Please update the BIOS

Author
Excessive Nerve
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/13 20:53:22 (permalink)
I have a Z97 FTW and the BIOS is lacking compared to many other motherboard manufacturers.

First off, the UI. It is hard to navigate and an overall eye-sore.

Secondly, the fan control SUCKS. Why is their no ability for a custom fan curve based on the temperature of the CPU? Come on EVGA..

What I'm looking for is the entire BIOS to have a face-lift. The BIOS looks horrible and would be nice if the UI was redesigned to a more modern design we see in everyday things (Such as googles material design, or Microsoft's flat design).

The most important feature is a custom fan curve for ALL fans. Comeon, this has been a thing in some bios(s) even before UEFI. As a programmer myself, this would not take any longer than 2 hours to write, test, and compile.

I have been really enjoying my Z97 FTW, and I hope you take these suggestions into consideration!

Thanks!
post edited by Excessive Nerve - 2015/05/13 22:04:19

4 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Please update the BIOS 2015/05/13 20:55:26 (permalink)
    Welcome to the Forum.

Excessive Nerve
    I have been really enjoying my Z97 FTW, and I hope you take these suggestions into consideration!

Thanks!

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/05/13 20:57:56

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

CptSpig
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 736
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Please update the BIOS 2015/05/13 21:28:19 (permalink)
    I don't know what planet your living on this is the best bios in buisiness. So easy to navigate and overclocking is a sinch. I have a Z97 Classified best board ever. I will never go back to ASUS again. The support is also unbeatable. Oh by the way welcome to the forum!

Excessive Nerve
    I have a Z97 FTW and the BIOS is lacking compared to many other motherboard manufacturers.

First off, the UI. It is hard to navigate and an overall eye-sore.

Secondly, the fan control SUCKS. Why is their no ability for a custom fan curve based on the temperature of the CPU? Come on EVGA..

Also I feel like some features are hidden away in bread trails of menus. Maybe reorganize it?

What I'm looking for is the entire BIOS to have a face-lift. The BIOS looks horrible, and its hard to find things that's are easily found in other UEFI bios(s).

The most important feature is a custom fan curve for ALL fans. Comeon, this has been a thing in some bios(s) even before UEFI. As a programmer myself, this would not take any longer than 2 hours to write, test, and compile.

Thanks!

Excessive Nerve
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Please update the BIOS 2015/05/13 22:02:32 (permalink)
    CptSpig
    I don't know what planet your living on this is the best bios in buisiness. So easy to navigate and overclocking is a sinch. I have a Z97 Classified best board ever. I will never go back to ASUS again. The support is also unbeatable. Oh by the way welcome to the forum!

I guess the navigation will just take some getting used too. Was being a bit nit picky. Updated the OP.

But I do think a built in customizable fan curve and a UI upgrade will be a step in the right direction.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys!
    ketracel
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: Please update the BIOS 2015/05/22 08:22:24 (permalink)
    some people, meh. I find this UEFI, not BIOS, the cleanest and easiily the most responsive of any board i've ever had. you should try the UEFI on an Asus Z97 board, my gosh what a slow and horrible mess that is. I do suggest the text area be extended for boot drives and show a partition name, else i have 3 Samsung 850 pro drives with identical name, which is which? also saving a profile needs to display a cursor in text field and allow to move back so as to delete a few characters instead of the whole lot.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile