EVGA

Is it possible to request an alternate type of replacement or partial refund?

Author
z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 23
2015/05/21 23:21:27 (permalink)
I know that the warranty is only required to replace a defective card, but was wondering if it's possible to request alternatives. I'm guessing it might be one of those "we'd have to do it for everyone" things. but the card I've sent in for RMA is my old GTX 780 ti kingpin (the OC edition) and this is the second time I've RMAed it (first time it would artifact every so often at the factory OC, second time it just died ( I bought 2 GTX 980s as replacements as I didn't want to deal with this card anymore, and don't really like the whole RMA process in general as well as I wanted to upgrade a bit anyway, just now getting around to the RMA part).
And I have to say I'm pretty disappointed given that this was an ultra-premium card, only to have it fail to live up to the required standard twice in a row. As I'm likely getting one back (that I can't use though I might be able to sell, I know I wouldn't want to use it anyway even if I could make use of it) The idea of other options, and seeing how EVGA has helped others makes me want to ask if such a thing is possible, that I could get another option. ( not sure what would be available to me if it's even possible)

Thanks.

5 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Is it possible to request an alternate type of replacement or partial refund? 2015/05/21 23:57:49 (permalink)
    Warranty and RMA info is located here:

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

There are no other RMA options available

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Is it possible to request an alternate type of replacement or partial refund? 2015/05/22 00:53:22 (permalink)
    My advice is to call evga, ask to speak to RMA manager or ChrisB for help. Let them know your frustration with this being 3rd RMA.

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Is it possible to request an alternate type of replacement or partial refund? 2015/05/22 17:22:45 (permalink)
    z999z3mystorys
    I know that the warranty is only required to replace a defective card, but was wondering if it's possible to request alternatives. I'm guessing it might be one of those "we'd have to do it for everyone" things. but the card I've sent in for RMA is my old GTX 780 ti kingpin (the OC edition) and this is the second time I've RMAed it (first time it would artifact every so often at the factory OC, second time it just died ( I bought 2 GTX 980s as replacements as I didn't want to deal with this card anymore, and don't really like the whole RMA process in general as well as I wanted to upgrade a bit anyway, just now getting around to the RMA part).
    And I have to say I'm pretty disappointed given that this was an ultra-premium card, only to have it fail to live up to the required standard twice in a row. As I'm likely getting one back (that I can't use though I might be able to sell, I know I wouldn't want to use it anyway even if I could make use of it) The idea of other options, and seeing how EVGA has helped others makes me want to ask if such a thing is possible, that I could get another option. ( not sure what would be available to me if it's even possible)

Thanks.

Hi z999z3mystorys,

I do apologize for the troubles you are having with your graphics card   I recently sent you an email and would like to get some additional feedback from you so we can help you get back up and running as soon as possible.  I look forward to hearing from you

Thank you,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Is it possible to request an alternate type of replacement or partial refund? 2015/05/22 21:38:05 (permalink)
    Thanks, e-mailed a reply back just now.
    z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Is it possible to request an alternate type of replacement or partial refund? 2015/05/28 13:22:32 (permalink)
    Thanks JaysonC, you guys always come through :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile