X3/X5 debounce time in firmware?

Author
thrillhausz
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/04 17:34:30 (permalink)
Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing an X3/5 as there is currently a lack of mice on the market that fit the following criteria:

-lightweight ambidextrous form factor
-optical sensor without prediction or acceleration
-side buttons
-low click latency

My current mouse, the Zowie AM, fits the first three criteria but the time it takes to register button inputs is upwards of 15ms longer than other mice due to a liberal debounce time setting in the firmware. This is an issue that has been brought to light in the hardware community relatively recently. EDIT: Link to thread on overclock.net is blocked, but for those interested you can google "mouse button lag comparison".

The X3/5 also satisfy the first three criteria and look quite promising, but since they are a newly released product, there isn't any information available yet on click latency. So my question to any staff that may participate on this forum is, what is the debounce setting in the firmware and are there any plans to update the configuration software to allow adjustment of this setting? I used to use a Coolermaster mouse that allowed me to adjust my debounce setting from 250us to 32ms. This I think is the best way to handle debounce as it allows users to find the lowest possible setting that does not result in accidental double clicks. For any owners of the X3/5, have you compared the click latency to other mice (for example using human benchmark)?

post edited by thrillhausz - 2015/03/04 17:43:33

1 Reply Related Threads

Brightmist
    • Total Posts : 44
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X3/X5 debounce time in firmware? 2015/03/13 16:37:09 (permalink)
    Comparing it to my Xornet fw55 (which has one of the lowest debounces in biz), there was a 10-15ms difference.
    I'd say it's average but could be, should be better with future firmware updates.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile