EVGA

EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread... 2014/11/26 05:50:59 (permalink)
NinjaBurg3r
Has anyone else noticed your power target, GPU clock offset and mem clock offset values revert back to default settings when restarting your computer?  Or am I the only one with this issue?

Does anyone know where I can get an archived copy of the previous version of Precision X for the time being?

Just look through the software forum.  There is multiple posts with the older versions linked. Should be easy to find with a few minutes of scrolling.
sahafiec
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread... 2014/11/26 10:31:43 (permalink)
somehow 5.2.5 crashes my Far Cry 4 as soon as I try to take a screenshot with the F12 key.
OSD not visible in game as well. 

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

dariuszd1
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread... 2014/11/28 09:01:20 (permalink)
I will tell you an amazing story..
I have a GTX 780 EVGA card 3xSLI.
After entering the new software EVGA precisionX 16 happy I did upgrade from a previous version.
I have since started my problems-now I know that all the fault occurred with EVGA precisionX 16.
In this forum, I wrote that there are problems with voltage adjustment, as they are set by the software itself spontaneously and with each switching profiles increases to very high values dangerous.
I use the player Mirilis Splash Pro-player he started to crash and I had to watch movies off EVGA precisionX 16. For some reason IE browser also the random reboots. I crashed the game Call of Duty: AV (freeze and black screen only helped restart the system), but also occasionally Assasins Creed Unity.
There I joined this from EVGA precisionX 16 because the head did not occur to me that the dedicated software for the EVGA card may be the cause.

Well-it turned out that it was, and in addition to the latest version of the manufacturer's newest nothing was done!

Since a few years ago, I held the card MSI and MSI Afterburner software, I decided to try to use it mainly annoyed impossible to perform overvoltage on EVGA precisionX 16.

It turned out after installing the MSI Afterburner, that was not enough that he is acting with my EVGA cards, then I can on it accurately and permanently set a higher voltage, which is stored in the profile and of itself does not change, I can also adjust all the other parameters like memory frequency , power limit, the core clock, fan speed.
But to my complete surprise, all of the applications and by me before the game ceased to hang!
Since then, nothing has hung up once. I used the same settings (the same level of overclocking), which I set up in EVGA precisionX 16.
Now I no longer have any problem and my computer totally nothing wrong happens.

I admit that I was shocked but I decided to write about it here. Maybe since EVGA has released so faulty software and in addition none of it does, but not erase my post, and people having problems with EVGA precisionX 16 similar to mine I will be able to install the MSI Afterburner itself.

The only difference but as for me irrelevant, in MSI Afterburner lack DSO during the game but I prefer trouble-free operation of the system and applications than occasional use OSD !.
CoreyRo
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread... 2014/12/16 05:16:40 (permalink)
lantern48
Is K-BOOST working yet?

Is it? If there is a fix what is it?
Levistras
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.5 bug report thread... 2015/03/26 22:43:58 (permalink)
OSD definitely causing issues.  Only way to disable it seems to be going through all the monitoring options and ensuring none of them have OSD enabled.

I've seen a few of the issues referenced above, specifically videos freezing (but audio keeps playing in the background and you can pause with spacebar, but the window surface is frozen and won't resize/update/etc.).  Disabling OSD options fixed it.

Running version 5.3.2.. so seems issues still around.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile