Can i get some help please :)

Author
Assassin_UKG
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/27 19:21:34 (permalink)
Hello, 

I have a EVGA 650ti 1GB sc edition. Since day one I have had problems, And had arranged to have it RMA's with you guys, but being a VERY avid gamer and battlefield player, I just could not live without a card. (looks like im going to have to now)

The issues: 

* The card in most games seems to overheat or kick out device removed errors due to the poor factory overclock on the card (not stable). 
* most games will black screen and either stop responding or just crash.
* I get an average of about 30mins to 1hour gaming from this card before it dies. 

Things I tried. 

* Ok so I have to UNDERCLOCK to get a stable game in most games (not cool, did not buy a card to underclock it to make it stable).
* Tried various Fan speed settings, upping voltage (tiny amounts, did not want to push or fry it).
* Tried various NVIDIA drivers for this card (not much difference, also depends on game, old/new).
* Even tried various Operating systems (win 7 64bit, win 8 64bit, win 8.1 64bit)
* lowering settings to LOW on pretty much all games just to keep it stable (else crash)
*updating all drivers/ DirectX/C++ redist for games both from the game and manually.

I just give in now, I am extremely unhappy with this card and wish i never bought it, its also made me think that EVGA must HATE me to give out this kind of "quality" product :(

Please can we arrange to have another RMA so i can get a working card or a better one (even 660ti) I have herd the 650ti is just a very crap card and was really NEVER any good. I was happy at first new card and all, but its just been nothing but problems. I have mental depression from other things going on in my life and this is just making me worse. I need it GONE lol. please help me out admins. Restore my faith in your company.

Thanks for your time guys.  

The best thing about this card was the HDMI slot for me.

EDIT: Old thread located here for more information on previous problems :(

forums.evga.com/650ti-SSC-1GB-Constant-crash-on-37788-drivers-m2182408.aspx

The reason I never sent it last time is I am Very poor (money wise), just do not have the cash to spend sending it back. But I will have to borrow some cash to get this resolved, Hopefully before my knee operation which is currently keeping me out of work while i await the operation :(
post edited by Assassin_UKG - 2015/01/27 19:27:36

3 Replies Related Threads

TimP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re: Can i get some help please :) 2015/01/27 19:28:27 (permalink)
    Hello,

We do apologize for any issues you are having with your EVGA 650 Ti. From your testing it does seem like your graphics card is faulty; however, if not done already, please try rolling back to NVIDIA driver 314.22, with a clean installation and do try testing in another system to ensure the graphics card is faulty and not another component like your power supply or motherboard. 

If you are continuing to have issues, please contact us at 24/7 at 1-888-881-3842 or by email.

Regards,
    EVGA
    Assassin_UKG
    Re: Can i get some help please :) 2015/01/27 19:32:38 (permalink)
    Hello Tim, 

I have been on the 314.22 for ages as that's the only driver that was stable. I only updated to the newest drivers in the last 2 days just to try Dying light, but alas I just get a BLACK SCREEN (no crash) due to the card. 

I used to be in IT Engineer now hobby .net developer so i know my way around a system and how to keep it maintained, trust me this is the LAST stop.. Just so fed up with it now. 

Thanks
    post edited by Assassin_UKG - 2015/01/27 19:39:38
    Assassin_UKG
    Re: Can i get some help please :) 2015/01/27 19:44:41 (permalink)
    Ok I have redone the RMA request (was simple as all details were saved including invoice). 

Hopefully it will work and i'll have the updated firmware (the working one). 

Thanks
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile