EVGA

Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR

Author
Paulogdm
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/28 08:28:18 (permalink)
Just sharing! Supports frontal Water Cooler (120mm) if you remove the HDD bay.
Issues: Power button curves too large / or wrong.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6tboTE8EeZSfjVNOUhwaVAySEdPZFM5Nk1YeWFpenN0NDNYWjFoN3JNYWRCUGZOQXByMG8&usp=sharing

Take a look!

8 Replies Related Threads

haghighihk
    • Total Posts : 47
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/06/03 20:10:49 (permalink)
    Any chance you can upload this to PDF?

Yet Another Hadron Air Build
    Asus Z97i Plus
    EVGA Hadron Air
    Intel i5 4670k
    EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC
    8GB EVGA Superclock DDR3-2400 RAM
    Samsung 850 M.2 SSD 240GB
    Paulogdm
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/06/04 01:54:46 (permalink)
    Done! Now u can print it into one paper and see if the holes match 

haghighihk
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/06/04 01:56:49 (permalink)
    Oh wow, very interesting! I don't quite like the look of the flat panel Hadron case, and I've already voided nearly all of my warranties, so maybe it would be a good addition. Plus, a H80i would be a good replacement for my current fan. I'll definitely consider giving it a shot next time a paycheck comes my way.

Thanks!

Asus Z97i Plus
    EVGA Hadron Air
    Intel i5 4670k
    EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC
    Paulogdm
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/06/04 02:04:21 (permalink)
    I rly, rly need to advise you to go with hadron hidro. Its so painful to mod this case... It took me nearly 20 hours just to take off all the glue. But here a hadron hidro is 2.5x the price of the hadron air so i had no choice.
    haghighihk
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/06/04 02:09:54 (permalink)
    Already got the air, actually. I'm gonna consider if the mod is worth it though, because my build is already pretty well done.

Asus Z97i Plus
    EVGA Hadron Air
    Intel i5 4670k
    EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC
    wilhw.ng
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/11/21 22:11:16 (permalink)
    This is wonderful! I just got a hadron air, and drilled out the drive cage. I'm hoping to have one of these front panels fabricated for an intake fan.
    What's your opinion on fabricating a panel with bottom air intake holes for the PSU? It tends to get loud when it gets hot...
    haghighihk
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/11/23 12:34:24 (permalink)
    wilhw.ng
    This is wonderful! I just got a hadron air, and drilled out the drive cage. I'm hoping to have one of these front panels fabricated for an intake fan.
    What's your opinion on fabricating a panel with bottom air intake holes for the PSU? It tends to get loud when it gets hot...

Not sure that would help. The PSU pulls air from the exterior.
    Unfortunately your options regarding the power supply are somewhat limited, but here's what they'd look like:
    1. Replace the power supply outright with a different power supply, one that has more power so you're not getting it to run at load.
    2. Tear PSU apart, replace fans with low noise fans.
    3. Tear out the power supply outright and mount a SFX PSU in the former HDD cage area.
    And of course, none of these are free of issues:
    1. Replacing the PSU with another 1U power supply will cost more than your typical ATX, be hard to source, and in addition might actually be louder than the stock PSU. Keep in mind the form factor is mostly reserved for 1U server racks, where noise is hardly a concern.
    2. This will (obviously) void your warranty, probably cause the PSU to run hotter, and at worst case will only change the pitch of the power supply fan while at the same time having the fan spin at higher RPMs due to more heat.
    3. It's a hackjob, some have been able to do it with good success. However it will definitely take some creative thinking (and likely lots of zipties) and might sacrifice the looks, if you're concerned about that.
    I've had mixed success with #2, I replaced the fans with a Scythe SY124010L and a Noctua NF-A4x10 mounted in series. Very noticeable upgrade. However if you're close to that 500w power wall you might not want to consider it. Once I upgraded my heatsink to a Corsair H75 cooler, apparently the added load was enough to cause the power supply to spin the fans up much louder. ALTHOUGH before that, my build (GTX960, M.2 SSD, Z97/4690k, 2 fans) wasn't pulling close to the max load on the PSU so it was nearly silent.
    post edited by haghighihk - 2015/11/23 12:36:27

Asus Z97i Plus
    EVGA Hadron Air
    Intel i5 4670k
    EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC
    wilhw.ng
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Custom Front Panel Files for HADRON AIR 2015/11/27 13:23:58 (permalink)
    haghighihk
    wilhw.ng

Not sure that would help. The PSU pulls air from the exterior.
    Unfortunately your options regarding the power supply are somewhat limited, but here's what they'd look like:
    1. Replace the power supply outright with a different power supply, one that has more power so you're not getting it to run at load.
    2. Tear PSU apart, replace fans with low noise fans.
    3. Tear out the power supply outright and mount a SFX PSU in the former HDD cage area.
    And of course, none of these are free of issues:
    1. Replacing the PSU with another 1U power supply will cost more than your typical ATX, be hard to source, and in addition might actually be louder than the stock PSU. Keep in mind the form factor is mostly reserved for 1U server racks, where noise is hardly a concern.
    2. This will (obviously) void your warranty, probably cause the PSU to run hotter, and at worst case will only change the pitch of the power supply fan while at the same time having the fan spin at higher RPMs due to more heat.
    3. It's a hackjob, some have been able to do it with good success. However it will definitely take some creative thinking (and likely lots of zipties) and might sacrifice the looks, if you're concerned about that.
    I've had mixed success with #2, I replaced the fans with a Scythe SY124010L and a Noctua NF-A4x10 mounted in series. Very noticeable upgrade. However if you're close to that 500w power wall you might not want to consider it. Once I upgraded my heatsink to a Corsair H75 cooler, apparently the added load was enough to cause the power supply to spin the fans up much louder. ALTHOUGH before that, my build (GTX960, M.2 SSD, Z97/4690k, 2 fans) wasn't pulling close to the max load on the PSU so it was nearly silent.

Thanks for your reply!

Option 2 to change out the delta fan definitely seems like the way to go. The only reason why I suggested to mount a fan at the bottom of the front panel was because I noticed that the power supply has perforations at the front. I was hoping that running a few fans at lower RPMs could drive more cool air into the PSU, thus keeping it cooler - and not having to ramp up the fan.

I was an idiot though to buy the Gigabyte Z97n-wifi mobo...the thing only has 2 fan headers. lol. I'll try to get going on the custom front panel and give an update when possible.

Thanks again for your help!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile