precision x problem help please

Author
evgamember20
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/16 20:28:35 (permalink)
I recently installed presion x 16 and started to adjust slowly several settings. All of a sudden my screen went blank and stas that way. I had to hard start and now if I reopen the program it does it again. I went to control panel to remove it and cannot find reference to PX in program removal. Please help.

27 Replies Related Threads

evgamember20
    Superclocked Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/17 14:13:51 (permalink)
    How the heck can I roll back to a previous version or perhaps better yet delete it all together w/o being able to do so inside of safe mode - says windows installer not correct - doing sf/scannow process.... totally not impressed with Precision X16  - should have automatically reverted to last known good state instead of this POS blank screen... Jacob - where are you?

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/17 14:28:32 (permalink)
    Use system restore to restore your computer to an earlier date that didn't have PX installed. Problem solved. 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/23 04:02:19 (permalink)
    I have deleted the off topic conversations. If anyone has an issue with a signature or another forum member please notify (especially in this case) the webmaster. The mods can react and delete posts which violate the forum terms of service but we can not delete signatures. This is especially true if you feel the signature might be upsetting. 
    post edited by rjohnson11 - 2015/01/23 04:35:34

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/23 07:20:40 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I have deleted the off topic conversations. If anyone has an issue with a signature or another forum member please notify (especially in this case) the webmaster. The mods can react and delete posts which violate the forum terms of service but we can not delete signatures. This is especially true if you feel the signature might be upsetting. 

Thanks for nothing!  Now I have to try to type up my whole argument again from scratch (because you deleted everything)!  You provided no backing, did not provide him with any warning, and did not even acknowledge the existence of this issue.  You could have at least contacted the webmaster for me, listed his email address, or forwarded my concerns to him on my behalf!  Advertising extremist and racist beliefs on this forum is not acceptable from any religion towards any religion.

If you want me to be "on topic", solve the problem!  I can't stay silent while a racist spews inflammatory filth.  He started the topic by presenting himself in that manner; in that respect, I am perfectly on topic anywhere he goes.

Is this a racist popularity contest where the most popular racism is allowed?

Please do expect to see a second account from me here showing Westerners with their heads about to be cut off by the Sainthood Express if this issue is not resolved.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/01/23 07:38:01

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

evgamember20
    Superclocked Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/23 10:31:15 (permalink)
    Regardless of the above rant, please mark this topic as resolved. The offending software has been removed.
    In my own defense, and reviewing my signature - one has to make a lot of inferences to read and indeed draw a conclusion that the topic brought up by the other post was - forgive the pun "on target" - How would one infer any nationality on either side of the scope? Perhaps that is the Mojave desert, with a silhouette in the cross hairs. Perhaps my "name" is an embracement of beliefs of what happens to me in the afterlife? Perhaps not.....
    Thanks to those who made positive contributions and helped me resolve my issue...... I choose to not ask for much help precisely because of the rant that started and indeed was added to by me... end of my opinion.
    post edited by 72 VirginExpress - 2015/01/23 10:37:30

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/23 10:55:57 (permalink)
    72 VirginExpress
    In my own defense, and reviewing my signature - one has to make a lot of inferences to read and indeed draw a conclusion that the topic brought up by the other post...

What your name and signature image says is that Muslims deserve to die and you will do them that favor.  There isn't much inferred at all.  "72 Virgins" is a Muslim belief in the honor of being persecuted or put to death for refusing to give up your religion.  Just as sainthood or martyrdom is the Christian belief in the honor of being persecuted or put to death for refusing to give up your religion.  "72 Virgins" is NOT solely a terroristic belief and therefore it is totally inappropriate for you to broadly state that you wish to kill all Muslims.  That is when the sentiment becomes racist hate speech.  Just because some whacko Christians and some whacko Muslims decide to murderously kill people and then claim it is for the honor of martyrdom does not make the belief in martyrdom uniformly atrocious or justify killing every person in that religion for the actions of the few whackos.  Martyrdom is not an excuse for killing people and the whackos who claim their murderous actions were for the honor of martyrdom are wrong.  Don't follow wrong with more wrong by stating that everyone of that entire religion deserves to die.

If you honestly believe that ALL Muslims deserve to die, you are a racist.  If you don't believe that ALL Muslims deserve to die, you should have thought out your presentation better.  In either case, your name and signature image NEED to be changed in order to be appropriate on this forum.  You have no freedom of speech here and your racist name and signature image is not acceptable -- even if accidental.

Do the right thing.  I will continue to stand up against this "off topic" debate until it is corrected.  I will not stand silent.  The initial presentation is disgraceful and insulting to everyone.  My response is not the issue and therefore I should not have my comments repeatedly deleted.  The initial offense needs to be corrected.  "Correcting" the off-topic responses does NOT correct the initial offense.  It's like saying that it is illegal to point out a crime and then allowing the crime to go unpunished.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/01/23 11:13:59

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

evgamember20
    Superclocked Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/23 15:53:55 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    72 VirginExpress
    In my own defense, and reviewing my signature - one has to make a lot of inferences to read and indeed draw a conclusion that the topic brought up by the other post...

What your name and signature image says is that Muslims deserve to die and you will do them that favor.  There isn't much inferred at all.

EVGA has asked me to consider a name change and I have elected to not do do so....They have changed it for me and I wrote to Chris stating to not be a community member anymore - this is more in part to the fact that I have held this name and signature for a long time here and on other forums. No where at all does it say anything as you outlined above....it is something you have elected to infer. I chose this name given that if you, choose to martyr yourself in the face of/name of a religion; and in harming innocent people  - then perhaps you (not you - but a anyone of that shares or displays that characteristic)  should be expeditiously removed - they add nothing to the planet but evil. No more no less. Nothing displayed infers the Muslim faith.... and indeed the Muslim faith in and of itself does not hold the 72 Virgin idealism except in the case of Jihadism. You have expressed yourself, through some form of proselytization - that is your right - to have you call me racist without grounds regardless of your "proof" - and only your perception is baseless. I am not - and in fact share friendship with hundreds of people of different faiths, race, religion and creed and sexual orientation. Many of whom know my gaming name and none have ever complained to me. Sorry you have a closed mind.....
    post edited by evgamember20 - 2015/01/23 15:57:31

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 398
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/23 21:11:21 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

Please do expect to see a second account from me here showing Westerners with their heads about to be cut off by the Sainthood Express if this issue is not resolved.

I am an American and a "westerner" and I personally take the highest offense to anyone threatening in a public forum, to show "any person" being decapitated.There are ways to protest if you are offended,but to threaten to show something so cowardly and gruesome...as a tool to have your way on a Tech forum..shameful.Why is this statement still visible on this forum?I have looked at it for 4 hours now.

*Asus x99 Deluxe*Intel i7 5930k*G-Skill Ripjaws ddr4 2800 16g*x2 EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI*EVGA SuperNova P2 1200  PSU*NZXT X-61 Kraken*Bitfenix Recon*Corsair AIR540 "Artic White" Case*Samsung 850 Pro 500/250  SSD's*WD 3 TB HDD*Pioneer Blu Ray*Asus Rog Swift 27"*Logitech G-19/Proteus/430*
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 08:19:55 (permalink)
    1sthurricane
    ty_ger07

I am an American and a "westerner" and I personally take the highest offense to anyone threatening in a public forum, to show "any person" being decapitated.There are ways to protest if you are offended,but to threaten to show something so cowardly and gruesome...as a tool to have your way on a Tech forum..shameful.Why is this statement still visible on this forum?I have looked at it for 4 hours now.

Just as shameful as what he was saying about Muslims.  ;)  He had a picture of a Muslim in the crosshair of sniper rifle with the text saying that he was the person who would send them to meet their 72 virgins.

By the way, I am a white Christian Westerner as well. ;)
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/01/24 08:22:26

Babyzone2
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 08:43:23 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Use system restore to restore your computer to an earlier date that didn't have PX installed. Problem solved. 

Since we are on the topic, do you have any idea , how to adjust the font type and most importantly the size on the OSD ,not the font size on keyboard screen? I have been looking into the cfg file of the software , but i cant seem to find a value controls that. the old Riva server at least let me to change font style and scaling it. the new software can't seem to do it.... The OSD becomes so big in game. I have to remove the software and go back to MSI afterburn for now.

I7-3770K OC 4.7G @1.265V |Custom Watercooling Loop | 4x4G G-skill DDR3 2133 |Asus Maximus v Formula | 2xGTX 770 SLI With EK waterBlock | Creative Sound Blaster ZxR | 2 x Kingston Hyper X 3K 120G Raid 0 | Cool Master Cosmos II With Customized  Full Clear side Panel | 2x360, 2x 240 Radiators | Total 20 of Fans installed.

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 09:05:14 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    1sthurricane
    ty_ger07

Just as shameful as what he was saying about Muslims.  ;)  He had a picture of a Muslim in the crosshair of sniper rifle with the text saying that he was the person who would send them to meet their 72 virgins.

By the way, I am a white Christian Westerner as well. ;)

Forgive me here but I still do not understand your logic.....A person offends you on these forums and therefore you have the right to threaten the community as a whole with videos of "westerners" being decapitated.I am at a loss and wish the posts of your threats would be removed.

*Asus x99 Deluxe*Intel i7 5930k*G-Skill Ripjaws ddr4 2800 16g*x2 EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI*EVGA SuperNova P2 1200  PSU*NZXT X-61 Kraken*Bitfenix Recon*Corsair AIR540 "Artic White" Case*Samsung 850 Pro 500/250  SSD's*WD 3 TB HDD*Pioneer Blu Ray*Asus Rog Swift 27"*Logitech G-19/Proteus/430*
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 09:07:58 (permalink)
    1sthurricane
    Forgive me here but I still do not understand your logic.....A person offends you on these forums and therefore you have the right to threaten the community as a whole with videos of "westerners" being decapitated.I am at a loss and wish the posts of your threats would be removed.

It was an analogy.  Both offenses were equal in severity.  A middle-eastern getting shot in the head is the same as a westerner getting his head cut off.  He did not see how his content was offensive and therefore I had to create an equal analogy which he can understand for him to compare against.

It was the only way I could get my point accross and make it hit home. He was blinded by hate and could not see how it was offensive when it didn't affect him. If you think what I said was offensive, then I am glad that you agree with me that his content was also offensive.

Please, can we let this die?

Maybe a moderator can clean up this thread.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/01/24 09:13:21

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 09:49:01 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    1sthurricane

It was an analogy.   A middle-eastern getting shot in the head is the same as a westerner getting his head cut off.  

Since being deleted, from what you are saying(your statement above) is his sig/avatar actually showed a "middle-eastern" person with a gunshot wound to the head,not just cross hairs on an individual.Now if it was just cross hairs...well I know you could not compare this with threatening to upload videos of  real people being decapitated....no analogy,you made threats.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 09:51:47 (permalink)
    I never said that I would show decapitated people. I said people with a blade implying decaptitation was going to take place. Same thing as a person's head in crosshairs. ;) I never said anything about videos or real people being decapitated. Where did you get that idea?
    Please use critical thinking.

And yes, it was only a threat. ;)

Now that this has been resolved, can we PLEASE end discussion of this matter here. Could a mod clean this up? Thank you!
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/01/24 09:58:12

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 09:58:06 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    1sthurricane

If you think what I said was offensive, then I am glad that you agree with me that his content was also offensive.

Threats are very offensive,especially what you were threatening to do if you did not get your way on this forum.And I have never agreed that anyone's content was offensive...only your threats.Compairing and avatar/sig and an uploading of an actual decapitation....apples and oranges..no analogy,and absolutely no comparison.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:00:37 (permalink)
    1sthurricane
    ty_ger07
    1sthurricane

If you think what I said was offensive, then I am glad that you agree with me that his content was also offensive.

Threats are very offensive,especially what you were threatening to do if you did not get your way on this forum.And I have never agreed that anyone's content was offensive...only your threats.Compairing and avatar/sig and an uploading of an actual decapitation....apples and oranges..no analogy,and absolutely no comparison.

Once again, WHERE did you EVER see that I threated to upload VIDEOS or PICTURES of ACTUAL people BEING decapitated? Your mind is running wild and I think you have lost the context of my text. I never said half of what you believe I said.

AGAIN, can we PLEASE stop discussing this here?

No more responses from me. Use your critical thinking skills.

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:16:56 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:21:56 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

Could a mod clean this up? Thank you!

My objective from the start,to have your threats removed....sorry if I mislead you with thinking that I actually care about your justification of threatening people until your needs are met.I have a distaste for anyone that threatens another,from where I come from....we always take it out back and resolve it one way or another.

post edited by 1sthurricane - 2015/01/24 10:31:21

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:39:32 (permalink)
    1sthurricane
    ty_ger07

PMed

As stated twice already: no mention of actual people, no mention of a video, and it mentioned future-tense violence not past or present-tense violence which means that it would not show actual violence occurring -- only implied violence about to occur.  Please, stop this wild dream you are living in.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2015/01/24 10:58:38

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:42:49 (permalink)
    1sthurricane
    ty_ger07

Could a mod clean this up? Thank you!

My objective from the start,to have your threats removed....sorry if I mislead you with thinking that I actually care about your justification of threatening people until your needs are met.I have a distaste for anyone that threatens another,from where I come from....we always take it out back and resolve it one way or another.

You have no idea what his username, avatar, or signature was. You also don't know the first half of the conversation which was deleted. Lastly, you are miscronstruing everything I said at every turn. Please get lost!

Report my posts so that a moderator can remove them! What can I do to fulfill your request? I can't delete my posts or edit your quotes of my post! No use arguing with me about this and carrying on this off topic discussion.

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:55:53 (permalink)
    I have asked you personally for....nothing.I have no request from you and you have my word I will not resort to making threats.

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 10:59:49 (permalink)
    1sthurricane
    I have asked you personally for....nothing.I have no request from you and you have my word I will not resort to making threats.

Ok?  I have no idea what that means.  Again, PLEASE "report" my posts so that a moderator can delete them.  I cannot report my own posts, I cannot delete my own posts, and even if I did edit my own posts, your posts quote mine and therefore the text would remain in a way I have no control of.

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 11:12:34 (permalink)
    Hands up, don't type!..I can't breath!

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 13:33:54 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

What can I do to fulfill your request?
    Here,let me help you...does your text help you remember?Do you now have an idea on what that means?

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 15:26:27 (permalink)
    DUDE!  PLEASE report my posts to a moderator so that they can be removed. That was your request.  I can't help you achieve that.  YOU have to do that.

In the meantime, if you think what I said was so horrible that people shouldn't need to see it, WHY are you CONSTANTLY bumping this subject back up to the top with useless information.  Let it die if you don't want people to see it.

I am totally done here!  I tried to be done here before.  But now I really am.

1sthurricane
    iCX Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/24 17:40:01 (permalink)
    Then be done...you have stated you were"done"many...many posts ago....and again ,I have not requested for you to do anything concerning your posts and threats.You have kept me entertained all day as I finished my build,I just got her to boot to Windows.Thank you,and please in the future...don't threaten people in public forums....it could get you tied up all day in banter.It is just wrong,don't do it.

evgamember20
    Superclocked Member
    Re: precision x problem help please 2015/01/25 20:02:19 (permalink)
    Amen....

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile