EVGA

Supernova 1600 T2

Author
CrazyDiamondFL
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/23 10:56:40 (permalink)
Hello all, I have some things I need to ask the community about. I own a 1600 T2 and I am not happy with the cables. I do like the "aftermarket" set that evga makes, however they don't offer them in the color I would like. I have found wires with female connectors on both ends that I could just remove the existing wires from the stock connectors and replace with something like this
(Mods delete link if it's not allowed)
Now the dilemma, I have seen that some people think there are capacitors in the stock and aftermarket evga cabling...I have seen that some people think there are resistors in said cabling...meaning that I could not use what I linked above. I had a friend call evga tech support...that tech said there capacitors hidden in there. So, I called evga tech support and was told they are ALL just straight wires with nothing "hidden" in them. Now, I've done electronics for over 20 years and the only reason I can see putting caps on the wires is to eliminate a ripple in the DC which these high-end psu's should NOT have a problem with.
So what is the answer...straight though wires or is there stuff hidden in there that will prevent from re-pinning with different cable?
And yes I do know that if I did what I linked above, it would void my psu warranty...but why?
This is a sticking point in my build now.
Thanks for all your help.

2 Replies Related Threads

vsg28
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 611
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Supernova 1600 T2 2015/05/23 20:54:00 (permalink)
    Some of the cables do have caps on the PSU end (24 pin ATX, EPS and PCI-E). You can sleeve around them but you can just as easily make your own wires/buy aftermarket kits that don't have them. The caps aren't going to do much with the 1600T2, you are right in that they are there to help with ripple but the unit has no issues with or without the caps.
    CrazyDiamondFL
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Supernova 1600 T2 2015/05/24 20:40:57 (permalink)
    So why am I hearing different things? I seen in a review someone said there were caps, @vsg28 says there are caps, had a friend call evga tech support and was told resistors, not capacitors, I called evga tech support and he tells me the stock cable kit with the supernova 1600 T2 are straight through wires...ALL of them he said. He said the bulges under the bundle sheathing is just heatshrink.

So what is the answer?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile