EVGA

EVGA Z97 FTW - New build will startup with no screen and won't reach post.

Author
gscualo
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/06 17:23:49 (permalink)
Hi.

I've just get a new Evga z97 FTW, every power cable and device has been set and re-checked, however the mobo seems to get enough power to startup but it is unable to get post and show anything by hdmi. Again, everything is well connected. I've researched this issue on the web and found interesting additional steps which I've checked, but the issue still persists.

The mobo and fans are receiving power and it will startup, however the post code C is present, and all VDs and LEDs indicators looks like a X-Mas tree since they are all on. As a reference the mobo won't be turned off until I press the power button for 5 secs, but it will restart by itself continuously. I've checked the processor, it is well set and again power cables are properly plugged. Also remove memory dims and remove everything but the system stays on the issue.

I think this might be caused by dirt golden contacts on the CPU so I will clean them later, and I'll see.

I am attaching a shot of the current state of the new motherboard for a better reference.

This is my first EVGA mobo, and I do really appreciate the advise of someone who handled successfully this issue before please.

Thanks guys.
post edited by gscualo - 2015/03/06 17:39:24

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

_JamesR
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 253
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Z97 FTW - New build will startup with no screen and won't reach post. 2015/03/06 17:58:23 (permalink)
    C is usually caused by either not installing the CPU power connectors on the board, or a bad CPU in and of itself. Can you confirm that the 8 pin CPU power connection at the top of the board is connected? The picture only shows the main 24 pin power connection. With no RAM, you should be getting post code 55.

EVGA Z97 Classified w/ i7 4790 | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite | 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0 | EVGA 1000w G2 | Samsung EVO 840 120GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 3TB | 3x WD 2TB (Raid-5) | Corsair H100i GTX | 3x Asus VS278P-Q 27" 1080p 1ms GTG monitor (surround) | 1 Monoprice 28" 4K 5ms GTG (accessory)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile