Why Newegg truely is the best!

Author
Clergy
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2291
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2015/01/26 15:06:17 (permalink)
Newegg took a terrible situation and made it into an absolute win...

I'll try to keep this short.

I've been ordering from Newegg for nearly 10 years now and felt the need to share what was first a really terrible experience, that was turned around into an absolutely terrific one.

This all started on Blackfriday 2014. I was in the market for a 4k monitor and came across an Acer which I felt fit the bill. I ordered it on Blackfriday and when I received it I was quite disappointed. After setting it up I was looking at an extremely washed-out image with light bleed on basically every edge of the display. Nothing I blamed Newegg for and they excepted the RMA without question. I received the replacement nearly 3 weeks after the original order. I was a bit annoyed with the turn around time but at the same time realize that UPS will only work so fast. Excited to finally have a working 4k monitor I set it up right after work, and well nothing. This replacement didn't even turn on.

You might be asking yourself well how was this one of the best Newegg experiences I ever had well what they did for me next will answer all of that. I called a third time and explained I was on my second replacement and it arrived DOA. I calmly explained my frustration and they agreed there was a problem with my situation. What made this such a win for both myself and Newegg is they gave me a free upgrade to a monitor that was about $200 more than my original purchase. They were able to take one of the worst online transactions I have ever experienced to date and turn it into one of the best outcomes I could have hoped for. I felt the need to share as it's quite rare that a company will actually stand behind their customers and go the extra mile to ensure they are taken care of. I've been a long time customer and will continue to do business with them.              

27 Replies Related Threads

James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/26 15:20:47 (permalink)
    I have always bought the majority of my equipment from Newegg and EVGA mainly. I have other manufacturers that I generally look for on their site to purchase but in all, unless I need something immediately, I'll order from them. Nice outcome for you.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/26 15:37:17 (permalink)
    For me it is Amazon and EVGA's Site, Seldom NewEgg

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/26 17:27:36 (permalink)
    Nice upgrade for you.
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/26 18:50:36 (permalink)
    It's nice when a business recognizes that a customer has experienced a certain amount of frustration and then compensates him/her for it.  I hope you enjoy a working monitor!

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/26 19:52:58 (permalink)
    Yeah, glad it worked out for you! I haven't had many issues from NE myself. When I have they have remedied the situation.
    I have read some bad experiences here from other people. Early ones were the fake intel CPU's [several years ago] and blaming the consumer. SO ,what did they upgrade you to??
    direraptor22
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5717
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/26 20:16:29 (permalink)
    Blah.... I would never buy an Acer product in my life. They're pure garbage IMO.

Newegg ftw though, I've shopped there for 10+ years myself and it's always my first place to look at products at!!

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 02:46:20 (permalink)
    I had a really nice Acer 24" that was a 1920x1200 monitor I purchased in 2008. It was a very nice monitor, never had an issue with it. It was replaced with a 40" LED TV later on. I gave it to my wife and it was working great up till I sold it in 2011.

As for newegg, i'm pretty happy with them. They took my GTX 970's back and I didn't have to pay shipping or anything...

Amazon has me a little upset though, just received the wrong item and over top of that, the item was used. They tell me I won't get a refund till the product is returned. They gave me a prepaid shipping label to return it, but i'm mad they won't just get me what I ordered in the first place... They will only give me a refund because apparently what I ordered is not in stock. So... now I have to wait for them to get the package back, then I get my refund... but the refund can take 2-3 days to process... I'm getting sick of Amazon as of recently. Their prime 2 day shipping is turning out to be 3-4 business day shipping on average and not only do I pay for a prime account. I have also noticed that you can actually find products cheaper on their site if you are not logged into a prime account... so basically they charge their membership customers more to get that upgraded shipping on prime eligible items.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

howdy2u2
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1896
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 03:47:03 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    I had a really nice Acer 24" that was a 1920x1200 monitor I purchased in 2008. It was a very nice monitor, never had an issue with it. It was replaced with a 40" LED TV later on. I gave it to my wife and it was working great up till I sold it in 2011.

As for newegg, i'm pretty happy with them. They took my GTX 970's back and I didn't have to pay shipping or anything...

Amazon has me a little upset though, just received the wrong item and over top of that, the item was used. They tell me I won't get a refund till the product is returned. They gave me a prepaid shipping label to return it, but i'm mad they won't just get me what I ordered in the first place... They will only give me a refund because apparently what I ordered is not in stock. So... now I have to wait for them to get the package back, then I get my refund... but the refund can take 2-3 days to process... I'm getting sick of Amazon as of recently. Their prime 2 day shipping is turning out to be 3-4 business day shipping on average and not only do I pay for a prime account. I have also noticed that you can actually find products cheaper on their site if you are not logged into a prime account... so basically they charge their membership customers more to get that upgraded shipping on prime eligible items.

Interestingly enough, I have found this to be my experience also. My way around has been to not log in find what I'm looking for, copy link, log in, and paste link. Shouldn't have to do that but it seems to work for now.
    post edited by howdy2u2 - 2015/01/27 03:48:06

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 05:28:01 (permalink)
    I've always loved NE, since I started buying with them ....prior to my join date here, as I recall.

Amazon works sometimes, but mostly I stick with NE.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 11:16:00 (permalink)
    During holiday shopping season i avoid Newegg whenever possible. They never have enough customer service reps during that time of year.  Amazon no matter what time of year you can chat live with a rep within a few mins.  Newegg you have to wait hours if not days for reply if you email them during holiday shopping season.

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 11:30:06 (permalink)
    Both Amazon and Newegg have their respective strengths and weaknesses.  I shop both and depending on what I am searching for...make my choice.  Example....I purchased an Asus X99-A motherboard from Amazon.  Why?  Because Newegg had a limited return policy where I could only exchange for 30 days...AND the price was $40 higher on Newegg.  I have Amazon Prime, so I got the board for less money and 30 day, no questions asked, return policy in case of issues.  Sometimes the shoe is on the other foot as well. 

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  ;  Lian Li Lancool III;  EVGA Z15; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

Clergy
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 18:31:01 (permalink)
    notfordman
    Yeah, glad it worked out for you! I haven't had many issues from NE myself. When I have they have remedied the situation.
    I have read some bad experiences here from other people. Early ones were the fake intel CPU's [several years ago] and blaming the consumer. SO ,what did they upgrade you to??

Just realized I never mentioned it haha. They upgraded me to this beast, and so far so good. I too have had very good luck with Acer monitors in the past but this was just a total mess. 

the_real_maverick
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1773
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 18:37:35 (permalink)
    Good to hear that you had a positive experience.  I have had one that was not so good, but I'll save that for another day. 

Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz/ EVGA 980TI Classified / 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 / Gigabyte G1 gaming mobo / Western Digital Black 1 TB HDD/ Mushkin 1TB SSD / Corsair 750W PSU / 27" Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440 G-sync 165hz / Razer Deathadder / Logitech G810 Spectrum / Windows 10 64bit / K70 RGB

http://www.heatware.com/u/70338
    blacksapphire08
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/27 20:37:58 (permalink)
    RainStryke

You're not the only one who has received a used product from Amazon. They sent me a used phone that had not even been wiped. To be fair I dont think Amazon is to blame for slow shipping, that particular honor goes to UPS as they are one of the worst companies i've ever used. I ordered a keyboard it took UPS 6 business days to deliver it. In comparison I ordered some car parts that were shipped via USPS and they came in 2 days. I wish more companies would give consumers the option to use the postal service over UPS.

Clergy, i'm glad to hear that Newegg took care of you and it's stories like this why I continue to use them on occasion.

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/28 02:04:06 (permalink)
    blacksapphire08
    RainStryke

You're not the only one who has received a used product from Amazon. They sent me a used phone that had not even been wiped. To be fair I dont think Amazon is to blame for slow shipping, that particular honor goes to UPS as they are one of the worst companies i've ever used. I ordered a keyboard it took UPS 6 business days to deliver it. In comparison I ordered some car parts that were shipped via USPS and they came in 2 days. I wish more companies would give consumers the option to use the postal service over UPS.

Clergy, i'm glad to hear that Newegg took care of you and it's stories like this why I continue to use them on occasion.

UPS is pretty bad. I have seen Amazon wait a day or two to "process" things through their warehouse before it's even packed and ready to ship.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

way2faded
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/30 05:52:58 (permalink)
    Great story and Newegg has done similar things for me in the past. I find, in regard to CS, it is all about how you go about a situation that determines how you are treated. From previously working in CS myself for several years know I had many experiences where I was unwilling to go that extra distance due to the customer being rude, not being understanding, and making demands and/or threats.
    joeymir
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 732
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/01/30 10:07:33 (permalink)
    That is quite a nice turn of events! Newegg has always had good customer service, man did they go above and beyond for you. I feel bad for not using them as much as I once did, but Amazon almost always has what I am looking for, at a lower price point + free 2-day shipping. On topic of your monitor, I've never been an Acer fan, but man! 2 bad displays in a row!? I'd never touch them again after that.

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master | Ryzen 9 5900X | 32GB Crucial Ballisitx DDR4 3600MHz | MSI Radeon 6900 XT | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | 2x Crucial MX500 1TB Raid-0 | 2x WD Velociraptors 500GB Raid-0 | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850W | Lian-Li PC-O11

eikast
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 708
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/11 13:52:37 (permalink)
    Nice. For me it's Amazon/Newegg. I think that I only purchased once from EVGA directly. 
    For me, Amazon will bend over and do anything to please you.

"Oh, it's been less than 30 days? Oh the item isn't working as described? Let me send you a new replacement and send the old one (prepaid shipping label) when you can. "-Amazon

As for Newegg, not sure. I like purchasing from them but not a huge fan of doing returns/exchanges compared to my Amazon experiences. 

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=70164
    i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz 1.28V
    eVGA Titan X SC 1380 MhZ boost core clock.
    Switech MCR140-X Drive
    EK Titan X waterblock
    16 GB G.Skill 1600 MHz 
    MSI Z77a-gd55
    Samsung 1TB 840 SSD
    1TB 7200 RPM HDD
    Logitech G502 
    Sennheiser PC 350 SE
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Battlefield 4 edition)
    Razer Destructor 2 (Battlefield 4 edition)
    Asus Xonar Essence Stx
    Acer XB280HK
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/11 15:24:35 (permalink)
    While that's great and all, don't expect that be be the norm. You just lucked out with a generous customer service rep.
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/11 21:40:15 (permalink)
    Yeah, what Brad said...
    Aki240
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/12 19:01:07 (permalink)
    Everything really depends on who you're working with
    Squall_Rinoa86
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1735
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/15 20:28:22 (permalink)
    James_L
    I have always bought the majority of my equipment from Newegg and EVGA mainly. I have other manufacturers that I generally look for on their site to purchase but in all, unless I need something immediately, I'll order from them. Nice outcome for you.

This right here. I have been shopping NewEgg from pretty much its birth and all my electronic purchases are from NewEgg. Games itself (disc based) Are Amazon..

Love NewEgg. Whenever I have an issue they are always there to support me.

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
    Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/16 09:26:04 (permalink)
    Newegg's return policy is pretty weak even as someone who orders parts for a business under our B2B sales account the return process is still a PITA.

Amazon's customer service and returns policy are far superior in most cases to Newegg.

Although its awesome they got you situated and eventually upgraded you to a better monitor.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    Clergy
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/20 09:46:42 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    While that's great and all, don't expect that be be the norm. You just lucked out with a generous customer service rep.

I'm well aware it's not the norm, but this isn't the first issue I have had with Newegg that they really went above and beyond what they had to do. I tend to agree with most that Amazon is better about returns/exchange. I wanted to share as superior customer service is becoming a rarity. 

owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4754
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/20 13:26:17 (permalink)
    A few weeks back I bought an EVGA 1000w SuperNova G2 5 days later the same day it was delivered it went on sale for $20 less. A quick online chat netted me a $20 credit almost instantly. For many years I've had nothing but great service and great prices however I have Amazon Prime and you can't beat how quickly things come to the door step at no additional charge. Personally I take the best price I can find between the two but that shipping weighs heavy in the decision.

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
    RobertD92
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 109
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/24 19:10:14 (permalink)
    Yeah newegg is awesome.
    Gz on the new monitor.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81217

i7 4790k
    AsRock Fatal1ty Z97M Killer
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 2x8Gb
    PowerColor R9 290 4GB PCS+
    Evga Supernova NEX650G
    Crucial M500 960 Gb
    Corsair 350D
    Corsair H100i
    Corsair SP120 Fans
    NZXT Sentry Mix 2
    sahafiec
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1344
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Why Newegg truely is the best! 2015/02/25 00:27:16 (permalink)
    a big luck for you to have Newegg and Amazon around the corner.

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile