EVGA

Uninstall AI SUITE II from non-ASUS Board

Author
FCaltrider
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/01 12:54:51 (permalink)
Recently, my Asus motherboard went kaput. It was a Z77 board which I loved. My fault, I accidentally plugged an USB device into a 1394 port on the motherboard. Manual makes it very clear if you do this, you will probably damage your board and I did.

Anyway, the availability of Asus Z77 boards is very scarce. Even places like Tigerdirect.claim to have them in supply but when you go to order they were out. I purchased an Arock board instead which I found at Micro Center.

I crossed my fingers and hoped that plugging in my old boot hard drive into the new motherboard would work with some modifications to the drivers. For the most part it seems to have worked. However, AI SUITE II still shows up as an installed program and when I go to try to uninstall it, the uninstall doesn't work. I see there are programs to clean up Asus software but they tell you to do an uninstall first then run their software in safe mode.

I know some install programs give you the option of installing, repairing, or uninstalling the software if it is already on your computer. So I tried running the install program and because it detects my motherboard is not an Asus motherboard it stops.

It wasn't my choice to move away from ASUS but I didn't want to buy all new hardware when I could still find a Z77 motherboard.

I know because I made a major hardware change I will also have to reactivate Windows 8.1 But it's annoying to have software installed and who knows what else because I have had to switch to a new motherboard.

Can you help me get rid of a program that doesn't work with my current motherboard? Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Uninstall AI SUITE II from non-ASUS Board 2015/03/01 14:48:59 (permalink)
    FCaltrider
    Recently, my Asus motherboard went kaput. It was a Z77 board which I loved. My fault, I accidentally plugged an USB device into a 1394 port on the motherboard. Manual makes it very clear if you do this, you will probably damage your board and I did.

Anyway, the availability of Asus Z77 boards is very scarce. Even places like Tigerdirect.claim to have them in supply but when you go to order they were out. I purchased an Arock board instead which I found at Micro Center.

I crossed my fingers and hoped that plugging in my old boot hard drive into the new motherboard would work with some modifications to the drivers. For the most part it seems to have worked. However, AI SUITE II still shows up as an installed program and when I go to try to uninstall it, the uninstall doesn't work. I see there are programs to clean up Asus software but they tell you to do an uninstall first then run their software in safe mode.

I know some install programs give you the option of installing, repairing, or uninstalling the software if it is already on your computer. So I tried running the install program and because it detects my motherboard is not an Asus motherboard it stops.

It wasn't my choice to move away from ASUS but I didn't want to buy all new hardware when I could still find a Z77 motherboard.

I know because I made a major hardware change I will also have to reactivate Windows 8.1 But it's annoying to have software installed and who knows what else because I have had to switch to a new motherboard.

Can you help me get rid of a program that doesn't work with my current motherboard? Thanks

Try using the Revo Uninstaller and force the uninstall of the ASUS software. After doing that it should remove the application and you should restart your system. Then use any preferred registry cleaner to get rid of any lagging entries.

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Uninstall AI SUITE II from non-ASUS Board 2015/03/02 06:33:48 (permalink)
    While I give two thumbs up to Revo Uninstaller, AI Suite embeds itself so deeply into the OS that it will not remove the associated Windows Services and the files and folders associated with AI Suite..You will need to do that manually if AI Suite Cleaner won't run/work for you on your Asrock system..If it did run/clean up AI Suite leftovers, then you're good to go..But you need to check in Program Files(x86) to see if the associated folders remain and also in services.msc to see if the AI Suite Services have been stopped and removed.

If AI Suite Cleaner would not run for you on your Asrock system, the active/running Windows Services that remain would be ASUS Com Service, ASUS HM Com Service and AsusFanControlService..Also left behind would be the Program Files(x86) -> ASUS -> AAHM, AXSP, AI Suite, AsusFanControlService and GPUBoostCom folders associated with a full install of AI Suite..Running the AI Suite Cleaner Tool (if it even worked on your Asrock board) would remove all that leftover garbage though.

If those Windows Services do not get stopped and removed and are still active/running (consequently not allowing you to delete the AI Suite folders), they could interfere/cause problems with other programs you have/will install..If they're still there, you need to muck around and manually remove them, which isn't difficult, just a little advanced.

If the AI Suite Cleaner did not work for you and your Asrock board, you need to open services.msc and first stop the AI Suite Sevices, then right-click and disable them in Properties..Then reboot and delete the folders..Then run CCleaner Free and keep scanning/deleting registry entries until no more issues exist, and reboot again..Then verify the AI Suite Services are gonzo in services.msc..Then you can delete the Program Files(x86) -> ASUS folder.
    post edited by bob16314 - 2015/03/02 06:43:44

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile