2015/03/26 09:34:20 (permalink)
Hello all!

I'll get the parts list out of the way.

Hadron air case
EVGA mITX ACX cpu cooler
EVGA Z97 Stinger motherboard
Corsair vengeance ram
gtx 980 reference cooler

I have recently done a hadron air build and have a couple of questions about the way the cpu cooler is mounted along with maybe using a low profile ram heatsink.

Right now I have the cpu cooler mounted vertically so it blows from the bottom to the top of the case if that makes sense? The problem with this is that it "touches" my ram heatsink. I don't think it will hurt anything but does anyone know if low profile will be small enough not to touch the heatsink? Something like Vengeance LPX ram is what I had in mind.

The other question is. What about mounting the cpu cooler horizontally. Has anyone noticed any difference in cpu temps with a vertical vs horizontal position? Normally I would just test this myself but I fear I would have to tear apart the entire computer due to how difficult it is to work in the cases small space. I also had a very difficult time mounting this cpu cooler, so if anyone has tips on that I would greatly appreciate it.

If anyone is curious about temps. With my fans set @40%, a 4ghz OC and a ~.1 undervolt I am maxing out around 70C. Not bad for this small of a case.

Anyhoo thank you for any input on this! (:

1 Reply Related Threads

Djbgmz
    • Total Posts : 17
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Hadron air case questions. 2015/04/14 09:08:08 (permalink)
    I have a similar setup and mounted my cooler the same. I did think about mounting it horizontally but since hot air rises it seems more beneficial to keep it the way you have it now. Plus since there is no cold air coming in from either the front or back so horizontally mounting it wouldnt make it any cooler. Since you have the reference 980 the gpu shouldn't be giving off much heat to the cpu so your good there. With the ram the only thing about having it touch would be vibrations from the fan that might damage the ram but it seems that the cooler itself is fairly quiet and calm, at least in my own experience with a I5-4590, although if you can return the ram and get something shorter. Also that temp is pretty good for that OC, since mine is locked the max temp stays around 62C when benchmarking (around 50C while gaming).

I5-4590 *Max load temp: 62C*
    EVGA M-ITX ACX Cooler
    EVGA Z97 (will upgrade cpu to I7-4790K when I mod case to house H100i)
    Gskill Sniper 8gb @1866mhz
    EVGA Hadron
    EVGA 780 6gb SC *Max load temp: 82C*

post edited by Djbgmz - 2015/04/14 09:12:30
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile