EVGA

Card damaged by liquid.

Author
X-J-4-F
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/23 12:45:22 (permalink)
I think it is not under warranty. But I wanna know if it is repairable or not, if so can I sent it to evga for repair? Below is the image.

post edited by X-J-4-F - 2015/05/24 23:10:22

Attached Image(s)

7 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/23 15:10:03 (permalink)
    Hi XJ, what happened? Have you allowed it to run with the damage? If not, grab a soft bristle tooth brush, and give it a gentle scrub down to see if it is just surface gunk.

I am on my phone, so the pictures don't show up great right now.

I will say, water damage is not covered under warranty, so they may charge you to replace it. Contact support and talk to them. Just use the support button at the top of the page.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/05/23 15:12:03
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/23 15:25:27 (permalink)
    X-J-4-F
    I think it is not under warranty. But I wanna know if it is repairable or not, if so can I sent it to evga for repair? Below is the image.

Hello X-J-4-F,
    Scarlet-Tech is correct in that water damage is not covered under the EVGA limited warranty. 
    Unfortunately, having it sent in for repair may not be possible, due to the water damage itself.  I will follow up with your via email in order to get some more detailed information and see if its possible to assist you further.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/23 17:44:11 (permalink)

Product condition:

This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:

• Defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, submersion in oil, use of adhesives, use of solder, moisture, rust, cigarette residue, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/23 18:43:27 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Product condition:

This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:

• Defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, submersion in oil, use of adhesives, use of solder, moisture, rust, cigarette residue, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.

Even he stated in his first post that I probably wasn't covered, but he was curious is he could pay to get it repaired, which Chris addressed as unlikely. Hopefully they can help him a little though.

I am really curious what happened.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/23 19:36:19 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    XrayMan

Product condition:

Even he stated in his first post that I probably wasn't covered, but he was curious is he could pay to get it repaired, which Chris addressed as unlikely. Hopefully they can help him a little though.

I am really curious what happened.

The only other possible option now, is if Jayson can do anything for him. Since it's a direct violation of the warranty that happened, I can only give this a small chance he can be helped with this. Wait and see I guess.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/23 22:23:23 (permalink)
    Some people don't even bother to read the first post. The OP clearly said that he knows it's not cover under warranty.

The OP asked if it possible to send it in for out of warranty repair, you know where he pays for the repair out of his own pocket.  EVGA offers to fix damaged CPU sockets that's not covered by warranty. 

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Card damaged by liquid. 2015/05/26 09:56:25 (permalink)
    X-J-4-F

Hi X-J-4-F,

Looking at your images, though they are dark, you may have build up from your coolant that can be cleaned off with PCB electronics cleaner and you simply may be all set.  Without a physical in hand evaluation it would be hard to tell just from these images.  Can you please email me some higher resolution pics of the PCB front and back so I can take a closer look?  If not available you are welcome to send it in and we can have a technician look over the card.

Drop me an email whenever you can.

Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile