EVGA

Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
donnieatx
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/02 10:42:00 (permalink)
...the reason being because they're screwing us over and you count on them screwing us over. I just bought one of the new EVGA GTX 970's because it's a killer card, not because of the mail-in rebate. But it kills me to leave free money on the table, so I followed all the instructions for the $10 mail-in rebate. Sadly not surprisingly, I got the e-mail today denying the rebate because the UPC barcode wasn't included. Oh really! That's funny because take a look at my BOX

Maybe it's stuck to the bottom of my shoe... hold on, lemme check. Nope, it's not there. Maybe my brother has it though, lemme go ask him... Nope, he says he doesn't have it because he saw me PUT IT INSIDE THE ENVELOPE!

Short of it somehow falling out of the sealed envelope on the way to EVGA, it's pretty clear to me that ya'll dropped the ball somewhere along the line, either by you losing it or more likely some employee absconding with the priceless little thing for God knows what nefarious purpose. You'll probably respond back, "Riiight, well we outsource rebate processing so it wasn't actually us BLAH BLAH BLAH...." I DON'T CARE, you're missing the point! The point is rebates suck because you can't police them, and when you make a mistake or even a customer makes a mistake, IT'S ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER THAT LOSES OUT! And though you won't admit it, you count on that because it's more profitable for you. You'll argue to yourself, "Weeell, we'll lose sales without the $10 rebate BLAH BLAH BLAH..." Well guess what, in the future you're going to lose sales from me because, with all things being equal, I'm going to buy from a competitor who doesn't fleece their customers with mail-in rebates!

I really don't give a crap about the $10, it's not even 3% of the price of the GPU. Whoever's reading this, if we were hanging out I'd probably buy you a $10 cocktail for Christ's sake! But that's just me. Maybe for others $10 is a big deal. And for them, if you really want to help them out, then offer a promo code or something! It's less work and stress for everyone, and CUSTOMERS LIKE IT MORE!!! Who's team are you on? Our team, the team that makes your business possible? Or are you just there for yourselves?

Okay I'm done... I hope no one reads this. I got what I wanted out of it cause I feel better. Is there anyone else out there getting screwed by mail-in rebate issues? How do you feel about them? Maybe we can start a Rebates Anonymous group lol

Attached Image(s)

56 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 10:59:37 (permalink)
    I have had no problem at all with any of my EVGA Mail-In Rebates. They have one of the Best Process out their.
    Why are you say to get rid of them?
    If you do not like them then don't do them!
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/05/02 12:00:23

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10324
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 11:52:11 (permalink)
    Never had any rebate troubles here with EVGA's mail-in rebates...

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10324
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 11:55:11 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    I have had no problem at all with any of my EVGA Mail-In Rebates. They have one of the Best Process out their.

By the way you sent in your Serial Number and not the UPC Barcode from the Box.
    The UPC Barcode is on one of the Lids so why not re-submit with the correct UPC Barcode.

Hey BC.  I just sent in my two rebates a couple days ago for my 970's.  No barcodes on the lids.  They were located on my boxes just like what his pics show.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 11:56:16 (permalink)
    bdary
    bcavnaugh

By the way you sent in your Serial Number and not the UPC Barcode from the Box.
    The UPC Barcode is on one of the Lids so why not re-submit with the correct UPC Barcode.

Hey BC.  I just sent in my two rebates a couple days ago for my 970's.  No barcodes on the lids.  They were located on my boxes just like what his pics show.

OK, I was thinking about all the PSU I got Rebates from. That is you are correct.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/05/02 11:59:23

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 11:57:53 (permalink)
    I have referred your query/displeasure to EVGA.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 12:16:56 (permalink)
    Good afternoon donnieatx,

I sent you an email with some additional information. If you have any other questions please reply back.

If you ever need rebate support in the future please contact rebates@evga.com.

Have a great day!!!!

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

donnieatx
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 12:18:27 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh

I won't use them in the future. BTW, you can polish a turd and call it the best... but in the end it's still just a turd. If you browse around there are others on this forum who've had issues with EVGA's rebates. But I guess that's my point, it's not just EVGA. Mail-in rebates are notoriously unreliable at many different companies, so you never know what you're gonna get with them. Years ago I had a $100 mail-in rebate from Dell delayed by 2 years.... 2 YEARS! They first claimed I didn't follow the instructions properly, even though I did. I mean I'm an engineer and I'm literally paid to follow instructions to the T! That's what I do. Anyway, I thought the money was lost, and then out of the blue, 2 years later I get the $100 check with a letter apologizing for their mistake. I mean come on... is that the world you're arguing for?!

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 12:31:46 (permalink)

I always copy everything I'm going to send in as a rebate, until the rebate is honored. I can discard it then. I copy the form, barcode, etc. I do that with every company I have ever done rebates with.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    donnieatx
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 12:41:59 (permalink)
    XrayMan

I always copy everything I'm going to send in as a rebate, until the rebate is honored. I can discard it then. I copy the form, barcode, etc. I do that with every company I have ever done rebates with.

That's a wise move. I did that in the past when I had easy access to a copier, but right now I don't. So I'd have to make a special trip to go find a copier. For a $10 rebate, I wasn't going to do that. And I imagine I'm not the only one...
    donnieatx
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 13:33:32 (permalink)
    bill1024

I do that too, also use a paperclip to secure the rebate form, invoice and barcode all together so it can not be lost.
    I have received all my EVGA rebates; in fact last few years not been denied a rebate.

But I'll have to agree, just give a discount code instead of rebates, waiting 6 to 8 weeks stinks.

I think this was the problem, I just threw the small barcode loosely into the envelope. So note to future rebate submitters ==>> ATTACH THE BARCODE TO THE REBATE FORM!
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 14:22:48 (permalink)
    donnieatx
    XrayMan

That's a wise move. I did that in the past when I had easy access to a copier, but right now I don't. So I'd have to make a special trip to go find a copier. For a $10 rebate, I wasn't going to do that. And I imagine I'm not the only one...

Next time you pick up a printer choose an all in one printer that has the ability to scan documents and items placed on the scanner glass.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 15:37:59 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    donnieatx
    XrayMan

Next time you pick up a printer choose an all in one printer that has the ability to scan documents and items placed on the scanner glass.

+1
    I picked this up from Amazon for less than $445 and now only $455 and though no longer Prime Shipping is Free.
    HP M476dn Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (CF386A#BGJ)
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/05/02 15:39:21

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 17:22:47 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    rjohnson11
    donnieatx
    XrayMan

+1
    I picked this up from Amazon for less than $445 and now only $455 and though no longer Prime Shipping is Free.

I have an all in one for a lot less. $180. Your paying to much bro.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 17:34:58 (permalink)
    XrayMan
    bcavnaugh
    rjohnson11
    donnieatx
    XrayMan

+1

Laser?

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 18:25:03 (permalink)
    fletchj
    bcavnaugh
    XrayMan
    bcavnaugh
    rjohnson11
    donnieatx
    XrayMan

+1

Laser?

The 4 laser cartridges cost more than you paid for the printer to replace on average.  The new HP Officejets are much more affordable and print the same.

Not True $136.95 on Amazon.
    I got tired of inkjet drying up and that is why I went to a Color LaserJet.

z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 18:43:49 (permalink)
    I know I always ignore mail in rebates due to the fact that they are made hard in the hopes that people don't fill them out after buying the product. after all if they really wanted to lower the price they could do so directly, it's just a way to advertise for less and still effectively charge the same amount 90% of the time.

Also I can't say I know of anyone who likes mail in rebates (on the consumer side anyway) just those that tolerate it at best.
    post edited by z999z3mystorys - 2015/05/02 18:46:15
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/02 19:46:13 (permalink)
    I always staple the UPC code to all rebate form just so it doesn't come up lost when the company opens. I never had any issues with evga rebates.

candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3677
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/03 06:32:40 (permalink)
    I never do them, 10 dollars isnt worth all that effort lol
    mr_scary
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 426
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/03 11:26:15 (permalink)
    I did some rebates in the past, Major headache, I make more money just working a little longer at my job.
    the last time I did a rebate, the site gave me error after error.
    another one had a rebate, but I went to process it, and the retailer made a mistake, and my product did not qualify..

this last time I went through the site, and just lost interest. 

I have processed probably 20+ rebates in my life, all the way back to the 90's..
    Just done even messing with them, unless it's more then $20 it's not worth my time.
    post edited by mr_scary - 2015/05/03 11:28:10

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/03 11:42:54 (permalink)
    candle_86

10 dollars can mean a lot to people. I grew up in a family that didn't have so much money. Sometimes though it isn't about the money, but rather the principle involved.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/03 12:28:10 (permalink)
    candle_86

Maybe not 1, but 3 or 4 can add up.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/04 04:01:26 (permalink)
    Personally I find "rebates" to be like click bait. Only really wanting your info ...

just give us 10 bucks off the damn card. I don't want to send anything in.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/04 04:08:02 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    Personally I find "rebates" to be like click bait. Only really wanting your info ...

Well you either like rebates or you don't. For some reason many people seem to like rebates so as long as that trend continues then there will be rebates. 

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/04 04:12:37 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    transdogmifier

Well you either like rebates or you don't. For some reason many people seem to like rebates so as long as that trend continues then there will be rebates. 

Oh I agree...heh...I was just saying my personal preference...I don't think they'll be going away....

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/04 16:51:24 (permalink)
    Haha, "News Flash!"  I'm not picking on you Donnieatx, but the past few years, how some adults will post complaints or bad reviews vs dealing straight with said companies. 

And on the printer/combo, Brother gets my vote, but I don't ever need anything printed in color.
    kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/04 17:31:43 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    candle_86

10 dollars can mean a lot to people. I grew up in a family that didn't have so much money. Sometimes though it isn't about the money, but rather the principle involved.

You can take your girl on a nice date for $10.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/05 07:45:20 (permalink)
    kaninja
    rjohnson11
    candle_86

You can take your girl on a nice date for $10.

Yes, you can still go to a fast food restaurant for 10 bucks as well.

Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/05 07:54:09 (permalink)
    The only thing I don't like about Mail-in-rebates is the click-bait aspect some people use to advertise the price. Not all do it but I hate when its like a super awesome price then it says ''after MIR''.
    I mailed out my 980SC one and haven't heard back anything in over 3 weeks it doesn't even show it was received so I mailed out another rebate sheet and invoice..but without the UPC obviously because its gone. So we'll see if they deny me or not the woman on the phone told me to just send what I could.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Hey EVGA, NEWS FLASH! Customers HATE mail-in rebates and you need to get rid of them! 2015/05/07 05:16:21 (permalink)
    As Bill_1024 has in his signature about a "pocketknife", life is too short to worry about a $10 rebate.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile