Video playback problems with titan x

Author
gatecrasherlok
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/21 13:53:36 (permalink)
Hey guys

Decided to go and get myself a new setup which includes an evga titan x and an x99 setup. Games run great on it since i came from an aging x58 and 500 series. I have no qualms or anything about its performance. However I seem to be having problems playing video's or either streaming content via twitch and sometimes youtube.

Anyways down to the problem at hand. I usually use BS player and or Media player classic to watch series or movies but for some reason the video image seem to hang or blank out along with the the video player interface. this only happens say 5 mins or so into the video though. The content seems to be fine as the audio still carries on but its just the video sequence. If I try to minimize the video from fullscreen mode again this happens which is really annoying as I have to ctrl-alt-delete to force the media player to stop. What could the problem be as I have reinstalled these players a few times and also downloaded fresh copies of the installers think that may help but to no avail.

I have also tried changing the video out put on media player classic to vmr9, quick time and realmedia video settings are set to system default. This has allowed me to finish the video's it seems without a problem but if I decided to minimize the window and then go back into the video later the video freezes but audio keeps going.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 Replies Related Threads

SuperConker
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 270
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Video playback problems with titan x 2015/05/21 14:31:23 (permalink)
    Is it the same issue as in this thread? https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/830580/geforce-gtx-titan-x-artifacting/#4524718

I'm having that on both of my Titan X cards, but i think it might be a driver issue that hopefully gets fixed in the future.

gatecrasher
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 267
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Video playback problems with titan x 2015/05/22 18:10:54 (permalink)
    No not quite its more in video playback unfortunately. I think I've managed to sort the video problem out and now need to work on getting video content via web to play at greater than 1080p in youtube and source via twitch.

Asus Rampage V Extreme
    Intel i7 5960X
    Avexir 16gb ram
    EVGA Titan X
    1 x Corsair Neutron GTX 120
    Asus Xonar Xense
    2 x 150 gig WD Velociraptors
    Lian Li PcP80 Armoursuit
    Platimax 1500
    Full custom h20 cooled 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile