EVGA

Within 30 day RMA should it have been a brand new card?

Author
_tuckers_
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/28 11:11:56 (permalink)
Basically i bought a 980 hydro copper around 25 days ago and it was doa so i contacted support and around 5 days later they finally issued me a standard rma and i had to pay delivery to send it to Germany from the uk, i was a tad annoyed that i had to pay for the delivery as i already did that when i bought my card from a shop to find its broken, anyway i payed for it thinking heck its a one off right 
well it wasn't...i was finally sent back a second hydro copper about 2 days ago and it wasn't brand new in the original package like the first one i bough from a local retailer it was the same card sent back on its own apparently fixed but as soon as i get it in the pc with my other 980 hydro copper it took me about an hour to get this thing to work installing loads of different drivers just to find out it has been flashed with the support clocked edition bios and not the hydro copper one??????

i mean what the heck ive spoken to a few members of evga support on the phone and they all say i should have been sent a brand new one in the box as its in the 30 days of purchase but instead i get a second card that's no good.

now i dont know where i stand, ive contacted them to explain this and one member offered to rma it again or flash the card with the right bios they will give me
but another has said i am entitled to a brand new model however there currently is non in stock.
what do i do now?
all this time and still no card that's Wright and by the looks of it its going to still be a while before i get one. contacting the eu support is soo much hassle and time consuming because i have to keep waiting ages for a response and only between work hours while u guessed it im at work trying to work!

ive even called them a few times about it and after explaining it he told me he would look into it and contact me via email so i was back to square one. whats the point in having a phone support if your only going to tell me to email i mean seriously.

and now to top it off my led in my other card have stopped working for some reason and that card is only a few months old too.

I need help from a member of staff that will just tell me exactly what's going on and what i need to do to get a new card that works like i was supposed to get from day 1

3 Replies Related Threads

sahafiec
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1344
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Within 30 day RMA should it have been a brand new card? 2015/01/28 23:31:30 (permalink)
    OMG EVGA, stop treating your customers like idiots!!!

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: Within 30 day RMA should it have been a brand new card? 2015/01/29 07:07:25 (permalink)
    Hi _tuckers_,

thanks for the detailed information - had a short conversation within our RMA-Manager and we do apologize for the circumstances - if you agree we would offer a UPS Pick-Up Service to bring back the product as fast as possible and exchange it to a complete new one - could you please response back to supporteu@evga.com - thanks.

Markus
    _tuckers_
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Within 30 day RMA should it have been a brand new card? 2015/01/31 09:28:02 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MarkusK
    Hi _tuckers_,

thanks for the detailed information - had a short conversation within our RMA-Manager and we do apologize for the circumstances - if you agree we would offer a UPS Pick-Up Service to bring back the product as fast as possible and exchange it to a complete new one - could you please response back to  - thanks.

Markus

And how do i get the led to work on my other 980 hydro copper it just flickers and goes off then randomly comes on when it wants
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile