EVGA

AnsweredMultiple Tegra Note issues

Author
jlake3
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/02/16 09:56:50 (permalink)
Looking for help on two issues with my Tegra Note 7".

First the touchscreen. I've been having a recurring problem where a stripe on the left (with the camera pointing up) doesn't respond to input. From the home screen it covers the furthest row of icons, so I'd guess it's about 1" and runs top to bottom. It started out happening once a week or less a while back, now it's every other day.

I've also been having another touchscreen issue where I'm unable to drag or hold; everything is immediately registered as a press. I can swipe, but selecting emails and moving icons is impossible. Happens less often than the dead zone, but still about twice a week.

Both issues are fixed with a reboot.

Next, wifi. Several times a day it shows bars but apps can't connect. Going to the menu shows "Configuring IP address", which never completes. The wifi must be turned off and then back on to get a connection again. Possibly more likely when leaving then returning to a network, but it's done it just sitting on the desk. No other device on the network has this issue.

Out of warranty, already ran a factory reset. Please help!
Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re: Multiple Tegra Note issues 2015/02/16 13:27:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jlake3 2015/02/18 09:53:23
The only thing I can recommend is to Master Reset the device.  If the issue continues after that, call tech support and schedule an RMA.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
rchrdcrg
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
Re: Multiple Tegra Note issues 2015/02/18 07:57:38 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby jlake3 2015/02/23 19:19:55
I guess my first question would be which version of Android you're on (quite a few people have skipped updates due to battery and performance concerns). Second, are you using the slide cover? It's known to cause issues with the touchscreen when the tablet wakes from the magnets in the cover; a quick sleep/wake with the power button will fix that. From there, I would try using something like the Super Tool over on the TN7's XDA forum and fully redo the tablet -- factory reset and reinstallation of the stock ROM. Since you're out of warranty, you might as well root it with that tool while you're at it. :-P
jlake3
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Multiple Tegra Note issues 2015/02/18 10:18:34 (permalink)
Thanks for the assist. Desktops/laptops I'm usually pretty good, but when it comes to Android I don't know where to start. It's 4.4.2 (latest) and I do have the slide cover.

Didn't know that there was a reset other than the one through the settings menu - looking up "Master reset" brought me to recovery mode, and after running the reset from there there's been no touchscreen issues yet (fingers crossed).

Wifi is still all over the place, but I took a look and the 2.4GHz band is a mess.
rchrdcrg
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
Re: Multiple Tegra Note issues 2015/02/18 10:22:57 (permalink)
Well the slide cover is likely a large part of the problem... that bug has existed since the tablet launched. Doing the factory reset through the recovery may help vs. the factory reset option in Android's settings, but if there are still issues you may want to try the Super Tool as it comes with a fresh copy of the OS (which would undo any changes to the OS on the tablet, something a factory reset won't do). As for the Wifi, have you tried a tool like Wifi Analyzer? It'll let you scan your area for the least crowded channel to set your router to (remember, only channels 1, 6, and 11 matter... the rest are sorta "fake").
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile