMA complaint here on the forums. Speaking with them in private and discussing this as well as verifying your full pictures (with your Serial number) as well as their pictures (with the full serial number) is in your best interest.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/06/25 11:53:03
    inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 11:52:41 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    The above post is why I always mention full PCB pictures. I noticed the difference in numbers on parts.

May I ask what kind of cooling you were using iona3612, and if you are running SLI by any chance? 

Minor details like the ones Jayson provided can make or break an RMA complaint here on the forums. Many times users will report their end of the story and EVGA will provide clarity. 

I have no liquid cooling in my pc, it's all physical fans.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 11:58:01 (permalink)
    inoa3612

ok.  You should talk to them directly, as posting in the forums isn't going to lead anywhere.  I just edited my last post as well.

You need to verify your pictures, which have the serial cut off, against EVGA's pictures, which also have the serial cut off.

Threatening them isn't going to get you anywhere honestly.  There have been users that damaged their components and tried to threaten EVGA and it did no good for them.  I am not saying that is the case for you, but it could be human error and I would take this through the proper channels, where as this forums is obviously not the proper channel at this point.

Again, you need to provide EVGA with FULL pictures of your PCB including your serial number. I have never seen EVGA make claims that the PCB was damaged and try to skate by a different PCB to save money, as that wouldn't benefit them and they would in the end lose a ton of business due to bad customer service.  I highly suggest providing them with 100% full pictures and include showing the serial number of the item you sent in. 
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/06/25 12:01:10
    inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 12:01:30 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    inoa3612

ok.  You should talk to them directly, as posting in the forums isn't going to lead anywhere.  I just edited my last post as well.

You need to verify your pictures, which have the serial cut off, against EVGA's pictures, which also have the serial cut off.

Threatening them isn't going to get you anywhere honestly.  There have been users that damaged their components and tried to threaten EVGA and it did no good for them.  I am not saying that is the case for you, but it could be human error and I would take this through the proper channels, where as this forums is obviously not the proper channel at this point.

Again, you need to provide EVGA with FULL pictures of your PCB including your serial number. I have never seen EVGA make claims that the PCB was damaged and try to skate by a different PCB to save money, as that wouldn't benefit them and they would in the end lose a ton of business due to bad customer service.  I highly suggest providing them with 100% full pictures and include showing the serial number of the item you sent in. 

You're right, I will refrain from posting on the froum until Jayson has had a chance to sort the issue out. Thanks for the help Scarlet
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 12:09:08 (permalink)
    inoa3612
    You're right, I will refrain from posting on the froum until Jayson has had a chance to sort the issue out. Thanks for the help Scarlet

Absolutely bud.  I will also say, in reference to this part of your post, "If I had a second 400 dollar card lying around my house, I wouldn't even bother sending one in..." Yes, you would.. we all would.  We all want our systems to operate at 100%, and if we spend $400 on two cards, we want each to run properly.  

There have been users in Extremely high humidity areas that had a lot of corrosion and damage to their coolers and PCB's.  It isn't always the end user that causes an issue, but it is all considered the same thing to protect the company as well as the end user at the same time.

Although this is a frustrating and anger inducing time, letting anger get the best of you won't help.  Your posts may get edited to remove the foul language, just so you are aware, as it is part of the forums rules that are agreed to upon signing up for and entering the forums.  Hopefully you all can work through this and find some even ground and maybe it will work out in everyone's favor.  Just remember to remain calm during trying times. :-)
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/06/25 12:10:12
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 12:25:40 (permalink)
    Well, the corrosion in the pictures that jayson showed can only happen when electric is running through the pcb, so at the least, the card was plugged in and something liquid got on it while it was running....no doubt there. Judging by the location it was probably either a water leak from above it like a cpu socket hsf/aio of some sort of a drink was spilled through maybe the top of a case vent and dripped down, unless it came from the back I/o plate and pooled on the port somehow perhaps.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102225
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 13:02:54 (permalink)
    Everyone, a friendly reminder that swearing/cursing is not allowed on the EVGA forums. Such posts will be edited or deleted.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/06/25 13:05:42 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Everyone, a friendly reminder that swearing/cursing is not allowed on the EVGA forums. Such posts will be edited or deleted.

sorry
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/07/01 11:44:47 (permalink)
    So what happened here? What was the end result...... just outta curiosity. :)

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    inoa3612
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/07/01 14:35:47 (permalink)
    Jayson basically told me to (Deleted for Foul Language) myself on the phone, and spend another 400 dollars :)
    post edited by XrayMan - 2015/07/01 20:08:53
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/07/01 18:00:58 (permalink)
    inoa3612
    Jayson basically told me to (Deleted for "Quoting" Foul Language) myself on the phone, and spend another 400 dollars :)

I wouldn't be laughing. For some reason you think it's funny? Why is that? I'm thinking it's because you got caught red handed.
    post edited by XrayMan - 2015/07/01 20:10:15
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/07/01 20:12:21 (permalink)

As RJ said before, there is to be no swearing. This is the second time now. This is the last time we will be telling you to stop. Thank you.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    BioHazardSperm
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 9988
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/07/01 20:20:30 (permalink)
    owned by his own pictures,priceless.

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
    I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
    My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2015/07/01 20:55:21 (permalink)
    BioHazardSperm
    owned by his own pictures,priceless.

I am not sure what people think when they post pictures..  I noticed the pictures were different because of the markings, but I thought maybe it could have been a mistake.  Hmmm.. Not sure what to think.  Is it that people think publicly berating customer service and trying to get the forum on their side will change EVGA's decision?
    wingsjerry
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/06/08 02:21:29 (permalink)
    It's similar story happened to me today. I got the email from EVGA and said that the corner of motherboard was damaged. However, the motherboard was perfectly like new and I packed really nice by bubble bag inside the hard box with enough protection. The picture they sent to me after more than 6 days they received my motherboard, and the bent of corner is not seem to be damage by mailing but look like damage bent by hand directly. They gave me the option to pay another USD50 for the recertificate one. 
    sparkespressy
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/06/08 04:56:17 (permalink)
    wingsjerry
    It's similar story happened to me today. I got the email from EVGA and said that the corner of motherboard was damaged. However, the motherboard was perfectly like new and I packed really nice by bubble bag inside the hard box with enough protection. The picture they sent to me after more than 6 days they received my motherboard, and the bent of corner is not seem to be damage by mailing but look like damage bent by hand directly. They gave me the option to pay another USD50 for the recertificate one. 

Frustrating but always make sure you get shipping insurance because even though things are packed with enough protection these things definitely do happen. 
    jnohnu12
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/06/14 10:39:56 (permalink)
    I had many almost identical incidents from evga though work.
    I sent a stuff in for RMA and was told it was damaged, I took photos before hand , but evga clamed it was not from the parts I sent in or shipping damage. Taking photos before hand will only help if you take them to court as evga or any company can blame shipping or state that what you sent is not what the photos are from.

Oddly more often then not when a company pulls this kind of move they wait awhile before telling you anything witch only angers the customer more.
    post edited by jnohnu12 - 2016/06/14 10:41:09

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/06/14 11:00:33 (permalink)
    I'm going to believe eVGA over someone I don't even know on the net.

If they say the card/board was water damaged. It was.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

jnohnu12
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/06/14 12:53:50 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    I'm going to believe eVGA over someone I don't even know on the net.

If they say the card/board was water damaged. It was.

And it's opinions like your that helps companies screw over their customers.

It would it surprise me if evga made a mistake at lest once with a case like this, evga serial stickers fall off way to easily. I even gotten new evga cards with the serial sticker missing or lose in the box. Some worker could accidentally miss handle a card and he sticker fell off, then it got put back on the wrong card.

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    Re: Sent in a broken Geforce 970, zero water damage when sent, EVGA will not replace 2016/06/14 13:39:49 (permalink)
    wingsjerry
    Hello wingsjerry,

Hello wingsjerry,

I'm very sorry for any confusion and delay, we do try to work with all our customers within warranty however at times the condition the product arrives in does require time for a more extensive review to determine if it can be covered or if a repair option can be offered in efforts of supporting you with a physical replacement.

jnohnu12
    I had many almost identical incidents from evga though work.
    I sent a stuff in for RMA and was told it was damaged, I took photos before hand , but evga clamed it was not from the parts I sent in or shipping damage. Taking photos before hand will only help if you take them to court as evga or any company can blame shipping or state that what you sent is not what the photos are from.

Oddly more often then not when a company pulls this kind of move they wait awhile before telling you anything witch only angers the customer more.

Hello jnohnu12,

I do apologize for any confusion however I am not showing that you have placed a request for warranty service (RMA) with EVGA under this account.  If you can possibly PM a RMA number from another account you may have used I can review the damage information under that RMA.

Regards,

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile