EVGA

Helpful ReplyAnyone know anything about nutritional shakes?

Author
Zillerz
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 645
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2014/11/24 02:39:46 (permalink)
I recently bought myself the  and wondered to myself, it's not really a protein shake that you should only drink shortly after workouts.

Seeing how this is a "nutritional shake" does that mean I can take one in the morning, one after workout (if I go), and at night?
Or just once in the morning (+after gym if I go?)

Also bonus question, I gained a "few pounds" over the last 4 months of university.. let's just say around 23 pounds, and it shows on my stomach. What are some good workout themes I should follow to turn my flatpack into a sixpack?
I understand how it can be used for keeping you warm during the cold winter nights, I just figured that if I start now I can get something achieved by summer.

EVGA P67 SLI
Intel Core i5 2500K w/ EVGA SuperClocked Cooler 
16GB Corsair Vengeance 
EVGA GTX760 SC Dual w/ ACX Cooler 
Intel 730 Series SSD 
Corsair TX750W
Logitech G933, Logitech Z623
Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10 Carbon
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Anyone know anything about nutritional shakes? 2014/11/24 03:04:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zillerz 2014/11/24 15:17:31
Ya about those "nutrition" drinks they are all fake. I use to drink a lot of muscle milk back in the day and I was a stupid fool to believe that these "protein" drinks help you out and repair/give nutrients to your muscles. All what they are is just a bunch of sugared powder with a bunch of calories. Its incredible how stupid the general public is to think such drinks help you out and I was one of them back in the day that believed so. That's why its a billion dollar business with their gimmick lies. Luckily it did not take long for me to learn the actual nutritional truth about such products at the famous GNC.

The best thing to do brother is to just do the natural way because YOU WILL get results and these results WILL LAST LONGER.  I tell everyone all the time, you can eat everything but just in moderation. In order for you to get results and performance you have to find a balance in what works for you because everyone's body is different. Yes and its true if you want to lose that 23 pounds of yours you have to consume less and work out more. BUT need to know is that once you start starving yourself from calories to lose weight your metabolism is going to adjust to how it burns energy. So once you start consuming more again you will gain all that weight back. Personally I eat about 5,000-7,000 calories a day. I do this so that I can have my metabolism adjust itself to know that I am taking more calories in so therefore it burns more energy compared to some one who consumes 2,000 calories a day. And yes you must exercise as well. Make sure when you exercise you are sweating every time and your sore the next day. If you dont you did not work out as hard as you should to shed those pounds.  Just to let you know I am no expert in transforming your body to look like a underwear model. But I am sure an expert when it comes to athletic performance(for example power lifting). Lets just say I did a lot of actual  real trophy competitions to compete in where to see what person can do the most push-up/sit-ups, who is the most flexible, and who can run the fastest/longest.  But if you want to know some good techniques to increase your performance just let me know.

Teletuby
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 751
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Anyone know anything about nutritional shakes? 2014/11/28 20:20:11 (permalink)
As the poster above said eat less and do more. If you don't properly know how to read labels on food learn quickly and once you've got that little bit of information under your belt you've got the most important part done. You can't get past a bad diet even if you live in the gym.

Once that's done if losing is your goal some HIIT and you're well on your way to simple weight loss. Right now that's where I'm at and HIIT is rough just a warning but it's amazing as well and if you're diet is in check you'll see results rather quick.

Unlike the poster above me I've only done this as a personal weight loss thing never anything major. I was always the fat kid and now am just getting my body into shape.

i7 2600k @4.0Ghz, EVGA Z77 FTW, Evga GTX 660ti, Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler, Sea Sonic X-850

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Anyone know anything about nutritional shakes? 2014/11/28 20:48:35 (permalink)
They aren't all "fake", but a lot of them are just hype.  You will do way better off with eating real whole foods.  If you are an athlete or have intense workouts and a busy lifestyle you can use a pure protein shake to fill in once in a while, but it will never completely take the place of real food.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile