Do you carry? If so what, and why?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Author
sahafiec
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 08:12:26 (permalink)
I feel for all of you that need or think they need to carry a weapon every day.
what a wonderful world, right?!

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 08:52:34 (permalink)
sahafiec

Kind of wondering where anyone asked for pity.

Don't carry if you don't want to. Recognize the validity of someone feeling they have to.

Pity isn't part of the equation.

Frankly I'd rather not need it and have it...

You're foolish to think that even in a country where "guns are illegal" you'd never need to protect yourself, however.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

sahafiec
FTW Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 09:12:43 (permalink)
I wonder where did you read pity in my post?

Frankly I'd rather not need it and have it...

so it's only true if you write it down but not if I do. strange, frankly...
post edited by sahafiec - 2015/03/26 09:14:27

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

zildjian75
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1261
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 09:13:17 (permalink)
sahafiec

Unfortunately, the real world is not like The Truman Show.  Do you not watch the news?  Are you really as safe as you think you are?  Who protects you?  All of the crimes that go on everyday, those folks are walking down the same streets right next to you and your family.

Fort Hood, Charlie Hebdo, Elementary Schools...  As you can see, no matter where you are, the poop can hit the fan.  No need to feel bad for me.  I actually feel bad for you b/c you have such a an exaggerated false sense of security, that you see no circumstance where you might one day need to save your own life, the lives of your family or even the lives of a stranger.

Why do cops carry weapons?  Why are politicians, actors & wealthy folks protected by armed body guards?  When was the last time a politician was shot at? How often does that happen?  When was the last time an actor was shot at?  There are more school shootings then there are politicians and actors being shot.  These folks hire people with guns so they don't have to carry, and then want to stand up and say we "common folk" shouldn't be able to protect ourselves.

If there is one thing I have come to realize...  The folks that are the most outspoken about gun control, are the ones that have the least to fear.  To heck with everyone else right?  That is until they need protection, then the first word out of their mouths is "HELP!!"

The amount of naivete someone must have to question why someone would "choose" to carry a weapon is beyond me.  OR, Do you want folks not to carry b/c it gives you the upper hand? 

"The wise know their weakness too well to assume infallibility; and he who knows most, knows best how little he knows."   Thomas Jefferson

RIG#1 (Home) - i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz w/ CM V8 GTS - EVGA Z97 Classified - Win10 64bit - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133mhz - 2 x EVGA GTX 980SC in SLI - Corsair AX850 - 250GB Samsung Evo (main) - 500GB Samsung Evo (games) - 1TB WD Black (misc) - Aerocool Strike-X (Cheesy... But effective!)

sahafiec
FTW Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 09:29:25 (permalink)
are you a cop? politician? actor? wealthy folk? so many words but so little real meaningful sense in them, sorry.
no need to try to justify carrying a weapon every day, do it if you want.
it's not up to me to change it, but it's up to me to feel for you until you live a life free of guns and fear. 

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 10:19:24 (permalink)
sahafiec
are you a cop? politician? actor? wealthy folk? so many words but so little real meaningful sense in them, sorry.
no need to try to justify carrying a weapon every day, do it if you want.
it's not up to me to change it, but it's up to me to feel for you until you live a life free of guns and fear. 

Peaceful monks train to fight as well.  They may not carry, but they are damn sure ready to defend themselves.   Same principal.  I cant balance myself on the tip of a spear, but I can draw my sidearm and use it as such.  If you choose not to carry that's your business.  

As long as there are 2 people, someone will want what the other has, and may just take it upon himself to take it.  Don't discredit the rest who feel the need to.  Remember were not gun toting maniacs like you could see in a western (think the cowboys in the movie tombstone), but law abiding citizens who just like having the extra layer of protection quietly nestled under a shirt as not to scare your delicate feelings.  

Just remember if you get assaulted that it was your choice not to carry in a country that allows its citizens to do so (other then residents of NJ/CA/NY etc - screw us).  Remember that helplessness you feel as your getting robbed at gunpoint (and if your lucky...survive).  Also imagine a poor woman who was raped and murdered by the same dude that robbed you.  You could have stopped him.  Her life could have been saved by you.  But that is just hypothetical.  I hope you live happily until the end and i don't wish that any of this on anyone.  We just don't pretend violence doesn't exists, and take a simple constitutionally protected step to make sure we aren't victims.  
richj44
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2251
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 10:29:55 (permalink)
sahafiec

Did your life come with a guarantee that you will never need one? If so, you're special and that's pretty awesome. If not...how can you be so certain you won't? Do you just feel lucky? I suppose pretending nothing bad can ever happen is one strategy for dealing with life, but I'm not sure how effective it is in a pinch.

MSI Z590-A / I5-11400 / 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance RAM / MSI 1660 TI / Viotek GNV32DB monitor / Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb / Seasonic Focus 750 Gold / Saitek Eclipse II keyboard / Samsung DVD Burner / Phanteks Enthoo Pro case / Windows 11 / Nothing overclocked
AnonymousGuy
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 452
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 11:03:31 (permalink)
Conceal carry full size 1911.  If you want to go down further in details, 7+1 rounds of Speer Gold Dot and depending on where I'm going I'll sometimes carry an extra 8 round magazine of FMJ.  I don't carry all the time because I'm not constantly in scenarios where needing a gun is likely.  I always carry a Benchmade 2550 spring-assist knife though which is both a weapon and tool for opening packages.

Clergy
Ok to clarify on a couple of points made. Carrying a gun is not your right, it is your privilege. A right implies that it can not be taking from you and it most certainly can. 

Having a gun is a right.   The difference between a right and a privilege is a right can't summarily be taken away from you.  It's also in the bill of rights which should be pretty self explanatory.

Workstation:  12900KF @ 5.2Ghz || MSI Pro-A Z690 DDR4|| EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || G.Skill 3866 4x8GB || Corsair AX1200i || whole-house loop.
Mining Box: HP Prodesk G1 (Haswell 4590), 3x Gigabyte 3080Ti, AX1500i @ 240V.
LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.
Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i || whole-house loop.
Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA 3060 || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.
Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Int
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 12:02:06 (permalink)
AnonymousGuy

Having a gun is a right.   The difference between a right and a privilege is a right can't summarily be taken away from you.  It's also in the bill of rights which should be pretty self explanatory.

Bingo.

It was the second most important thing written into the highest law of our land.  Right after being able to say whatever you want.  
DStith
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 133
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 22:43:07 (permalink)
richj44
DStith
It's against the law here.  Plus when would you even need a tool for killing people outside in public?  I haven't seen a use for it.

Only when someone tried to kill you first. Hopefully that will never happen, but I'm not going to bet my life or my family's life that it won't. Good luck with your bet.

I have almost been killed multiple times and never needed a gun in any of those situations.  The time I almost got gunned down, the guns were bigger than anything I would have been able to carry anyway and I would have got shot to death anyways.

The guy above, his wildlife argument, that makes sense to me.  Pepper spray isn't going to phase a cougar.  at all.  Only if you are lucky.

Old rig, ftw: Evga 790i FTW, SLI Evga GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 4GB RAM Core2Duo E8400 (parted out, gone)
New rig 8th Generation i7 8700k with GTX 2080ti upgraded from GTX 670 4GB and 64gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB ddr4, some NVME drives and and a couple 480GB SATA III ssds.  Evga 7" Tegra Nvidia quadcore tablet.  Evga Z10 Keyboard

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 23:14:40 (permalink)
The entire argument of 'I feel sorry for you if you need to feel the need to carry' honestly makes me laugh. It would be like telling someone 'I feel sorry for you if you feel the need to lock your house when you are away'. There is a saying 'a locked door keeps an honest man honest' that's it.

If everyone was allowed to CC in the U.S freely, I guarantee you there would be less overall violence. A person on the edge of robbing a store might be inclined not to (refer to keeping an honest man honest) rob the store if there are multiple people in there and there might be someone that's armed.

I would personally concealed carry if I could. Why? Because bad people will do bad things REGARDLESS IF I AM ARMED, OR NOT. It's the same reason I feel better when I have an alarm on my car, or my house locked up at night when I sleep. Precautions. If you give a bad person doubt about their actions, they may be less inclined to commit such action. However, if they still do attempt the action, I want to make sure I give them hell for it (or just straight up stop them). Killing someone (or shooting them) would be ABSOLUTELY last resort for me. I would draw my firearm, but unless then charge me, I would never fire and take someones life. I would much rather not have that conscience when I try to sleep at night (regardless if it was justified or not).
post edited by Baltothewolf - 2015/03/26 23:17:32

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

DStith
Superclocked Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/26 23:40:25 (permalink)
You're talking about carrying concealed a tool for killing people and you trust that people out there are going to actually not pull it on eachother and wreak havoc?  Get real man.  You probably haven't seen as much as I have seen about people.  People are in general good but there are a lot of nut balls out there that should not EVER be allowed to have a weapon in their possession.  Not all people are good people and there are people that are way too loony.  The way the system is set up now, I can fully guarantee you, has kept weapons away from people that are borderline psychopathic.  Not because they can't walk into a gun store and buy one but because even that step alone as well as whatever else is in their environment does not place a killing tool right in front of them for their disposal.

I can't ever be 100% pro guns but I can't be 100% against it.  I also do agree with the argument about a guy saying he feels sorry for people whom think they need to carry in the way you stated in your post.  The reason being is that a person could feel like they need to carry it because he feels like he can wield it around if someone threatens him in public.  I mean yeah that is illegal to do anyway but when you go out in public, most of the time people aren't going to mess with you anyways.  If you feel like you need it so people won't mess with you, you definitely have something else going on (mental fatigue, fogginess, schitzophrenia, etc.. not all of the above just one or a combination of).  In those ways the brain works (or kinda ceases to function within "norms"), that is when people start doing really irrational stuff and you can't expect them to be of sound mind to control a fire arm of any kind like that.  I mean they can, but would I want to be around them? HELL NO! haha.  And these things are more common than you are aware of.

Also I have seen time and time again people that play FPS over glorify these.  Sure FPS is rather harmless and such, but please, be responsible... don't bring it into the real world. Killing in real life is not a game and if you draw a gun on someone, you have to be prepared for it to kill.  This isn't Terminator 2 where you tell the machine to hit people in the legs and they won't die.  In real life, that isn't realistic.  People bleed to death and there are major veins in the legs.  This stuff is meant for killing not just 100% pure self defense.

Now I can't be against owning guns either because what if you are stripped of your guns?  Well the guys in the lower class areas whom already own illegal fire arms (non registered hand guns and fully automatic sub-machine guns which will land you in a Federal prison for what was it 5 years or so? I forgot), well... do you think those guys are going to hand over their guns as easily as you would? nope.  So taking guns away from the citizens will cause some other problems.  Those people would have an easy way to take their illegal guns and start threatening or controlling places that they aren't legally able to.  I mean, it is just my opinion that I have thought about for years.  I don't know if I am right or wrong but that is just how I make it out to be.

Old rig, ftw: Evga 790i FTW, SLI Evga GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 4GB RAM Core2Duo E8400 (parted out, gone)
New rig 8th Generation i7 8700k with GTX 2080ti upgraded from GTX 670 4GB and 64gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB ddr4, some NVME drives and and a couple 480GB SATA III ssds.  Evga 7" Tegra Nvidia quadcore tablet.  Evga Z10 Keyboard

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 04:30:24 (permalink)
Baltothewolf

I would personally concealed carry if I could. Why? Because bad people will do bad things REGARDLESS IF I AM ARMED, OR NOT. It's the same reason I feel better when I have an alarm on my car, or my house locked up at night when I sleep. Precautions. If you give a bad person doubt about their actions, they may be less inclined to commit such action. However, if they still do attempt the action, I want to make sure I give them hell for it (or just straight up stop them). Killing someone (or shooting them) would be ABSOLUTELY last resort for me. I would draw my firearm, but unless then charge me, I would never fire and take someones life. I would much rather not have that conscience when I try to sleep at night (regardless if it was justified or not).

Another irony... In NJ you would go to jail for what you just said.  If you draw your firearm you MUST be in fear of your life, and you HAVE to kill that person.  If you draw your firearm and dont shoot, you were not in fear of your life and you will go to jail for years.  Even though you could detain a person until the cops arrive, NOT kill him, he could get reformed and be productive member of society.  But not in Jersey.  He has to die.  

I personally agree that i would rather draw the gun to detain or even shoot to wound (simply to render them a non-combatant) then end a life.  Some people its their first crime and they just lost there way (think of a teenager who dropped out of school and is just starting down the wrong path).  Others are too far gone.  Id leave it up to the courts to decide but Id rather not send that person to judgement day, just to jail - unless they harm my family.  Then you will atone for your sin.
richj44
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 06:58:05 (permalink)
DStith
richj44
DStith
It's against the law here.  Plus when would you even need a tool for killing people outside in public?  I haven't seen a use for it.

Only when someone tried to kill you first. Hopefully that will never happen, but I'm not going to bet my life or my family's life that it won't. Good luck with your bet.

I have almost been killed multiple times and never needed a gun in any of those situations.  The time I almost got gunned down, the guns were bigger than anything I would have been able to carry anyway and I would have got shot to death anyways.

The guy above, his wildlife argument, that makes sense to me.  Pepper spray isn't going to phase a cougar.  at all.  Only if you are lucky.

Please, tell us about these times you were almost killed and how you managed to escape death. It should be enlightening and helpful to those who choose not to carry.

MSI Z590-A / I5-11400 / 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance RAM / MSI 1660 TI / Viotek GNV32DB monitor / Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb / Seasonic Focus 750 Gold / Saitek Eclipse II keyboard / Samsung DVD Burner / Phanteks Enthoo Pro case / Windows 11 / Nothing overclocked
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 06:59:44 (permalink)
richj44
Please, tell us about these times you were almost killed and how you managed to escape death. It should be enlightening and helpful to those who choose not to carry.

or cant carry due to a lack of "justifiable need" :(
richj44
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 08:13:38 (permalink)
nateman_doo
richj44

or cant carry due to a lack of "justifiable need" :(

Damn, Nate. Didn't know what you were referring to until I just read your other post. Good luck with your appeal, I'll pray it somehow passes. NJ sucks.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 09:09:43 (permalink)
DStith
You're talking about carrying concealed a tool for killing people and you trust that people out there are going to actually not pull it on eachother and wreak havoc?  Get real man.  You probably haven't seen as much as I have seen about people.  People are in general good but there are a lot of nut balls out there that should not EVER be allowed to have a weapon in their possession.  Not all people are good people and there are people that are way too loony.  The way the system is set up now, I can fully guarantee you, has kept weapons away from people that are borderline psychopathic.  Not because they can't walk into a gun store and buy one but because even that step alone as well as whatever else is in their environment does not place a killing tool right in front of them for their disposal.

I can't ever be 100% pro guns but I can't be 100% against it.  I also do agree with the argument about a guy saying he feels sorry for people whom think they need to carry in the way you stated in your post.  The reason being is that a person could feel like they need to carry it because he feels like he can wield it around if someone threatens him in public.  I mean yeah that is illegal to do anyway but when you go out in public, most of the time people aren't going to mess with you anyways.  If you feel like you need it so people won't mess with you, you definitely have something else going on (mental fatigue, fogginess, schitzophrenia, etc.. not all of the above just one or a combination of).  In those ways the brain works (or kinda ceases to function within "norms"), that is when people start doing really irrational stuff and you can't expect them to be of sound mind to control a fire arm of any kind like that.  I mean they can, but would I want to be around them? HELL NO! haha.  And these things are more common than you are aware of.

Also I have seen time and time again people that play FPS over glorify these.  Sure FPS is rather harmless and such, but please, be responsible... don't bring it into the real world. Killing in real life is not a game and if you draw a gun on someone, you have to be prepared for it to kill.  This isn't Terminator 2 where you tell the machine to hit people in the legs and they won't die.  In real life, that isn't realistic.  People bleed to death and there are major veins in the legs.  This stuff is meant for killing not just 100% pure self defense.

Now I can't be against owning guns either because what if you are stripped of your guns?  Well the guys in the lower class areas whom already own illegal fire arms (non registered hand guns and fully automatic sub-machine guns which will land you in a Federal prison for what was it 5 years or so? I forgot), well... do you think those guys are going to hand over their guns as easily as you would? nope.  So taking guns away from the citizens will cause some other problems.  Those people would have an easy way to take their illegal guns and start threatening or controlling places that they aren't legally able to.  I mean, it is just my opinion that I have thought about for years.  I don't know if I am right or wrong but that is just how I make it out to be.

This is a grand opinion to have... So long as you don't try to use the power of the state to force it upon me... I would trust a citizen who open carried or conceal carries over an officer any day... Especially where I live and where my family is from...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

DStith
Superclocked Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 16:44:36 (permalink)
BF3PRO
DStith

This is a grand opinion to have... So long as you don't try to use the power of the state to force it upon me... I would trust a citizen who open carried or conceal carries over an officer any day... Especially where I live and where my family is from...

If you come across people that use crystal meth amphetamine, you'll clearly see what I am talking about.  You want those kinds of wackos carrying concealed weapons?  You don't know what kind of random stuff they will do with it.  And this is a wide spread problem in the USA, not just localized to where I am at.

nateman_doo
Baltothewolf

Another irony... In NJ you would go to jail for what you just said.  If you draw your firearm you MUST be in fear of your life, and you HAVE to kill that person.  If you draw your firearm and dont shoot, you were not in fear of your life and you will go to jail for years.  Even though you could detain a person until the cops arrive, NOT kill him, he could get reformed and be productive member of society.  But not in Jersey.  He has to die.  

I personally agree that i would rather draw the gun to detain or even shoot to wound (simply to render them a non-combatant) then end a life.  Some people its their first crime and they just lost there way (think of a teenager who dropped out of school and is just starting down the wrong path).  Others are too far gone.  Id leave it up to the courts to decide but Id rather not send that person to judgement day, just to jail - unless they harm my family.  Then you will atone for your sin.

yeah it's probably the same here.  I know at least that if you carry a gun somewhere and even show it to someone as a threat or deterrent, your ass is going to get busted by the police (if someone complains anyway, which isn't always the case..most folk don't know the law).
post edited by DStith - 2015/03/27 16:45:48

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 17:42:37 (permalink)
DStith
BF3PRO
DStith

If you come across people that use crystal meth amphetamine, you'll clearly see what I am talking about.  You want those kinds of wackos carrying concealed weapons?  You don't know what kind of random stuff they will do with it.  And this is a wide spread problem in the USA, not just localized to where I am at.

nateman_doo
Baltothewolf

yeah it's probably the same here.  I know at least that if you carry a gun somewhere and even show it to someone as a threat or deterrent, your ass is going to get busted by the police (if someone complains anyway, which isn't always the case..most folk don't know the law).
If they choose to use meth that's there problem but the last thing on their mind will probably be "hey man I need to conceal carry this weapon so I can score some meth money."

DStith
Superclocked Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 22:27:32 (permalink)
BF3PRO
DStith
BF3PRO
DStith

nateman_doo
Baltothewolf

If they choose to use meth that's there problem but the last thing on their mind will probably be "hey man I need to conceal carry this weapon so I can score some meth money."

They use what ever means possible to feed their habit.  But that is just one example.  There's people that don't use drugs that are the same type of confused people, they will probably think about fire arms a bit more than someone that is completely out of it.  Scary enough thought too.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/27 23:03:55 (permalink)
DStith
BF3PRO
DStith
BF3PRO
DStith

nateman_doo
Baltothewolf

They use what ever means possible to feed their habit.  But that is just one example.  There's people that don't use drugs that are the same type of confused people, they will probably think about fire arms a bit more than someone that is completely out of it.  Scary enough thought too.
It scares me that you find that scary... "Scary enough thought." See that's the problem with many things... People are scared of such likely scenarios... The odds of being attacked are very slim you admitted thid yourself but you turn around and say someone willing to do what it takes to get their way... The odds of being attached are slim but I'm ready if I am... So let me ask... If the odds of being attacked by a stranger are small then why worry about someone who is on meth attacking you? This is the same concept... The odds of a method addict attacking you are very small..

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 02:39:58 (permalink)
DStith

(sidenote: We have to calm these MEGA QUOTES or we will get into the TL:DR category.)

The people you listed are called criminals.  They will carry no matter what.  Its the law abiding citizens are what we are referring to.  Its the L.A.C that need to conceal carry to protect themselves from the above criminals who carry so they dont rob you and support their drug habit (just as 1 hypothetical scenario)

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 02:58:57 (permalink)
bill1024

So what you are saying is if you shoot an attacker and he goes down, you have to keep shooting until you are sure he is dead?
Thats crazy talk, please list the law and code number that says that.
Another way. You shoot them and just hit their leg, they turn and run, you have to shoot them in the back several times until they are dead?
I mean they can turn around again and come back at you.
So you say it's ok to shoot them in the back as they run away?
Please name some case law where a person went to jail for not killing someone after they pulled their gun..

you can NEVER shoot in the back.  here is just a small excerpt of the lunacy that is NJ:

http://gunsnfreedom.com/man-faces-jail-time-using-joe-bidens-gun-advice/4771 (not NJ, but same thing would happen)

http://gunsnfreedom.com/gun-control-senator-ban-machetes-in-ny/4574 NJ/NY... same thing
a knee jerk reaction to ban formed pieces of steel

http://gunsnfreedom.com/dear-gun-owners-in-nj-move/4564
arrested.  Could legally carry, but ONLY on duty.

http://gunsnfreedom.com/72-year-old-man-arrested-for-possession-of-antique-flintlock/4546
arrested for possession of a 300 year old flintlock pistol.  Not an uzi.

http://gunsnfreedom.com/0714-single-mother-facing-3-years-in-nj-prison-for-being-honest-about-legal-gun/3345

http://gunsnfreedom.com/13-year-old-suspended-from-nj-school-for-twirling-pencil-hes-making-gun-motions/2595

http://gunsnfreedom.com/nj-anti-gunner-says-that-anyone-with-a-15-round-magazine-is-a-terrorist-or-gangster/2199

http://gunsnfreedom.com/former-marine-faces-charges-for-carrying-a-gun-while-helping-police-during-mall-shooting-in-nj/1605
I actually remember this.  A man started shooting in a HUGE mall, and a former Marine MP tried to aid the police.

http://gunsnfreedom.com/texas-gun-owner-in-prison-for-3-5-years-because-he-took-a-pit-stop-in-nj/323

http://gunsnfreedom.com/nj-senators-on-open-mic-caught-saying-they-need-a-bill-to-confiscate-guns/186

This is just a few posts about the life we live here in Jersey.  EVERY single shooting in NJ is practically a case-by-case basis.  

SO, here is also a snippet of what you asked for:
http://www.newjersey-legal-guide.com/New-Jersey-Self-Defense.html
"There is a duty to retreat first"  If that doesnt say something... then I wont be able to get my point across.  
richj44
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 18:08:23 (permalink)
nateman_doo
DStith

(sidenote: We have to calm these MEGA QUOTES or we will get into the TL:DR category.)

The people you listed are called criminals.  They will carry no matter what.  Its the law abiding citizens are what we are referring to.  Its the L.A.C that need to conceal carry to protect themselves from the above criminals who carry so they dont rob you and support their drug habit (just as 1 hypothetical scenario)

Thank you.  I haven't had time, or a full-sized keyboard available, or I'd have responded to DStith on this earlier.  But attempting to lump owners of concealed carry permits with meth users, or any other criminals, is asinine.  DStith, do yourself a favor and do some research before you go spouting off myths and believing they even remotely resemble facts.  CCW holders in general are among the most responsible and law-abiding citizens in the country, and statistics everywhere back this up.  There's a reason(s) for that.  Please don't go slandering them thoughtlessly just to try to make your weak arguments sound stronger.

clo007
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5274
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 18:22:35 (permalink)
I carry my keys, wallet and phone. I carry them b/c I need them.

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 20:36:52 (permalink)

clo007

You too??   thats all I can carry :)

(oh, and a pocket knife) 
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 20:42:02 (permalink)
oh yea, now that i think of it, even knives are illegal  in Jersey.  

• It is illegal to own any weapon, with the purpose to use it unlawfully against the person or property of another
  • It is illegal for a person convicted of certain crimes (see below) to own a gravity knife, switchblade, dirk, dagger, stiletto, or other dangerous knife
  • It is illegal for certain mentally ill people to own a gravity knife, switchblade, dirk, dagger, stiletto, or other dangerous knife
  • It is illegal to own a gravity knife, switchblade, dirk, dagger, stiletto, or other dangerous knife with any explainable lawful purpose

The New Jersey legislature has defined weapon as anything “readily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury”. It further states that the term includes gravity knives, switchblade knives, daggers, dirks, stilettos, or other “dangerous” knives. In 1982, in State v. Brown, the New Jersey Appellate Court found that a person does not need to intend to use a knife as a weapon in order for it to be considered a dangerous knife, and therefore a weapon. This decision can make it difficult for a person to determine if a particular knife is legal to own, as it could be considered a dangerous knife, even if the owner has no intention of using it to harm another

Way off topic, but MORE NJ insanity. 
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/28 21:26:01 (permalink)
clo007

Ahh sweet! I carry those too! Were like brothers.By the way I also carry a packet of gum, a pen, watch, Oakley shades(when its sunny in Texas), and then some rubbers for protection too.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/03/31 07:02:38 (permalink)
Here is a good recent story were a law abiding gun order saved the day.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/28617490/bank-customer-captures-alleged-bank-robber

Also here is a story from a man who credits his firearm for saving both his life and his wife’s during a scary home invasion that could have been much worse. Instead of crediting his firearm for saving their lives, he should instead credit his decision to arm himself to protect his family. It can be a scary thing when criminals are bored. I suggest people carry in their homes too. I always have my gun 3 feet next to me as well as any other kind of weapon like a knife, baton, or taser.
http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/Armed-Marshall-County-homeowner-repels-would-be-home-invaders-297720321.html?ref=321

Also watch this video about a women's horrible rape in a gun free zone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=531e3d90-0-25fd-81fe-90e6ba613d48&feature=iv&src_vid=LSft-3TEYyI&v=uUDxmVvKNbw

The bottom line is its VERY VERY VERY GOOD to be carrying and with these links I posted, they all are just minor examples of the enormous situations that  prove  you can be carrying not to just help yourself but to help other innocent by-standards.

richj44
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Do you carry? If so what, and why? 2015/04/01 17:55:13 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
Here is a good recent story were a law abiding gun order saved the day.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/28617490/bank-customer-captures-alleged-bank-robber

The bottom line is its VERY VERY VERY GOOD to be carrying and with these links I posted, they all are just minor examples of the enormous situations that  prove  you can be carrying not to just help yourself but to help other innocent by-standards.

Hazman, two things wrong with that particular link.  1) The "hero" of the story wasn't actually carrying.  He went to his vehicle and got his gun from the vehicle, then chased down the would be bank robber.  And more importantly, 2) The "hero" of the story is a freakin' idiot.  That's law enforcement's job, plain and simple.  The citizen was totally out of harm's way, in fact, if the story is correct, at that point the robber wasn't a threat to him or to anyone else, but he then went and intentionally put himself back *in* harm's way to arrest someone making off with the bank's money?  The would be robber never even showed a weapon.  I would not be at all surprised to find that there's more to the story and the guy who did that may end up facing some charges himself.  It may not go to trial, but he sure as heck opened up a can of worms he didn't need to open.

Concealed carry isn't a license to turn yourself into a law enforcement officer.  It's a means to protect yourself as a last resort.  And that's how the law looks at it.
post edited by richj44 - 2015/04/01 17:56:30

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 6
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile