EVGA

AMD NOT cutting prices

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
vanquishedlight
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/26 21:03:03 (permalink)
seta8967
Not sure if vanquished light is trolling or not. Evga gpu are bad and their mobo/psu are good? Evga is the one witha trouble past with their mobo's and until they used superflower a trouble past with their psu (nex series). Their GPUs on the other hand are heavilly awarded in the past.

no, i'm not trolling. and there GPU's are very good. the slight fuzzy picture quality on not just EVGA gpu's but nearly all makers isn't for me. that's all i'm saying there. and it's not the monitor. i've been running the same monitor for years. and no matter what gpu i hooked up it's always been a little fuzzy compaired to Sapphire. my old BFG gtx 260 was just as clear as my Sapphire hd 4850. but BFG don't make cards no more. but yeah, like i said. it's not the monitor. i've gone through approx 30 GPU's in the past 3 years looking for another brand i might be happy with for picture clearity and crispness. and never once changed my monitor or even cords.

but needless to say i recommend, EVGA, MSI, and ASUS nvidia GPU's all the time to friends looking for good GPU's that mainly just care about performance, and overclocking with a good picture quality. would recommend Gigabyte too if it wasn't for there terrible costumer service. and for AMD gpu's i always recommend sapphire. over the past 10 years i've owned maybe 9-10 Sapphire cards and never had a problem and always had the best crispy graphics i like. as well as they have some of the best performing AMD gpu's out there. and i wouldn't know on sapphires costumer service since i've never had to contact them for anything.

Fennicillin
At least he mwde mention of his bias before saying something as nonsensical as better picture quality through sapphire. That's your monitor's job.
it's not the monitor as i stated above. monitor does make a difference i do agree with that. but the GPU must aslo. and i know why you say that it's all on the monitor, because most all other makers have nearly the same picture quality. and i'm not sure what Sapphire or BFG does different or did in BFG's case :0(. but if your ever able to get your hands on a Sapphire and another brand of the same GPU. hook them both up into your pc and hook up a monitor to each card non-CF'ed. then pick the one with crisper output then switch the monitors to the opposite gpu. and i will guarantee the monitor well hooked up to a Sapphire will always look clearer and crisper even after switching. so idk what sapphire does different from most all others. maybe they use different connectors or something, idk. all i know is they have a crisper output.get some old cheap cards and test it yourself. you'll see what i mean :0)
post edited by vanquishedlight - 2014/12/26 21:42:25

MOTHER BOARD: MSI z77 gaming
CPU: I7 3770K oc'ed 4.5ghz
RAM: 16gb Mushkin Redline 1600mhz 
GPU: Asus GTX 570 DCII oc'ed 900mhz
HDD: WD 4TB blue power
SC: Asus xonar
PS: Thermaltake Tough Power 775 watt
CASE: Aerocool predator X3 Devil Red Edition full tower
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/26 21:31:49 (permalink)
vanquishedlight
seta8967
Not sure if vanquished light is trolling or not. Evga gpu are bad and their mobo/psu are good? Evga is the one witha trouble past with their mobo's and until they used superflower a trouble past with their psu (nex series). Their GPUs on the other hand are heavilly awarded in the past.

no, i'm not trolling. and there GPU's are very good. the slight fuzzy picture quality on not just EVGA gpu's but nearly all makers isn't for me. that's all i'm saying there. and it's not the monitor. i've been running the same monitor for years. and no matter what gpu i hooked up it's always been a little fuzzy compaired to Sapphire. my old BFG gtx 260 was just as clear as my Sapphire hd 4850. but BFG don't make cards no more. but yeah, like i said. it's not the monitor. i've gone through approx 30 GPU's in the past 3 years looking for another brand i might be happy with for picture clearity and crispness. and never once changed my monitor or even cords.

but needless to say i recommend, EVGA, MSI, and ASUS nvidia GPU's all the time to friends looking for good GPU's that mainly just care about performance, and overclocking with a good picture quality. would recommend Gigabyte too if it wasn't for there terrible costumer service. and for AMD gpu's i always recommend sapphire. over the past 10 years i've owned maybe 9-10 Sapphire cards and never had a problem and always had the best crispy graphics i like. as well as they have some of the best performing AMD gpu's out there. and i wouldn't know on sapphires costumer service since i've never had to contact them for anything.

LOL.  That is all I am going to say here.
seta8967
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1813
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/26 21:32:29 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
vanquishedlight
seta8967

agreed
vanquishedlight
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/26 22:19:26 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
vanquishedlight
seta8967

LOL, ikr, approx 30 GPU's in the past 3 years XD.  sad but true. it comes from benchmarking, testing and overclocking all kinds of different things. wanting to play around with SLI, crossfire, physx, mantel, eyefinity, nvidia surround ect. as well as testing different brands of the same gpu's.  lol not to mention i built 6 pc's from all the parts i had piling up over the past 3 years, from going through my tinkering and testing phase that i either sold cheap or gave away, just to get them out of my way XD.

BTW very nice system you have there. wish i had the money to run a set up like that. :0)
post edited by vanquishedlight - 2014/12/26 22:25:42

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/26 22:56:30 (permalink)
vanquishedlight

LOL, ikr, approx 30 GPU's in the past 3 years XD.  sad but true. it comes from benchmarking, testing and overclocking all kinds of different things. wanting to play around with SLI, crossfire, physx, mantel, eyefinity, nvidia surround ect. as well as testing different brands of the same gpu's.  lol not to mention i built 6 pc's from all the parts i had piling up over the past 3 years, from going through my tinkering and testing phase that i either sold cheap or gave away, just to get them out of my way XD.

BTW very nice system you have there. wish i had the money to run a set up like that. :0)

My point was, you never updated the monitor, which is probably a big part of the fuzziness you are experiencing.    

I am still in the tinkering phase.  I am trying to get the 3960x up and running, but I don't have anywhere to set it up and my buddy hasn't ordered his new GPU yet.  I am taking my 760's back from him in a few days anyway, so I can start testing out that entire system.

Fennicillin
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 391
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/26 23:31:39 (permalink)
The fuzziness he's experiencing is probably all in his head.

seta8967
FTW Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 02:28:31 (permalink)
Fennicillin

I call it

Oculus AMD Fanboyism, caused by the most recent AMD Cataracts version 14.
vanquishedlight
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 09:58:03 (permalink)
Fennicillin

lol, nah man. it's not all in my head. it's actually there XD.

here are some configurations i've used for testing. and it wasn't only done with AMD gpu's.

test examples:
hd 4850's
1x Sapphire hd 4850 + 1x MSI hd 4850
sapphire gpu was drastically clearer compared to the MSI  gpu, regardless what monitor it was attached too.

GTX 260's
BFG gtx 260 + EVGA gtx 260
BFG was much clearer compared to the EVGA, also regardless what monitor  it was attached too.

GTX 460's
Asus gtx 460 + EVGA gtx 460
this was close but the EVGA was slightly clearer compared to the Asus gpu, also regardless what monitor it was attached to.

GTX 570's
MSI gtx 570 + Asus gtx 570
MSI was slightly clearer compared to the Asus gpu. however i kept the Asus because of being the best overclocker out of the 2 gpu's

also seen a difference on a friends set up
HD 7950's
Sapphire hd 7950 + HIS hd 7950
Sapphire was again drastically clearer compared to the HIS. this was only tested on the same display however. but was still very noticeable switching from 1 gpu to the other. 

so everyone can laugh at me and burn me down, no problem :0). i still stand convinced with my own testing and experiences, that GPU manufacturers do make a difference in picture quality outputs. performance wise there all fairly close, some are just better overclockers then others. actually that last sentience excludes XFX. had about 3 gpu's from them and not a single one performed any where close to what they should have. XFX gpu's are just BAD BAD BAD all the way around XD.

vanquishedlight
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 10:50:19 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
vanquishedlight

My point was, you never updated the monitor, which is probably a big part of the fuzziness you are experiencing.    

I am still in the tinkering phase.  I am trying to get the 3960x up and running, but I don't have anywhere to set it up and my buddy hasn't ordered his new GPU yet.  I am taking my 760's back from him in a few days anyway, so I can start testing out that entire system.

i hear ya, but i have tried other monitors as well. but always went back to the one i've used for a while because i liked the picture output on it. 

eventually i want to upgrade my mobo and CPU, but not sure when since this one still does every thing i want it to do with no problems. but what i've seen on benchmarks from that I7 3960x is very impressive. sadly i can't afford 600-700 on a cpu.  but yeah, i''m in major need of a new gpu upgrade now that my GTX 570 is no longer meeting recommended requirements on games i want to play and can no longer max out settings even at 1080p. but i'm holding out till Feb, and seeing what the R9 380x is going to be priced at. if it's not in the $350 range then i'll be getting either the MSI GTX 970 or the EVGA GTX 970 ftw. would get a R9 290x so i can go back to Sapphire but i also want to make sure i get a GPU with DX12 and can still perform and do what i want with a little future proof.

but good luck with getting the I7 3960x up and running :0).

Bruno747
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 13:35:07 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
There is little monetary incentive for EVGA to compete against their own existing product lines.

Especially when Nvidia essentially cut XFX off after the whole 480 delay fiasco. No fermi chips and encourage other partners not to work with XFX. If Evga started to make amd cards it stands to reason that Nvidia might consider doing something similar or the same thing to them given the exclusive relationship. Especially if the 390x comes out on top and Nvidia doesn't have a big boy to overprice and outperform them with for a few months as the current rumors (if they are to be believed) are leaning.

http://www.fudzilla.com/g...lly-stops-doing-nvidia

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 14:35:27 (permalink)
VequalsITR
290 is 299
290x 399

as of 10-9-14

as of 12/27/14
Just an update, 2 months later we're seeing the following prices:
290x: $329 (ASUS)
290: $269  (XFX Double D also comes with additional 20 bucks off promo)

EVAG 970 is about $329 for the cheapest version, this is currently the better buy compared to the 290x.
post edited by seth89 - 2014/12/27 14:38:51

seta8967
FTW Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 15:32:08 (permalink)
That 970 just seems to be such a perfect blend of price and performance... hopefully the 960 can reach those who cant afford the 970. Friend built his computer around a 760 and was happy with 1080 resolution, hopefully see that again.
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 15:44:09 (permalink)
seta8967
That 970 just seems to be such a perfect blend of price and performance... hopefully the 960 can reach those who cant afford the 970. Friend built his computer around a 760 and was happy with 1080 resolution, hopefully see that again.

They will be. The X60/X60ti cards are always the pinnacle of bang for your buck and hold up well overclocking, cooling etc.... The X70 lines are pretty much always a issue though.....isn't that weird?!?!?!? :P

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/27 18:32:06 (permalink)
seth89
VequalsITR
290 is 299
290x 399

as of 10-9-14

as of 12/27/14

EVAG 970 is about $329 for the cheapest version, this is currently the better buy compared to the 290x.

Really depends on the game.

http://www.guru3d.com/art..._gaming_review,15.html

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/29 18:58:19 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
You make it sound as though Nvidia has never been in the same situation in the last few years. Both trade blows with who ends up having the loader fan, more energy consumption and running hotter every time a new series comes out.

hasn't been for awhile though, the last time AMD solidly had the crown was back when they where ATI, from 2003-2006. Nvidia keeps beating them, except for the time span the 5970 was out, but it was so hard to find, it almost doesn't count that it even existed.
candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/29 18:59:02 (permalink)
RainStryke
seth89
VequalsITR
290 is 299
290x 399

as of 10-9-14

as of 12/27/14

4FPS for what an extra 100W of power?
seta8967
FTW Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/29 22:16:29 (permalink)
candle_86
RainStryke
seth89
VequalsITR
290 is 299
290x 399

as of 10-9-14

as of 12/27/14

Well he is right it does perform better at certain games. Some people don't care about efficiency. I see a lot of people actually attempting to be more mind conservative about electricity especially since the world is going more green. There are those that still don't care about that. It is all about your preferences.
RainStryke
The Advocate
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/30 02:31:44 (permalink)
Don't get me wrong... I've been highly considering moving over to a pair of GTX 970 FTW edition cards and may do the switch around my birthday... I have a dilemma though... I could get a second R9 290X and attempt to see how they work on my current PSU with a 4K monitor... Or just go straight for performance and get a pair of GTX 970's and stay with my current 1080p monitor. I have a month to figure it out... I still don't have my mind made up... Just recently found a 4K samsung 40" TV for $650, it's making my decision very hard... It will be made up within the next few weeks.

Main PC | Secondary PC

32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17

seta8967
FTW Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/30 04:12:56 (permalink)
RainStryke
Don't get me wrong... I've been highly considering moving over to a pair of GTX 970 FTW edition cards and may do the switch around my birthday... I have a dilemma though... I could get a second R9 290X and attempt to see how they work on my current PSU with a 4K monitor... Or just go straight for performance and get a pair of GTX 970's and stay with my current 1080p monitor. I have a month to figure it out... I still don't have my mind made up... Just recently found a 4K samsung 40" TV for $650, it's making my decision very hard... It will be made up within the next few weeks.

Personally I wouldn't buy a 4k right now. Samsung announced all their 2015 5k monitor will support free-synch and would be cheaper as their new factory will be finished. I want to get g-snyc personally because of ULMB, but that may be a dieing technology. I also don't want to use freesynch because everyone says "Oh its a AMD technology" when really VESA has had this idea for awhile now probably before nvidia or AMD.
vanquishedlight
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/30 09:53:42 (permalink)
RainStryke

you could always try this 

Changhong 42" Class 4K Ultra HD LED TV - UD42YC5500UA

for $400 @ newegg
or this

Changhong 49" Class 4K Ultra HD LED TV - UD49YC5500UA

for $500 @ newegg
not the greatest brands but cheap 4k TV's ATM
post edited by vanquishedlight - 2014/12/30 09:56:29

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/30 11:40:09 (permalink)
seta8967
candle_86
RainStryke
seth89
VequalsITR
290 is 299
290x 399

as of 10-9-14

as of 12/27/14

Well he is right it does perform better at certain games. Some people don't care about efficiency. I see a lot of people actually attempting to be more mind conservative about electricity especially since the world is going more green. There are those that still don't care about that. It is all about your preferences.

Well maybe alot don't pay their power bills for one reason or another, or same may simply be well off enough where they don't care. I make enough money to live comfortably but throwing away money makes no sense to me personally. I like high preformance but a very small gain isn't worth it to me.
RainStryke
The Advocate
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/31 04:29:20 (permalink)
vanquishedlight
RainStryke

you could always try this 

Changhong 42" Class 4K Ultra HD LED TV - UD42YC5500UA

for $400 @ newegg
or this

Changhong 49" Class 4K Ultra HD LED TV - UD49YC5500UA

for $500 @ newegg
not the greatest brands but cheap 4k TV's ATM

Yeah... I checked into those. They are limited to HDMI 1.4 which means 30Hz refresh rate @ 4K and the response time is also getting up there. It mentions 8ms, but some reviews mention ghosting, which makes me think they are probably 14ms+ panels.

candle_86
seta8967
candle_86
RainStryke
seth89
VequalsITR
290 is 299
290x 399

as of 10-9-14

as of 12/27/14

Well maybe alot don't pay their power bills for one reason or another, or same may simply be well off enough where they don't care. I make enough money to live comfortably but throwing away money makes no sense to me personally. I like high preformance but a very small gain isn't worth it to me.

Ehh... I pay my power bill just fine. During the summer I had my PC off for weeks at a time... My power bill didn't change much at all. Maybe if I were running a crypto currency farm i'd say you have an argument, but really... The difference per month is very small when you are just running a single card set-up. I could also argue the point that it saves me a little bit on heating since it does so well at keeping my room warm in the winter. 

Main PC | Secondary PC

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: AMD NOT cutting prices 2014/12/31 08:33:02 (permalink)
well that would make a difference, i keep my stuff on 24/7, don't like seeing it off, and its usually doing something even  when im not using it.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile