EVGA

Advance RMA concern

Author
whatsoup
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/01 12:29:30 (permalink)
Hi there, I've been speaking to technical support over the phone for the past couple of days regarding an artifacting 980 Ti I bought within the last couple of weeks (everyone's been great so far). I've set up an advance RMA, received confirmation and EVGA are awaiting collateral for the card. I'm now starting to panic about "what ifs" and losing my collateral for whatever reason, so contemplating cancelling the process and dropping down to a normal RMA, but, you know what it's like, I'm dying to get my card ASAP but can't help think of the worst.. like my card somehow not turning on when it gets to the service centre or it being damaged with the courier and having to fork out twice for something I consider A LOT of money in the first place.

I guess I'm making this post for someone to make me feel better about advancing it, at the risk of losing my money, but what really is the worst that could happen? The card is pristine, still 'works' and it will be insured and couriered by EVGA, right? Do you think we'll be talking a big difference in time between normal RMA and advance if I pay for this tonight (Wednesday) or would you suggest just doing a normal RMA just so I'm not a nervous wreck about it all. Go on, give me a push in the right direction! :P

Nice to be part of the forums and EVGA community, so far they seem like a really good company, cheers :D

4 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Advance RMA concern 2015/07/01 12:40:27 (permalink)
    Me= I have backup card to use, I'd use normal RMA

Me = It's a long holiday weekend coming up , doubt yours will get thru processing that entire time = paying advanced will do nothing during this entire time

ME = Take pictures of the card and packaging & pay the few extra dollars for insurance ...

but that's me ......

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    whatsoup
    Re: Advance RMA concern 2015/07/01 14:22:16 (permalink)
    Darn you Steve for being right ;P I just needed someone to confirm what I was thinking and I appreciate your feedback. I thought about the holiday season, too, even though I'm in Europe.. I will follow your advice and take the sensible option. This 5770 do me fine for an extra week and I'll cancel my RMA now and start a new one. Thanks again and see you on the battlefield :)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Advance RMA concern 2015/07/01 14:49:10 (permalink)
    Dear whatsoup,

Welcome to the forums!  I recommend first trying to exchange this card locally since you just purchased it recently and this can cut down on transit times.  If for any reason you are unable to do this then please let me know and I will work with you to help with the return of the product to our German office. chrisb@evga.com

whatsoup
    Re: Advance RMA concern 2015/07/02 09:00:16 (permalink)
    Hey thanks Chris! When I spoke to tech support and they saw my fault description they suggested I do the same, which I didn't think was an option, so I appreciate that! It doesn't look like the shop has backplate versions even on their system any more but I think I'll go with a non-backplate version for convience. Thanks again and sincerely keep up the good work :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile