EVGA

8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment)

Author
fubarhouse
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 288
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/28 13:01:50 (permalink)
PCWorld released a article a while back in which has since been revoked, but it promotes what is generally perceived to be what consolers believe about PC gamers.
I understand it's a touchy topic for everybody, but I understand there are very good reasons we (as a culture) never go hating on everybody without good reason.
I can agree with everything said in the video.

Here are the links to the content, as well as a video of a PC gamer in response to the article.
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlxWe65_TkY
 - http://www.manapool.co.uk/8-reasons-to-hate-pc-world/ 

To summarize, for those with no time to watch or read:

1. They're always complaining
2. MMO/RPGs
3. They have more money than sense
4. They're shameless graphics fanatics
5. They make the rest of us look like nerds
6. They're filthy pirates
7. E-sports
8. PC gamers are elitists

10 Replies Related Threads

mistermister
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5804
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/28 13:32:55 (permalink)
    I don't see all of those points as negative.

AMD 3700x / X-570 Aorus Ultra / RTX-3090 FTW3
    MmmmmisterCrow
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1655
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/28 14:33:19 (permalink)
    fubarhouse
    but I understand there are very good reasons we (as a culture) never go hating on everybody without good reason.

Really? What culture do you live in?  The truth is it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about your hobby.  Let them prefer console games for whatever reason, and I'll enjoy my PC games.  No need for judgement. 

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/28 16:47:08 (permalink)
    fubarhouse
    it promotes what is generally perceived to be what consolers believe about PC gamers.

The most futile waste of time in life is to worry what other people think. The sooner you get over this character defect, the happier you'll be in life.
    fubarhouse
    iCX Member
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/28 23:40:58 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    fubarhouse
    it promotes what is generally perceived to be what consolers believe about PC gamers.

The most futile waste of time in life is to worry what other people think. The sooner you get over this character defect, the happier you'll be in life.

Perhaps I came across the wrong way, sorry about that.
    I do like to listen to peoples opinions on a variety of different subjects, I find it interesting.
    blacksapphire08
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/29 07:46:53 (permalink)
    fubarhouse

2. MMO/RPGs
    7. E-sports

1. Constructive criticism (complaints are usually justified especially when its a crappy port)
    2. Not a fan either.
    3. Not always, PC gaming is actually cheaper for me.
    4. I dont like being limited by overpriced hardware. If the PC version doesnt look better than a console version and it has higher requirements that's not a good sign.
    5. I am the king of nerds! lol.
    6. Not everyone pirates games.
    7. Again, not a fan.
    8. See #4. Now the people rubbing it in console fans' faces, yeah those guys are jerks.

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/29 08:44:03 (permalink)
    fubarhouse
    PCWorld released a article a while back in which has since been revoked, but it promotes what is generally perceived to be what consolers believe about PC gamers.
    I understand it's a touchy topic for everybody, but I understand there are very good reasons we (as a culture) never go hating on everybody without good reason.
    I can agree with everything said in the video.

Here are the links to the content, as well as a video of a PC gamer in response to the article.
     - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlxWe65_TkY
     - http://www.manapool.co.uk/8-reasons-to-hate-pc-world/ 

2. MMO/RPGs
    7. E-sports

1. That's a pretty vague description... I could say that about my dog and his dinner!!
    2. The console guys should thank us for developing mmo games and having the idea taken to consoles.
    3. Wouldn't this really be the other way around?
    4. Were GAMERS....wouldn't you want good graphics too, if your subpar consoles could do it??!
    5. Aaannnddd....your point is?!?!?!? :P
    6. I see a awful lot of console games on those pirate sites along with emulators, bios files etc....
    7. So we developed a way to make money doing what we love....yeah, that sucks.
    8. Elitists?!?! So your mad that were well informed, make educated purchases and build our own much more capable machines while saving money. I can def see how that's bad. lol

No wonder they removed that article, sounds like someones upset little sister wrote it.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    candle_86
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3677
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/01/29 09:57:07 (permalink)
    what PC gamers think of Console players (we arn't going to call them gamers are we)

1. They Bring down gaming as a whole
    2. Poor Controls
    3. Works at McDonalds so can't afford real gaming
    4. They think paying to play is normal
    5. They make us look like angry 12 year olds
    6. They are scared of the word free
    7. COD
    8. Console gamers are ignorant 

there we go :D
    Timo_Tech
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/02/03 11:26:30 (permalink)
    I've been a Console gamer for 25+ years, that reason being said I've switched to PC gaming for the following reasons.

1. MODS MODS & MODS. I bought NBA 2K 14 for my 360 (when it was new) then I was blown away when I found out there was a PC mod that pretty much has all the old teams I use to watch growing up ()   + I was late to the party with skyrim but now I can play it with 50+ graphic mods.
    2. Games seem to be cheaper/go on sale more often. I bought NBA 2K14 on 360 for $59.99 few months later got it for PC on-sale for $14.99, sold my used 360 version and was still ahead of the game.
    3. I can hook-up my 360 controller and hook up my PC to my 60" TV if I want to
    4. Steam is amazing!! Add games I want to my wish-list and they email me when they go on sale. Plus no more waiting inline for midnight releases, just pre-load and play.
    5. I'm a very visually stimulated person, so I love feeling that I'm in the game with a nice 3d surround/eyefinity set-up
    6. No backwards compatibility issues,  had I of bought an XB1 non of my 360 games would work on it.  PC, you just upgrade has you go and keep ALL of your games.
    7. Better Hardware, Better Visuals and Faster Frame Rate.  I mean I paid $860 for just my GPU, that's like x2 XB1's or PS4's
    8. Unlimited Controller configuration options
    9. hacked game saves
    10. codes/game trainers

3090Ti FTW3
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/02/03 13:09:22 (permalink)
    I dont hate myself I love myself! Man that is TekSyndicate back in the day. Looking at old videos of Logan working for Tiger Direct cracks me up.

fubarhouse
    iCX Member
    Re: 8 Reasons to hate ourselves (entertainment) 2015/02/03 19:42:38 (permalink)
    Of course, I agree with everything above.
    When I speak to some people it usually comes down to "boys toys" vs "mans toys". Of course the problem here is that not all men are interested in technology/computers so they'll surely have other toys.

I used to be primarily console and second to pc as an assistant technician helping/learning from the random jobs my father got to work on when I was little. I'll never let my N64 go but I lost interest in everything being the same without exception.

Everybody has a different opinion though.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile