• Ribbons : 0
2015/01/23 00:28:06 (permalink)
Hi,

I have just purchased a new set up:
i7 4770K
EVGA Z97 Classified
8GB RAM
NVidia 970 gfx

I can get Windows 8.1 installed, do all the updates and drivers but when I install the latest available version of Lucid MVP (3.0.109) my system fails to load back into Windows.  It constantly reboots until Windows does a self repair/diagnostic and then offers a Restore to an earlier point to resolve.

The LucidLogix website doesn't have any pages about VirtuMVP (beside the support FAQ's) so am wondering if this is still a supported product.  If not not why does this motherboard use it?

Any help would be appreciated

11 Replies Related Threads

LazySoft
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 184
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/01/23 01:27:52 (permalink)
    What happens if you install the version that EVGA has on support download page for Z97 Classy.
    It is an older release 3.0.108 but should work if EVGA has done thier testing.
    It could also be that you have a newer generation of GPU (GTX 970) that's not fully supported.

Have not used Lucid VirtuMVP my self as I has Quad SLI configuration and then the Lucid stuff wont work.

It seams that VirtuMVP has gone from the market as Lucid has no direct info of it on thier site.
    Most the links returns 404 =( even from thier own FAQ's about VirtuMVP.

Lazy or not Lazy. That's not a question.
    AKToronto
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/01/23 08:13:47 (permalink)
    Yes, sadly this tech doesn't seem to be supported well even in games. See this link from a while back  www.    tomshardware.com/forum/370234-33-virtu-works   (although its possible that updates were made afterwards to increase support, compatability, etc).

For whatever reason, newer games and newer tech don't seem to be supported well by this technology... I had high hopes for it too but alas... I have no good answer why its still an advertised feature on the mobo though still..
    gryphon2
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/01/23 14:18:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies. Part of the reason I chose this motherboard was for the Virtu MVP support as thought it would be good for video encoding as well as games.
    I tried the download off EVGA for the 3.0.108 version but still got the looping and boot failure (fortunately I had created a restore point this time. Lesson learnt!)
    Looks like I will prob just disable the Intel graphics and pretend the feature never existed.
    Might try a last ditch support contact to LucidLogix....
    AKToronto
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/01/26 09:01:49 (permalink)
    What I can say is that it works fine on my MOBO, but I haven't done any real world testing re framerates or benchmarks.... I have a super old graphics card anyways and likely wont test until I upgrade to GTX 970 (so that the tests will be more relevant) and also to a newer CPU.

For the most part right now I keep my internal graphics disabled for overclocking....

But I am curious if anyone sees it as useful for gaming!
    gryphon2
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/01/26 22:42:36 (permalink)
    AKToronto
    What I can say is that it works fine on my MOBO, but I haven't done any real world testing re framerates or benchmarks.... I have a super old graphics card anyways and likely wont test until I upgrade to GTX 970 (so that the tests will be more relevant) and also to a newer CPU.

For the most part right now I keep my internal graphics disabled for overclocking....

But I am curious if anyone sees it as useful for gaming!

Glad to hear it's working for you.  Did you have to do anything inparticular to get it to work?
    What set up do you have?
    JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/01/31 08:53:12 (permalink)
     Good morning,

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with Lucid virtue. I personally run this on my Z87 stinger. I have set it up on my Z97 classified but have disabled since i'm running SLI. Setup is the same on most boards. Can you first confirm that the settings in the BIOS are correct? Under the Advance tab>Graphics configuration can you make sure that the primary display is to PEG and Internal Graphics is enabled. Having both set to auto can cause some issues. 
    Once that is set make sure to save and exit (F10) and allow the system to restart. If you are able to get into Windows you will need to install the integrated Intel drivers prior to the Lucid software. If you have not done this, I would recommend going into safe mode and uninstalling the Lucid software. Reboot and go through the Intel graphics driver installation, then install Lucid. Once this is done you should be able to enable Lucid through it's own control panel.

Drivers for the Intel driver and lucid software can be found here: http://www.evga.com/support/download/ 

Hopefully this resolves your issue and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Attached Image(s)

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

gryphon2
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/02/01 21:24:50 (permalink)
    Thank you for the reply Joey.

I have actually solved the problem by using Windows 7 instead of 8.1

I had already set the BIOS as you described prior to installing Win8.1 so in my case it certainly seems to be a compatibility issue with Virtu MVP 2 and Win8.1.

I decided to try Win7 as a test and have had no problems (so far at least) with Virtu MVP.

Many thanks once again
    JoeyC
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1703
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/02/04 06:45:22 (permalink)
    I'm glad to hear it's working for you. I'm running Windows 8.1 at home, so i'll re-install it tonight. 
    Then test to verify functionality and let you know the results. 

Rate my service by going to: http://www.evga.com/myevga/rateus/

CptSpig
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 736
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/02/07 08:12:33 (permalink)
    With windows 8.1 can you run Lucid in compatibility mode? I am building a new machine with the Z97 classified. Don't want load Lucid if there is a problem. thanks for a reply.
    post edited by CptSpig - 2015/02/07 08:16:54

gryphon2
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/02/12 00:49:37 (permalink)
    I can't even get as far as compatibility mode !

Once the Lucid software is installed on Windows 8.1 and the system restarts it fails to load back into Windows so am unable to test at all.

I have gone back to Windows 7 and all seems to be well with the Lucid software.  Can't really comment on any improvement to game frame rates but video encoding using Intel Quick Sync is incredibly fast
    Good luck with your build
    CptSpig
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 736
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Z97 Classified - Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Issues 2015/02/12 09:56:37 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info. Check out my build on MODS RIGS. The machine is running awesome!

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile