EVGA

AnsweredTitan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1788
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/23 18:28:05 (permalink)
I wonder if you can buy just a shroud?  I can't find one anywhere yet, but it would probably be coming soon.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
rsvette12
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 12:35:50 (permalink)
bump

rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 12:38:27 (permalink)
avickory
I install the  nzxt G10 on my tian X  it works great, I did install some tiny heatsinks on the VRM.. and I am running my card at  1450 Core    temp stay around  42-45C   I am using a Corsair H90 also

I would like to ask you a few questions on this - where are you getting the heat sinks from to add to vrm ? - plan on using corsair H105 - the cpu fan header connector can that be placed somewhere else on the motherboard as the cooler will be in the bottom of nzxt phantom 820 case and secondary cpu header connector is to far away so not sure how to do this - my motherboard is maximus VII Formula - thanks so much
avickory
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 13:37:42 (permalink)
These  are the heatsinks  I  used for the VRM   I got them from amazon.  (I can't post links yet sorry)
Cosmos ® 20 PCS mini Aluminum Chips VGA RAM Cooling Heatsinks heat sink cooler + Cosmos Cable Tie 
you plug the cooler into any Fan connector you have available
rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 13:53:10 (permalink)
Thanks Buddy - you have corsair rad - I use h100 on my cpu using corsair link software to to turn up fans will corsair link still work how would I go about doing this with another corsair cooler added - the pum power cable would go where as it is to far away - thank you
post edited by rsvette12 - 2015/04/26 14:11:01
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 15:19:21 (permalink)
rsvette12
Thanks Buddy - you have corsair rad - I use h100 on my cpu using corsair link software to to turn up fans will corsair link still work how would I go about doing this with another corsair cooler added - the pum power cable would go where as it is to far away - thank you

You can buy extensions for the fan plugs on Newegg or Amazon or any number of places if you are wanting it to go back to your board for control.  They are fairly cheap.  I can't post links, though, so apologies.

Most boards have 4 pin for PWM in different places on the board, though.  Are you simply out of connection points?  You definitely don't want a splitter on this connection, but maybe you could on some other fans if you are out of them.
post edited by CoercionShaman - 2015/04/26 15:21:35

rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 15:34:54 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
rsvette12

You can buy extensions for the fan plugs on Newegg or Amazon or any number of places if you are wanting it to go back to your board for control.  They are fairly cheap.  I can't post links, though, so apologies.

Most boards have 4 pin for PWM in different places on the board, though.  Are you simply out of connection points?  You definitely don't want a splitter on this connection, but maybe you could on some other fans if you are out of them.

Hi no I have two fan headers close buy but not sure where to put the connector off the pump as in normal cpu application it goes on a cpu header - so not sure if placing it on a normal fan header will work and if corsair link will see it to turn up the fans - does this second corsair unit have to use the corsair usb link cable as well - I only have one 9 pin usb header - maybe just the one will control both units ? thanks
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 16:00:52 (permalink)
rsvette12
CoercionShaman
rsvette12

Hi no I have two fan headers close buy but not sure where to put the connector off the pump as in normal cpu application it goes on a cpu header - so not sure if placing it on a normal fan header will work and if corsair link will see it to turn up the fans - does this second corsair unit have to use the corsair usb link cable as well - I only have one 9 pin usb header - maybe just the one will control both units ? thanks

I did not wholly understand the issue with the USB.  Now I do.  I will bow out on that particular issue for someone who better understands.  I have always just set up profiles for fan control based on temperature readings.  I am going to research this now.

rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/26 16:16:12 (permalink)
It is a connector for corsair link software to work - oh you have a corsair cooler H90 - that does not have the corsair link cable no wonder you are confused - its awesome but the latest version of software is crap - glad I saved my older version

here is the cooler I have this will explain it - ooops cant post link - look for on newegg
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm 

rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/27 15:03:26 (permalink)
CoercionShaman
rsvette12
CoercionShaman
rsvette12

I did not wholly understand the issue with the USB.  Now I do.  I will bow out on that particular issue for someone who better understands.  I have always just set up profiles for fan control based on temperature readings.  I am going to research this now.

Hi sorry to bother you again could you post a picture grab something of the net to show me which ram you have applied sinks to - thank you
CoercionShaman
FTW Member
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/27 16:44:35 (permalink)
rsvette12
CoercionShaman
rsvette12
CoercionShaman
rsvette12

Hi sorry to bother you again could you post a picture grab something of the net to show me which ram you have applied sinks to - thank you

I think something got crossed in discussion.  I'm not sure what you are asking regarding the RAM.  I believe you were looking at someone else with regard to the system.

Who was it?  Help him out!

rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/27 16:58:07 (permalink)
Sorry wrong person - thank you
rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/27 16:59:29 (permalink)
avickory
These  are the heatsinks  I  used for the VRM   I got them from amazon.  (I can't post links yet sorry)
Cosmos ® 20 PCS mini Aluminum Chips VGA RAM Cooling Heatsinks heat sink cooler + Cosmos Cable Tie

you plug the cooler into any Fan connector you have available

Hi - could you tell me which ram on pcb needs to have the ramsinks as I cant tell by your pics - thank you
rsvette12
Re: Titan X baseplate + NZXT Kraken G10? 2015/04/27 17:33:24 (permalink)
I should be all set finding some helpful pictures on google - thank you
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile