DP Hub problem

Author
frostyofthenorth
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/26 17:09:08 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

I just bought a DP Hub to connect two monitors (a 30" Dell U3014 and a 27" Dell U2712) to my Asus G75VX notebook but neither monitor appears in the display properties in Windows 8.1.  The monitors work fine if I connect them directly to the notebook via the DisplayPort port.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

[L]

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: DP Hub problem 2015/01/26 17:38:24 (permalink)
    Hi,

I am showing that your laptop seems to have a Intel thunderbolt connector instead of a regular Display port connector. Due to this, I can only assume that this connector may not work with the display port hub if you cannot receive a signal.

Might you have another computer that has a straight Display Port connector to see if this works for you? Can you please try updating the Intel graphics drivers to see if they might be outdated? Once everything is connected then please press the scan button on the hub with the computer loaded into Windows and see if anything comes on the screens.

If you should continue to have problems then I recommend considering our UV+39 Adapter if extra monitors at 1080P resolution are needed. http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-U3-UV39-KR

frostyofthenorth
    Re: DP Hub problem 2015/01/27 11:29:11 (permalink)
    Hi Chris,

I just tried the hub on a two year-old MacBook Pro and it too does detect the monitor.  I also tried a second mini-DP to DP cable running from the computer to the Hub to isolate whether that's the problem, but that didn't make a difference.

Is it possible that the resolution of these monitors is too high for the Hub to work properly?

Note that I have a UV+39 adapter but for color calibration and consistency purposes, I want to use DisplayPort to run both monitors.

Thanks.

[L]
    frostyofthenorth
    Re: DP Hub problem 2015/01/31 12:51:07 (permalink)
    Can I please get an update about this?  Otherwise I'll assume that the product won't work and I'll return it.  Thank you.

[L]
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile