Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please

Author
eubbb
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/23 02:43:43 (permalink)
Hey all, 

I'd like your opinion on my situation here.

I had an Evga GTX 570 Superclocked for years, and it died few weeks ago (crashes, artifacts).
It got RMA'd and I've received  a secondhand GTX 660Ti. Unfortunately this one died after 10 days of basic use (crashing, artifacts).
It got RMA'd too and I've received a GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+. This one looks new. Unfortunately it's not working (artifacts from start, not fully recognized).

After so much issues with different graphic cards I started hardly testing my other components.
I have tested all with a ATI 5750 : all works fine.
I have tested all with a friend's GTX 570 : all works fine.
I have tested the 960 on another computer : same problem : artifacts as soon as it starts, not recognized hardware.
Drivers have been cleaned again and again, installed again and again with specific driver cleaners softwares.

I'm tired of it, I don't know what to do. It seems obvious - I am a hundred percent sure - it comes from the graphic card since I just tested it on another computer, experiencing same issue.
For the time being I have my old 5750 since the 570 died, and this one works fine, it just doesn't let me play my games the way I want.

I don't know if I should keep playing RMA game or investing in a new card...

16 Replies Related Threads

sahafiec
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1344
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/23 08:36:12 (permalink)
    I think it's time you get a really new unopened box card and appreciate EVGA's customer support.

you should contact EVGATech_ChrisB and let him help you, assuming you are in USA. 
    post edited by sahafiec - 2015/04/23 08:40:02

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

eubbb
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/24 03:41:59 (permalink)
    Unfortunately I'm not.
    I'm in Europe, discussing with EU support.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/24 06:39:39 (permalink)
    That's always problem with RMA, you send because one problem they send you with other. 
    I didn't experienced that but it's possible.
    For every RMA no matter what you need to replace I would demand unboxing and testing in EVGA service before send you. I hear that's possible.
    Yes unboxing sealed hardware is excellent thing, but better is to hardware is 100% OK.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/25 09:02:42 (permalink)
    Before i would continue playing RMA game, i would contact EVGA HQ about this problem of receiving defective cards over and over. They will make sure EVGA EU test the next card before shipping it out to you. I would push for prepaid return shipping label too.

Contact ChrisB and explain the issue, he should be able to help you. 
    email Chrisb@evga.com

Tuck53
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/27 03:27:17 (permalink)
    The problem with RMA in Europe is that they expect you to send the product to Germany with International shipping costs, at your expense. I have declined this and will be returning my brand new DOA card to the Vendor in line with UK/European Consumer Law.

eubbb
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/27 11:53:53 (permalink)
    Thanks for your feedbacks

I've sent a mail to Chrisb@evga.com
    I don't know if it will be answered and I don't know if he has any impact on Europe support team.
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/27 18:45:53 (permalink)
    Dear eubbb,

I have read through your email and your forum post. I have also looked through the history on your account. I can confirm that the reason for your first RMA was said to be the same or similar to the issue with the current new card. Please understand that your first RMA was tested and the card did not show artifacts in our systems. Can you please confirm the power supply in use in this system? Can you please confirm if you can also try the card in a different slot? Have you tried a complete fresh install of the drivers?

I am showing that the EU team is trying to help and that they have covered the shipping for the last RMA request as well as helping with this current one to assist, but please understand that if the issue is something else other than the graphics card another card will give the same error/problems.

I will be awaiting your response through email to try and help further. chrisb@evga.com

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/27 18:47:47 (permalink)
    Dear Tuck53,

I can confirm that it is abnormal for a card to be DOA, but if that should happen then it is recommended to exchange the product with the place of purchase if that is a option. If you are within 30 days of purchase then our offices can work with you with the shipping depending on your region. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you should need some help. chrisb@evga.com

Tuck53
    The problem with RMA in Europe is that they expect you to send the product to Germany with International shipping costs, at your expense. I have declined this and will be returning my brand new DOA card to the Vendor in line with UK/European Consumer Law.

eubbb
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/28 00:22:20 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Dear eubbb,

I have read through your email and your forum post. I have also looked through the history on your account. I can confirm that the reason for your first RMA was said to be the same or similar to the issue with the current new card. Please understand that your first RMA was tested and the card did not show artifacts in our systems. Can you please confirm the power supply in use in this system? Can you please confirm if you can also try the card in a different slot? Have you tried a complete fresh install of the drivers?

I am showing that the EU team is trying to help and that they have covered the shipping for the last RMA request as well as helping with this current one to assist, but please understand that if the issue is something else other than the graphics card another card will give the same error/problems.

I will be awaiting your response through email to try and help further. chrisb@evga.com

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding the 1st card, I really doubt it was just a driver issue.
    Of course I cleaned thoroughly drivers with appropriate tools (DDU display driver uninstaller, CCleaner to fix tmp files + registry, multiple reboots, fresh installation from manufacturer's website updated driver), and reinstalled but the issue remained : it wasn't always artifacts from start up but it was more and more frequent, with BSOD, and multiple crash of the card driver (that was the error message, in term of facts, it was the card turning unresponsive from Peripheric manager).

Regarding EVGA certification tests for the unit, I don't know what is given to the card, how long etc, but I'm really surprised that you didn't notice anything abnormal.

Before proceeding with RMA, EU support made me test few things in order to check the good behaviour of the PSU : +12v reading in BIOS, memtest for the RAM etc...
    My PSU is a Corsair HX850 which is a quality PSU. I know it could have failed, but I really don't notice any issue for the time being.
    I now have a Crossfire of 5750 before I receive a working card, and the computer is working like a charm : no error, no issue at all.
    Also, when I tried my friend's 570, it was working fine on my computer too.
    I've also tried connecting the GPU to another slot of the motherboard, but nothing changed.

Here is my complete rig:

Motherboard : Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    CPU : Intel i5 4690k
    RAM : G.Skill Ripjaws 4x2Go 1600Mhz
    PSU : Corsair HX850
    Cooling : Noctua NH-U12P SE2
    Storage : Kingston V300 60Go + Kingston V300 240Go + Seagate Barracuda 1To
    Case : NZXT H440
    Monitor : Asus VS278
    GPU : ?  / EVGA 570 Superclocked / Crossfire Sapphire 5750 Vapor-X

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/04/30 14:50:14 (permalink)
    Dear eubbb,

I confirmed that your replacement shipped for you and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of further support. chrisb@evga.com

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10327
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/05/01 13:58:48 (permalink)
    Shot in the dark here, but when you clean the drivers with DDU, are you cleaning both Nvidia & ATI drivers?  If not, give that a try if you still have issue's.

eubbb
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/05/01 14:10:01 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Dear eubbb,

I confirmed that your replacement shipped for you and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of further support. chrisb@evga.com

I'll let you all know when I'll have received the unit.

bdary
    Shot in the dark here, but when you clean the drivers with DDU, are you cleaning both Nvidia & ATI drivers?  If not, give that a try if you still have issue's.

You can choose what you want to clean/uninstall. It's able to clean ATI / Nvidia / Intel drivers.

bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10327
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/05/01 14:44:46 (permalink)
    eubbb
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Dear eubbb,

I'll let you all know when I'll have received the unit.

bdary

You can choose what you want to clean/uninstall. It's able to clean ATI / Nvidia / Intel drivers.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  But my question was if you were removing both the Nvidia & ATI drivers when you tried running your Nvidia GPU?  Sometimes having both types of driver sets (Nvidia & ATI) installed at the same time can cause issue's.

My suggestion was if you hadn't cleaned both types of drivers, to give that a try if you're still having issue's.

eubbb
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/05/05 23:55:20 (permalink)
    I have received a GTX 960 yesterday. This one is working and for the time being I haven't experience any issue.

I thank you all for your support and heading me to Chris B who definitely participated.

Cheers
    sahafiec
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1344
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/05/07 00:41:45 (permalink)
    that's good to hear, have a nice time with the new card. 

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Can't get a working Graphic card - opinion please 2015/05/07 20:12:33 (permalink)

Glad everything worked out for ya.            

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile