EVGA

Build boots fine until a reboot is needed...

Author
sedlaks
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/24 05:06:58 (permalink)
This is a new build using the EVGA Z97 FTW motherboard. i5-4689k is brand new as well as the EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Corsair Vengence LP DDR3 1600 Ram (2x8gb). I built the machine and attempted its first boot. It booted successfully and I went into the bois. I did not change any of the default settings. I quit without saving and attempted to install my operating system. For the time being it is Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. It started the OS install normally. Once it got to a part that it needed to reboot to continue installation, the machine shut off, and when it tried to post after the reboot, the power supply starts, the LED case fans came on but are flashing as well as all LEDs on the motherboard are flashing and I am receiving a flashing C in the LED read out panel. I can disconnect the power supply for a few seconds to shut the system back down. Once the system is off, I reconnect the power supply and it will boot up like normal. I can get to the bios again and begin the windows install but will ultimately end up in the flashing lights and flashing C state. I have made sure all power supply connections to the mother board are seated properly by disconnecting and reconnecting them many times. I have loosened the Heat sink from the cpu a tiny bit to make sure it was not over tightened. I have cycled the ram sticks trying them one at a time in slot one on the motherboard. I have not reseeded the CPU or removed the motherboard and tried to boot with it out of the case. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply Related Threads

CptSpig
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 736
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Build boots fine until a reboot is needed... 2015/04/24 07:32:50 (permalink)
    Try removing your front panel power and reset cables. Next use the power button on your board to boot. Once booted onto windows hit the reset button. If everything works you have your front panel power and rest cables on the wrong pins.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile