EVGA

GPU and memory clock speeds in gtx570 dropping

Author
Omegacydonia
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/12/25 05:44:14 (permalink)
I've been running a classified gtx 570 for a few years now (old i know), and had no issues with it. As of today however, im getting blue screens, hdmi handshake losses to my monitor, and inability to boot.
Safe mode seems to work fine, and the one thing that was noted before the last blue screen that stopped booting, was that in my evga precision monitoring tool, the clock and memory speeds were dropping down to single digit numbers for a few seconds, then jumping back up to normal for about an equal amount of time.
This fluctuation is happening constantly with no background tasks or heavy load on the card.
There have been no drivers i've updated, programs i've installed, and the card is not overclocked.
Probably a bit of a vague problem but outside of the card just deciding it's had enough and dying, is there anyone with an idea for a issue/solution here? even knowing potential causes would at least help!
Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GPU and memory clock speeds in gtx570 dropping 2014/12/25 08:46:50 (permalink)
    What are the blue screen STOP codes?
    Omegacydonia
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GPU and memory clock speeds in gtx570 dropping 2014/12/25 12:35:58 (permalink)
    Cheers for posting in to help out man.

After a bit of research it appears that the problem is now solved. Back in 2012 there were an awful lot of driver compatibility issues with this exact model of card leading to fluctuating and consistent downclocking to the exact clock speeds i was getting.
    Admittedly i hadn't updated to a new driver since november, and it would be weird for it to suddenly start downclocking for no reason, however i did a quick driver clean sweep - removed all traces and deleted/reinstalled the precision tool and since that reboot all is stable and operational again.

Can't quite understand why it would start having driver issues for no reason and with no change but hey ho.

Cheers for shouting in to help though, merry xmas peeps
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GPU and memory clock speeds in gtx570 dropping 2014/12/25 14:12:01 (permalink)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile