Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
2015/03/26 07:36:25 (permalink)
Remember a few months ago when ISIS threatened US service members and their families?  Well I took it upon myself to take the threat somewhat serious and I applied for a CCW, and it was denied.  For those of you who do not know, NJ gun laws are in the top 5 strictest in the nation.  

The state has a "justifiable need" where I have to prove that I was publicly threatened (which I printed the US Army bulletin outlining the threat, and the State Police bulletin that said the same thing) and it wasn't specific enough for me to carry.  Its kind of like "your not allowed to carry an umbrella until AFTER it rains", or "you don't need a parachute until you have fallen out of the plane."  In any case here is a video which I think will outline the lunacy of NJ gun laws.

Its thought among NJ bureaucrats, that a thug will verbally threaten you - do you no harm, allow you to go home and apply for a CCW, so if he sees you again then its fair game.  So they won't allow you to carry until AFTER you have been threatened.   (I guess me and other service members being threatened wasn't enough) 

So despite everyone telling me I will fail, I figured I had nothing to loose if that was the case anyway right?  

Here is some excerpts from my Justifiable need letter:

As written in the Constitution of the United States of America, I am endowed by my creator with the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  As a commissioned officer of the United States Army for 18 years (and of the State of NJ) whom has faithfully defended the US Constitution and all of its amendments, my right to life has now been publicly threatened by various terrorist organizations (see attached e-mail from the Office of Emergency Management of the US Army & NJ State Police bulletin).

While serving overseas I was provided with the means to defend myself and my fellow soldiers.  I am now defenseless in a state that I have served faithfully for almost 2 decades.   Since I and my family have now been publicly threatened, I am in fear of my life and now justified to protect myself from any armed assailant or terrorist organization that has shown the gruesome depths that they will go to do to kill soldiers.

It is shown that terrorist organizations will attack soldiers in broad daylight and murder by any means at their disposal (22 May 2013 – Murder of Lee Rigby, 22 October 2014 – Patrice Vincent), so I have to maintain a heightened state of awareness.  I have easily identifiable features such as a short military regulation haircut, a post decal - a required sticker emblazoned on the windshield of my vehicles that states I am a Govt employee and where I work, which then I could be followed and attacked at any place at any time, like picking up my daughters from day care.

Either through direct confrontation or abduction, I could be used as a bargaining chip to which the US Government will not negotiate with terrorists and my life will be ended in horrific fashion and uploaded to various social media platforms for my wife and two very young daughters to watch, and to inspire more shock and awe acts of terrorism here in the US.  

I ask to lawfully give me the ability to keep my family safe outside of my home and in the state I have lived in all my life.  The army has trained me for many years on safe firearms practices, experience, and rules of engagement.  Since the Supreme court ruled that individuals have no right to expect protection from the police (Castle Rock V. Gonzales, No. 04-278) and the police do not have a duty to provide police services to individuals (Warren v. District of Columbia), I am solely responsible for my own immediate safety, and the safety of my family when outside of my home in NJ.  

Everyone I know told me it was a lost cause, and I accepted this.  However I am not one to give up without even trying.  I knew I didn't have a "specific threat" until that ISIS threat actually came out, so I figured I would run with it, and I did.  Promptly shot down.  So I now have 30 days to appeal the decision - which didn't even make it to the court system, the state police agency turned it down.

The process required forms in triplicate, notarized, letters of recommendations, (other actual legit background checks), passport photos, NRA pistol safety courses ($200), range qualification scores ($100), and the actual cost of the application itself which went from $20, up to $50 MID APPLICATION

So to the rest of you in the other 40some states, ENJOY your second amendment freedoms.  I hope you appreciate how sweet they really taste.  

55 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 07:48:45 (permalink)
    Truly sad .... 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    srtie4k
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1589
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 08:05:28 (permalink)
    I take it judging by your post that you're in the military and cannot just simply move?

Gaming Rig:
    Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    Steambox/HTPC:
    Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 08:06:15 (permalink)
    Have to prove you were "publicly threatened"! After the fact, if ur were personally or publicly threatened, "I see this as "emotionally point of conflict" of sorts. Someone getting a cow, after being threatened, I'd feel be emotionally less stable and poor're judgement...
    jeffro66
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6912
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 08:09:11 (permalink)
    yea I am sorry for you that is crap this country is in the crapper !!!!

case;Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full Tower  i9-12900ks MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI kingston fury beast 64gig rgb ddr5
     lian li 360b galahad aio
     ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
    ,super flower 1000 platinium power supply,wd black M.2 2TB NVMe,windows11 -LG ultragear 38 inch ips monitor 
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 08:18:05 (permalink)
    Washington, Lincoln, JFK, Churchill,Patton, Roosevelt, FDR and Regan are rolling over in their graves....
    post edited by knightsilver - 2015/03/26 08:20:13
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 09:16:46 (permalink)
    I just got finished reading the other carry thread.  I didn't even see it while typing this up, probably would have posted it there had I noticed it, but this is more of the denial of that same constitutional right that those thread members are exercising (even if some other forum members don't agree).  

It was hard to choke down the reality that I will never be able to fully protect my family to the best extent that I can because I am not allowed to carry the tools to do so.  What good is a mechanic without tools?  

Some in the other thread said firearms are a tool & I completely agree.  Weapons are tools.  Some will disagree, but the fundamentals are there.  You "can" kill someone with your bare hands right?  If I kick and stomp on someone they could die.  I could also open a coconut if I kicked and stomped on it (theoretically).  But, if I take a tool - say a hammer and beat on the coconut, its opened MUCH faster.  a tool is defined as: a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.  That particular function is throwing projectiles at a high rate of speed.

If someone is attacking me, I could beat them to death with my bare hands.  What if that person is armed?  He now has a tool to use against me.  A hammer is a tool to put nails in.  A screwdriver is a tool to put screws in.  (both could be used as weapons as well)  A firearm is a tool to throw a projectile at high speeds.  We all know what happened on that fateful BC day when David threw a projectile right?  He won.

Where you direct that projectile and why you send that projectile is where things get complicated.  A slingshot can throw a projectile (also illegal in NJ), but when someone is running down on you, you can't exactly pull out your slingshot, load a 3/8" steel bearing and let it fly as easily as un-holstering a sidearm and pulling a trigger - with the same effect assuming both make contact with the aggressors head.  Both are tools, but the firearm is a far better and more efficient tool for eliminating threats.  That makes many people uneasy.    Is it easier to hunt and kill a dear with an AR-15, over a bow and arrow right?  Firearms were the next stage in tool evolution.  

Native American's used the bow and arrow (a tool to them) to hunt.  Gunpowder proved to be the next advancement and gave us flatter trajectories, higher velocities of a projectile, (not until "recently") the ability to fire multiple projectiles continuously, and another important benefit...standoff distance.  With a firearm you can take out a dangerous predator at a safe distance (be it a 2 legged, or 4 legged) and keep trying until that danger is in close proximity to you.  A 120 lbs woman with a gun can drop a 300 lbs linebacker outside of his arms reach.

Now if I am attacked I only have my own body and whatever tool at arms length to dispatch said aggressor.  As for the anti gun folks, how do you stop someone with a gun intent on causing you harm?  You call the cops.  Why? because cops have guns and you dont.  Facts are facts - people with guns (cops) are always called to end situations started by other people with guns, unless a weapon malfunction or they run out of bullets and they can be subdued.  

The only way to stop someone with a gun, is to use a gun on them (or allow your body to be a bullet stop).  So why do you think pro-gun people feel the way they do?  How long does it take the cops to come to you.  Minutes right?  How fast can you un-holster a weapon and send a 9mm projectile traveling @ 1100fps down?  Seconds.  That is why they carry.  The cool headed keen sense of surrounding allow you to avoid confrontation, but if the thug wants to kill you, you are the only one who can stop them right then and there.  

There used to be a saying we used overseas, something like the enemy has more say-so about the fight then we do.  Meaning that they will choose the time and place of the ambush, all we can do is prepare ourselves for it.  Keen observation and a cool head are great for everyone, but that won't neutralize the threat if your getting shot at.  Return a heaver volume of more accurate fire is the only way - or running, which could still get you shot in the back.

Sorry for the long rant.  My desire to carry to protect my family outside my home is now denied so I am as defenseless as the anti-gun people who choose not to exercise their constitutional right.

wrinvert
    R.I.P Friend
    • Total Posts : 3751
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 09:21:48 (permalink)
    Nate I'm just over the river in pa, come join the light side. I walk in fill out a standard background check, same form as buying a firearm basically and wait 2 weeks and $40 done. Plus we have all the cool toys here too.

nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 09:24:09 (permalink)
    srtie4k
    I take it judging by your post that you're in the military and cannot just simply move?

Is there anything simple about moving?  I have a home, kids in school etc.  Plus you could carry in this state at one point.  The Constitution was written and signed around 80 miles from my house.  You could keep and bear arms back then.  I don't know when exactly NJ rights were chipped away over the years, but why should I have to move when a few miles down the road in PA they can carry?  What makes them any different from us? 

Moving isnt the answer (though I will likely retire out of state to a more gun friendly state),its about your rights under the second amendment.
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 09:26:36 (permalink)
    wrinvert
    Nate I'm just over the river in pa, come join the light side. I walk in fill out a standard background check, same form as buying a firearm basically and wait 2 weeks and $40 done. Plus we have all the cool toys here too.

maybe one day my friend.  It may just come down to that.  
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 09:48:49 (permalink)
    nateman_doo
    srtie4k

Is there anything simple about moving?  I have a home, kids in school etc.  Plus you could carry in this state at one point.  The Constitution was written and signed around 80 miles from my house.  You could keep and bear arms back then.  I don't know when exactly NJ rights were chipped away over the years, but why should I have to move when a few miles down the road in PA they can carry?  What makes them any different from us? 

Moving isnt the answer (though I will likely retire out of state to a more gun friendly state),its about your rights under the second amendment.

For the value of your home you can move elsewhere and get a better home in a better state.  I grew up most my life in NJ and moved to WA and I wish I had moved here when I was a kid.  I studied in the environmental sciences at Rutgers and NJ has the most number of toxic waste sites, not proportional to its size, just in sheer quantity.  It truly has earned the name of being the cancer state.  Even people living up in Sussex county have had their water supplies contaminated with PCE, an odorless liquid that quickly causes cancer.  The mouth of every river also has enough toxic contaminants in the sediments to eventually kill you just by touching it since the contaminants are lipid soluble and carcinogens.  Do the right thing and move your family out of that state.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 10:02:09 (permalink)
    Oh I know I could live like a king in another state.  But I also lost about 100K in value to my house just because the market crash.  Not selling the house with a 100K loss.  

I will file an appeal, and if I ever get abducted, my wife is instructed to sue the state for everything.  

My apologies in advance to NJ taxpayers since they will sadly get the bill.  
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 12:32:04 (permalink)
    I didn't know it was that bad there Nateman. I have relatives that live in the state, but their not gun people. You would think that our military members would catch a bit of slack. I mean you go through the training and all. If people can satisfy requirements, I don't understand why they couldn't be allowed this right.
    AnonymousGuy
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 452
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 13:53:02 (permalink)
    Courts are fortunately starting to sway against states like yours who insist on may-issue.  I find democrats amusing...they'll use arguments like "but 20 other states have blocked the death penalty / allow marijuana / assisted suicide / abortion / whatever else is on the agenda" so we should too.  Meanwhile 40+ states are shall-issue and they conveniently ignore that majority: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_State_Concealed_Carry.png

"Oh hey yeah about your first amendment rights...yeah you can only exercise them underwater".  People would freak the crap out about that but when it comes to a gun, logic just flies out the window.

Workstation:  12900KF @ 5.2Ghz || MSI Pro-A Z690 DDR4|| EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || G.Skill 3866 4x8GB || Corsair AX1200i || whole-house loop.
    Mining Box: HP Prodesk G1 (Haswell 4590), 3x Gigabyte 3080Ti, AX1500i @ 240V.
    LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.
    Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i || whole-house loop.
    Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA 3060 || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.
    Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Int
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 13:54:54 (permalink)
    I'd rather take my chances in the Bronx or Road Island vs NJ.....
    Punchy
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2969
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 15:07:02 (permalink)
    Any active military member should be allowed to carry arms off-base - certainly you are more deserving than many other folks.  I think you should appeal.

However, was that really the right justification to send in?  It sounds like some sort of right-wing manifesto in places.  If it's true that state police are the first to review it, wouldn't it be better to write it to appeal to them at a person-to-person level rather than writing it like you were arguing to the Supreme Court?  They might not have gotten past the first sentence before pigeonholing you.   If they made it to the end, you then insulted them by basically saying police are useless.

If you do appeal, I'd avoid quoting constitutional rights and case law, and stick to simple facts: you are active military, readily identifiable by required means, under an active threat from terrorists, and want to protect yourself and your family.

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 17:11:32 (permalink)
    AnonymousGuy
    Courts are fortunately starting to sway against states like yours who insist on may-issue.  I find democrats amusing...they'll use arguments like "but 20 other states have blocked the death penalty / allow marijuana / assisted suicide / abortion / whatever else is on the agenda" so we should too.  Meanwhile 40+ states are shall-issue and they conveniently ignore that majority: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_State_Concealed_Carry.png

"Oh hey yeah about your first amendment rights...yeah you can only exercise them underwater".  People would freak the crap out about that but when it comes to a gun, logic just flies out the window.
    I honestly don't have a problem with the majority being ignored... This country is not supposed to be run by the majority...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 17:21:08 (permalink)
    It boils down to being a SUPER specific threat.  Probably with a restraining order involved, criminal pasts of the person, motive, means etc...  Again its like requesting to carry a parachute in a plane.  Well have you been in a plane crash?  no?  then no you cannot carry one.  

The reason military isn't "supposed" to carry as you describe it is the Posse Comitatus Act which forbids federal troops from acting as domestic law enforcement.  Carrying off duty has to be my right as a citizen.  During Hurricane Katrina the federal soldiers were mobilized but not allowed to be armed vs their Guard counterparts were allowed to carry their service weapons since they belong to the state.  
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 17:22:12 (permalink)
    BF3PRO

I honestly don't have a problem with the majority being ignored... This country is not supposed to be run by the majority...

Dont you mean minority? 
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 17:26:45 (permalink)
    Punchy

If you do appeal, I'd avoid quoting constitutional rights and case law, and stick to simple facts: you are active military, readily identifiable by required means, under an active threat from terrorists, and want to protect yourself and your family.

Strangely enough, self defense does NOT qualify in this state.  I wouldn't say we as soldiers are more "deserving".. just simply better trained.  Its a right that every citizen of this nation has, not a privilege that I earned.  A VA loan is a privilege that I earn as a solider, or military discounts at stores.  Those are privileges.  

Carrying a weapon is a grassroots thing.  NJ was the 3rd State to ratify the Constitution.  Ironic how it is now vehemently against the freedoms granted by that very same document.  
    loveha
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10497
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 20:16:51 (permalink)
    Makes me glad to live in the state I do, Michigan being the state. As a matter of fact, sometime next year, they are not even allowed to ask you why you think you need one. As long as you pass the tests and background check, you get it.
    Currently, you have to go before a panel, and they get to ask you questions. Once the new bill goes into effect, there is no more board. Once that happens, I am going to apply for mine.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
    GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
    PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
    Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
    Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
    Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/26 20:27:03 (permalink)
    Geez, Nateman.  I read the title and wasn't exactly sure what I'd find in here....

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 03:26:27 (permalink)

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 04:46:54 (permalink)
    Well,Nate, in NJ its always "who you know and who you.... orally satisfy." Ive found that to be the case in a lot of things and if I could help you in this case I would. I don't know any ranking state police, state police patrolman yes and various county officials, but it sounds like your up north where I couldn't help ya really. I worked with a couple people that ended up in state assembly that were Reps but ones a woman and the other isn't big on guns so that's out too. If any opportunities come my way ill let ya know asap though. :)

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 06:05:48 (permalink)
    I had a state trooper (also a CPT), and a local cop (NCO), and MP (1LT) as my 3 references.  Still didn't help.  I am most disturbed that it didn't even MAKE it to the judge.  How is a threat against the military not "specific" enough when one is IN the military?  
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 06:11:52 (permalink)
    Wow what a bummer.

Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10630
    • Ribbons : 29
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 10:55:26 (permalink)
    I am certainly glad to live in Texas which is a "Shall" issue state.  We also have quite a few advantages of having a CHL.  When I go to purchase a new gun, I don't have to endure the background check, I just show my CHL and walk out with my new gun.  Not to mention, that many state troopers will often let you off with a warning for traffic violations if you have one.  That's because they know that you have already been vetted by the state and are known "NOT" to be a criminal.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 11:37:27 (permalink)
    nateman_doo
    BF3PRO

Dont you mean minority? 
    No, because tyranny of the majority is BAD... A democracy is where majority rules and there are collective rights, we are a republic. A republic focuses on individual rights. If the majority decides they don't like guns they can't vote to ban them... Our founding fathers were genius... Think about it... How worse off would we be if there was a mob rule here? I hate it that you can't carry and I'm hoping things change, but never ever hope for a majority rule system here... If that happens no more individual rights just collective rights...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/27 11:41:53 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    nateman_doo
    BF3PRO

Dont you mean minority? 
    No, because tyranny of the majority is BAD... A democracy is where majority rules and there are collective rights, we are a republic. A republic focuses on individual rights. If the majority decides they don't like guns they can't vote to ban them... Our founding fathers were genius... Think about it... How worse off would we be if there was a mob rule here? I hate it that you can't carry and I'm hoping things change, but never ever hope for a majority rule system here... If that happens no more individual rights just collective rights...

What the heck BF3.....I actually agree with you 100% here.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

rblaes_99
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1951
    • Ribbons : 15
    Re: CCW failed. NJ blows. 2015/03/31 06:04:29 (permalink)
    Nate,

They are hanging up on it being a general threat and not a specific individualized threat.  It is specific to military and families... but that is still a couple million of us.  And don't forget the way many view us VETs.  The fact that are well trained does not exactly make the bureaucrats feel safer about us being armed in their presence.

In fact, I wonder if you would have left out your military background if you would have had a better shot.

Bottom line, I wouldn't live in NJ unless I had too....  and if I had too, there would probably be a very small and highly concealable single stack firearm on me that nobody would ever know about.  (unless I needed it)

Also, speaking of specific threats against military.  I can't carry on base either.  Ft. Mead had a hit today correct?  This is happening over and over.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile