And that's the end of it!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 21
Author
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 51
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/26 18:31:34 (permalink)
"somewhat deployed" is all good until you have someone in that seat die when it "somewhat deploys". If you'd had a passenger the size of my girlfriend in it during a more serious accident they might actually have died because she's so small. (<100lbs and short)

That is absolutely unacceptable, I agree with the notion of getting a lawyer on this. 

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/26 19:00:44 (permalink)
notfordman
RushXTC
This is from the 2nd dealership I visited, after the first one gave me the same run around. So no.

But these issues can be fixed at any Ford dealership.

Of course it can, they will have to order the module. This would have been part of the insurance to begin with.

I'm assuming you don't understand the issue. The issue is NOT getting it fixed, But why something that's used for safety, Isn't functioning correctly and could possibly lead to a death... But since the insurance can fix it, Let's let it slide! Maybe we'll be lucky enough and not have any deaths because of something that could have been prevented.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/26 19:16:53 (permalink)
They have video of the accident for the racers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysS1Ts78KDs

Driver was 21 years old, Most likely going to face 25 to life.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/26 21:54:54 (permalink)
Violence.
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1913
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 05:44:38 (permalink)
How the .... does that guy not know a airbag is supposed to fully deploy? he would have said to me " im about done with the conversation" and my reply would have been " and your job to, my lawyer will be in touch".

get a lawyer and hand him his backside. no reason should a customer EVER be talked to like that when they are looking and showing the tech a failed part under warranty. 
ARCTIC_EAGLE
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5257
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 06:46:21 (permalink)
RushXTC

the scumbag should spend the rest of his life in prison or just be executed, what a waste of space.

kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 08:51:20 (permalink)
Rush, call Ford. If they don't take care of you. Get a lawyer, report everything and we'll go on a media blitz. I'll even call Ford, we all should call Ford and tell them to fix your car. We'll post everywhere we can and Ford will be sorry they 1) Released a car that has a flawed air bag system 2) The ABS gets confused. Like Halo said, their could have been someone's loved one in that seat and lost their life.
post edited by kram36 - 2015/02/27 08:53:35
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 13:34:39 (permalink)
kram36
Rush, call Ford. If they don't take care of you. Get a lawyer, report everything and we'll go on a media blitz. I'll even call Ford, we all should call Ford and tell them to fix your car. We'll post everywhere we can and Ford will be sorry they 1) Released a car that has a flawed air bag system 2) The ABS gets confused. Like Halo said, their could have been someone's loved one in that seat and lost their life.

Maybe this would be a better place to start:         https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Go ask at GM and Toyota if these guys can be a force to change Corporate double talk.  Ok, even if they can be slow, this is a current issue with safety of cars in this country - getting better attention.

excerpt 1:

"Welcome to SaferCar.gov, where you can identify and report problems you might be having with your vehicle, tires, equipment or car seats. If you think you have a problem, we want you to tell us about it. We are the Office of Defects Investigation, or ODI. We are a part of the U.S. DOT's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the nation's only agency authorized to conduct defect investigations and administer safety recalls on everything from vehicles and equipment to tires and child safety seats. Our engineers and investigators look into problems you report to help ensure you and others stay safe on our nation's roads and highways."
excerpt 2:
"Why your complaint is importantYour complaint information will be entered into NHTSA-ODI's vehicle owner's complaint database and used with other complaints to determine if a safety-related defect trend exists. More...
How Your complaint is Handled
  • We protect your privacy. We do not share your personal information with the general public. Your complaint will be added to a public NHTSA database only after we remove all information from complaint fields that identify you personally. More...
The Privacy Act of 1974 - Public Law 93-579, As Amended: This information is requested pursuant to the authority vested in the National Highway Traffic Safety Act and subsequent amendments. You are under no obligation to respond to this questionnaire. Your response maybe used to assist the NHTSA in determining whether a manufacturer should take appropriate action to correct a safety defect. If the NHTSA proceeds with administration enforcement or litigation against a manufacturer, your response, or statistical summary thereof, may be used in support of the agency's action."

post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/02/27 13:40:30

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 13:39:26 (permalink)
Cool GTX
kram36

Maybe this would be a better place to start:         https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
excerpt:

"Welcome to SaferCar.gov, where you can identify and report problems you might be having with your vehicle, tires, equipment or car seats. If you think you have a problem, we want you to tell us about it. We are the Office of Defects Investigation, or ODI. We are a part of the U.S. DOT's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the nation's only agency authorized to conduct defect investigations and administer safety recalls on everything from vehicles and equipment to tires and child safety seats. Our engineers and investigators look into problems you report to help ensure you and others stay safe on our nation's roads and highways."

Maybe you missed this?

kram36
Call Ford 1-800-392-3673, give them one last time to make things right. If they don't settle this for you, tell them it's lawyer time and reports to NHSTA and IIHS. I would also toss in the abs system not working properly and that will be reported too. Didn't you also mention your buddy riding in the seat sustained injuries because the air bag didn't deploy properly?

They don't want this headache and would be much cheaper for them to accommodate you request.

I had a buddy that forced GM to put a whole new motor in his car with just an arbitrary setting

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 13:42:02 (permalink)
kram36
Cool GTX
kram36

excerpt:

Maybe you missed this?

kram36
Call Ford 1-800-392-3673, give them one last time to make things right. If they don't settle this for you, tell them it's lawyer time and reports to NHSTA and IIHS. I would also toss in the abs system not working properly and that will be reported too. Didn't you also mention your buddy riding in the seat sustained injuries because the air bag didn't deploy properly?

They don't want this headache and would be much cheaper for them to accommodate you request.

I had a buddy that forced GM to put a whole new motor in his car with just an arbitrary setting

OK +1

File the report; we need to make sure no one turns a blind eye to Airbags or ABS; may just safe a life.
post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/02/27 13:43:29

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

evilmustang66
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1598
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 13:54:24 (permalink)
all heck still waiting on ford to get airbags for my brothers 04 ford ranger takata bags the kind that like to blow on their own have recall letter still nothing done yet

as for you rush call the safecar people report that issue of airbag and call ford direct number to file a complaint

on the other hand all speedster here http://drivingdynamics.com/ go to this driving school they use your vehicle I saw them in my local area on airport property with a track setup including the emergency crew with them they do very good advance driving skills class I will be checking into them for my self.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81289  

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 14:14:31 (permalink)
Is it too much that I dont think companies should be forced to provide airbags and seat belts in their vehicles?

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

clo007
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5274
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 14:20:49 (permalink)
ARCTIC_EAGLE
RushXTC

the scumbag should spend the rest of his life in prison or just be executed, what a waste of space.

Yep. SO should the guy in the GTR for racing a Mustang.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 14:25:09 (permalink)
BF3PRO
Is it too much that I dont think companies should be forced to provide airbags and seat belts in their vehicles?

They are very necessary. What kills people is their body impacting into the car. Those not smart enough to wear a seat belt, might get saved by an air bag.

I witnessed a Pontiac Grand Am get from the side in the front passenger fender. The driver wasn't wearing a seat belt, pulled her right out of the drivers seat, over the center console and it dumped her complete body into the passenger foot-well. A Chevy pickup hit her at less then 30 mph. When I got to her, she was knocked out cold and shacking like someone having a seizure and bleeding from several spots.
post edited by kram36 - 2015/02/27 14:26:42
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 14:37:03 (permalink)
kram36
BF3PRO

They are very necessary. What kills people is their body impacting into the car. Those not smart enough to wear a seat belt, might get saved by an air bag.

I witnessed a Pontiac Grand Am get from the side in the front passenger fender. The driver wasn't wearing a seat belt, pulled her right out of the drivers seat, over the center console and it dumped her complete body into the passenger foot-well. A Chevy pickup hit her at less then 30 mph. When I got to her, she was knocked out cold and shacking like someone having a seizure and bleeding from several spots.
They maybe necessary but think of how much more innovative they would be if they weren't forced... They could be an add on... Maybe more comfortable (seat belts) and airbagsight advance into something better and more effective...

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 14:40:47 (permalink)
BF3PRO
kram36
BF3PRO

They maybe necessary but think of how much more innovative they would be if they weren't forced... They could be an add on... Maybe more comfortable (seat belts) and airbagsight advance into something better and more effective...

Nah, it needed to be enforced. We would be driving cars without seat belts/air bags with 150 hp getting 10 mpg if car companies didn't have rules to follow.
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 14:43:42 (permalink)
kram36
BF3PRO
kram36
BF3PRO

Nah, it needed to be enforced. We would be driving cars without seat belts/air bags with 150 hp getting 10 mpg if car companies didn't have rules to follow.
I disagree but its off topic... Anyways, how big are side airbags once deployed?

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 15:23:02 (permalink)
BF3PRO

Are you OK with collapsible steering columns and hoods that crumple instead of coming straight back and beheading the driver or crushing their sternum with the steering wheel?

Innovation is driven by : greed, need and government love.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 15:55:11 (permalink)
Cool GTX
BF3PRO

Are you OK with collapsible steering columns and hoods that crumple instead of coming straight back and beheading the driver or crushing their sternum with the steering wheel?

Innovation is driven by : greed, need and government love.
LOL no not government love... Yes if I or someone else decides not to have airbags that their decision of they get decapitated so be it...

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 16:44:05 (permalink)
BF3 what you need my friend is a nice Model A, no saftey features at all, even the glass breaks into shards
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 16:52:01 (permalink)
Kram, I called the phone # and explained what happened and they gave me a case #, They told me that is a safety issue and they will put the regional manager in contact with me on Monday or Tuesday.

Let's see what happens.

Btw, Read the comments : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-uMSm7ih0

post edited by RushXTC - 2015/02/27 16:56:37

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2232
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 17:35:31 (permalink)
What is up with that John C. guy? Maybe that troll needs to get a life. What a complete and udder waste of oxygen. This why I do not like social media. Too many biased people with 25% of the information but 100% of the opinion and need to voice it.

RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 17:43:21 (permalink)
That John C response is a total troll.
post edited by RainStryke - 2015/02/27 17:48:12

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 17:43:50 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
What is up with that John C. guy? Maybe that troll needs to get a life. What a complete and udder waste of oxygen. This why I do not like social media. Too many biased people with 25% of the information but 100% of the opinion and need to voice it.

Yeah, I thought he was sort of rude, If the knee airbags weren't necessary, They wouldn't be there.

Heck, Even if they aren't necessary, The fact that they placed them there and were defective, Still isn't acceptable.

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 20:06:50 (permalink)
kaninja
Baltothewolf
Guys, since we have been discussing brakes and stuff, what's the best way to brake at high speeds? Holding the brake pedal at a fixed position, or applying heavily and letting up as you slow down? I'm trying not to destroy my new brakes but, some advice would be nice.

Did you properly break them in? Always good to find a quiet road and make 6 to 10 successive near stops from about 40 mph using moderate pressure. When driving the car don't lightly drag the brakes coming to a stop....use moderate pressure and come to a complete stop. Without ABS in an emergency braking situation use steady pressure, DO NOT pump the brakes. If you start to lock up just modulate by realeasing some pressure on the pedal.

+1

New brakes do not function at maximum efficiencies until you transfer a little brake pad material on to the rotors as this increases the friction.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85
http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 22:36:31 (permalink)
RushXTC
Kram, I called the phone # and explained what happened and they gave me a case #, They told me that is a safety issue and they will put the regional manager in contact with me on Monday or Tuesday.

Let's see what happens.

Btw, Read the comments : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-uMSm7ih0

Good for you. John C can take a hike. He doesn't even know what happened. Don't forget to mention the ABS being confused. I would ask for the whole car to be fixed, not just the air bags.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 23:09:45 (permalink)
Cool GTX
kaninja
Baltothewolf
Guys, since we have been discussing brakes and stuff, what's the best way to brake at high speeds? Holding the brake pedal at a fixed position, or applying heavily and letting up as you slow down? I'm trying not to destroy my new brakes but, some advice would be nice.

Did you properly break them in? Always good to find a quiet road and make 6 to 10 successive near stops from about 40 mph using moderate pressure. When driving the car don't lightly drag the brakes coming to a stop....use moderate pressure and come to a complete stop. Without ABS in an emergency braking situation use steady pressure, DO NOT pump the brakes. If you start to lock up just modulate by realeasing some pressure on the pedal.

+1

New brakes do not function at maximum efficiencies until you transfer a little brake pad material on to the rotors as this increases the friction.

This is bedded-in process I go by.

BRAKE PAD BEDDING IN PROCEDURE

New brake pads have to be bedded in upon installation. Correct bedding guarantees that new brake pads and new rotors work flawlessly together. In order to function optimally, organic brake pads must develop friction coal on its surface. This friction coal develops at a temperature of about 280 degrees C (537F). It is very important that this temperature is reached continuously and slowly. This process results that the temperature not only is penetrating the surface of the brake discs and pads, but also evenly through the whole disc and pad material. This is essential when using new brake discs, since the disc often shows signs of strains (due to the casting process and fast cooling) in the materials. A steady and careful warming and cooling process guarantees a good release of both materials.

The bedding in/brake in procedure should be done as follows:
Drive at around 35 mph (60 kmh) about 500 – 800 yards (solid discs about 500 yards, vented discs 750 yards) with slightly dragging brakes (a.k.a. light brake pedal pressure) (brake pressure < 5 bar). This process allows the brake temperature to slowly and evenly build up to 300 degrees C (572F).
Now if possible drive about 2200 yards maintaining same speed without braking to allow the pads and discs to evenly cool down. At the end perform a regular brake application from 35 mph to 0. However, no Panic Stop.
Now the friction surface evenly developed friction coal, the pads bonded with the disc surface, and tensions in the disc materials disappeared.
Only trained master mechanics should perform this procedure – not the car owner.
This bedding process is only suitable for the front axle not the rear.
This is related to the brake distribution of front and rear axles. In order to reach 300 degrees C (527 F) on the rear pads you would have to drive several miles with dragging brakes. However, at that time on the front axles you will have glowing red, hot discs thus destroying the front brakes.
Final note – please never forget to clean hubs and check wheel bearings. Also the brake fluid should be replaced at least every 2 years.
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 23:11:06 (permalink)
kram36

Just take it to a different FORD dealer... Should be enough around your area that one will properly address it.
kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/27 23:20:14 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
kram36

Just take it to a different FORD dealer... Should be enough around your area that one will properly address it.

He took it to 2 different dealers that gave him the run around.
Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/28 04:06:18 (permalink)
kram36
Cool GTX
kaninja
Baltothewolf

+1

This is bedded-in process I go by.

BRAKE PAD BEDDING IN PROCEDURE

New brake pads have to be bedded in upon installation. Correct bedding guarantees that new brake pads and new rotors work flawlessly together. In order to function optimally, organic brake pads must develop friction coal on its surface. This friction coal develops at a temperature of about 280 degrees C (537F). It is very important that this temperature is reached continuously and slowly. This process results that the temperature not only is penetrating the surface of the brake discs and pads, but also evenly through the whole disc and pad material. This is essential when using new brake discs, since the disc often shows signs of strains (due to the casting process and fast cooling) in the materials. A steady and careful warming and cooling process guarantees a good release of both materials.

The bedding in/brake in procedure should be done as follows:
Drive at around 35 mph (60 kmh) about 500 – 800 yards (solid discs about 500 yards, vented discs 750 yards) with slightly dragging brakes (a.k.a. light brake pedal pressure) (brake pressure < 5 bar). This process allows the brake temperature to slowly and evenly build up to 300 degrees C (572F).
Now if possible drive about 2200 yards maintaining same speed without braking to allow the pads and discs to evenly cool down. At the end perform a regular brake application from 35 mph to 0. However, no Panic Stop.
Now the friction surface evenly developed friction coal, the pads bonded with the disc surface, and tensions in the disc materials disappeared.
Only trained master mechanics should perform this procedure – not the car owner.
This bedding process is only suitable for the front axle not the rear.
This is related to the brake distribution of front and rear axles. In order to reach 300 degrees C (527 F) on the rear pads you would have to drive several miles with dragging brakes. However, at that time on the front axles you will have glowing red, hot discs thus destroying the front brakes.
Final note – please never forget to clean hubs and check wheel bearings. Also the brake fluid should be replaced at least every 2 years.

Thanks guys, in the next couple months I'm gonna buy some better pads and I'll do a proper procedure as soon as I get the put on. I also need to get new rotors as well. Uhg.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile