EVGA

Z87 Classified Questions

Author
sekritskwurl
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/16 08:22:16 (permalink)
Hey there, this is my first forum post here. 

I have a two questions. I have a z87 classified motherboard.  

A little background, my uses for this motherboard are not Windows friendly.  I am trying to avoid installing windows because it doesn't have the functionality I require. (this could also be the root of the issue). So I have a stock Debian install, so fresh and so clean. First question..

Is there a way to update the BIOS (currently @ 1.05) on the motherboard without windows. If so are there instructions online? Maybe I missed something? Follow-up to that, I have never done any overclocking or anything like that, but am interested in the functionality that is presented in the BIOS. Is there a manual I can read or documentation somewhere for the BIOS, I know some basic stuff, but I was looking for something a little more in depth.

Second Question, and this may go back to me running Linux, but I'm sure there is an answer for this somehow. The motherboard won't reset. If I reboot from the OS or if I halt my OS I can hit the reset button and it will reset, but I am looking to be able to reboot remotely if required. Like just type reboot, and it reboots. When I type reboot the system powers down as if it were sleeping but never reboots. Has anyone experienced this before? I tried googling around, but I would like to see if an updated BIOS will solve the issue. It could possibly be a BIOS setting that I am not aware of, but i'm not ruling out the distinct possibility of it being completely my fault elsewhere.   

Any help would be much appreciated, let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you in advance. 

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Z87 Classified Questions 2015/04/16 08:42:30 (permalink)
    1. You can update the BIOS via a bootable flash drive however it would have to be bootable to a DOS environment instead of a Linux command prompt.
    2. We don't officially support Linux so we did not test it on the board for the functions. You can try adjusting the power management in the BIOS and see if there is any change. Someone else on the forums may have tested with Debian Linux or a variant of Debian however to get feedback for rebooting. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile