EVGA

5.3.3 WOT problems

Author
DBurlison
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/20 17:03:00 (permalink)
For weeks i've been having a problem with what i thought was Win 8.1. Every time i played WOT, the game behaved rather badly. If i tried to simply log in for the current daily, shutting the game off would result in crashing and/or losing the desktop icons and having to restart windows. I was getting very upset at WOT because i was not seeing the enemy, they were all lighting up on the map, but i couldn't see them to shoot. I was getting killed by invisible tanks and there was nothing i could do about it. This is all on a fresh new computer with fresh new WOT install and Win 8.1. Tonight i decided to try something different, i turned off PreX and fired up the game. Played for 2 hours and never had a single problem seeing enemies and guess what, when i quit the game i came right to the desktop and proceeded here to post this statement. I've been an avid EVGA customer since the beginning. I have to say, there are some serious issues with E-leet and PreX. I'm losing my faith in this company and i'm starting to doubt the direction of the future of this company. Times are tough, straighten up or ship out, we don't have time for meddling with the software, you were the #1 go-to guys for power computing and gaming for a decade, get someone fired up or fired and fix these simple problems before its to late, or have you thrown in the towel already? 

2 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 5.3.3 WOT problems 2015/04/20 18:39:43 (permalink)
    If you had gone to the precision release thread, you can see many issues mentioned in there. You must keep in mind, EVGA isn't a software programming company, they are a hardware company. They have taken on creating precision and eleet, so that they don't have to pay someone else that will ditch them and leave them behind the curve with software.

From 5.2.0 up until now, EVGA has beem creating precision from scratch. I am sure if you have ever tried to program software, you will realize how much has to be done. Then consider the hundreds of graphics cards and variations to make sure work. Then take into consideration all of the other software conflicts and games that have to be considered. I know I wouldn't want to be programming this type of stuff.

Precision 4.2.1, which was an unwinder created program (EVGA just paid him to make it) Still works well. This wasn't the first variation, and he had a heck of a lot of work in it to get it to work as well as he had. It wasn't the first variation by any means. The previous versions had errors as well. It takes time. If you want 4.2.1, I have it saved to a drop box and use it still.

Many people say, "well, I paid for by ah blah blah to get this to work... The software is a bonus. You can use the Nvidia inspector program to overclock, and even use geforce experience for fps monitoring. Hopefully EVGA gets it corrected, but until they figure out the issues, they will continue to occur. Anyone that wants to help the programmers that are figuring this out along the way should try to assist, because I couldn't look at the code and tell what they have done to get where they are.
    DBurlison
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 5.3.3 WOT problems 2015/04/21 07:27:37 (permalink)
    Your missing the bigger picture here, EVGA is a reboxer, they don't make anything, its a brand. The point i'm trying to make is this, the latest announcement from EVGA was that this worked with WOT, it does not. In fact, as i stated earlier, it breaks WOT and under normal use, seen posted all over this forum, eats up and hogs system resources. I don't know what happened, you don't know what happened, you might think you do because you read about it online, but you weren't there so don't make speculations. Something happened, he doesn't make the software anymore. I don't actually use the software to overclock, this isn't the 90s or early 00s. I use the software to monitor the card and primarily to control the fans as do many friends i know that use this software. I downloaded the older software last night after my posting, it runs butter smooth and no problems.

If you think i'm just trying to down EVGA, try this on... i've had EVGA since practically day one, this is my current build,
    EVGA Hadron
    EVGA Stinger Z97 Wifi
    EVGA 960FTW

Did you notice my join date? And thats just this forum, it was a while ago.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile