EVGA

C++ Help

Author
dugless
  • Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2014/11/27 05:26:39 (permalink)
I come to you asking for help on a issue that has arisen on my system.
System is on OS 8.1 and up to date.
All graphics drivers and main board are up to date as well.

While playing CoD AW campaign ( I know this was my first mistake...LoL) the game crashed, froze and lead to stopping the game via task manager.
 Now CoD SP, MP, and BF4 would not boot, they will start and the screen goes black followed by the game has stopped and windows is looking for solution yadda yadda providing no error report or clue of any kind.
After hours of searching and trouble shooting I have determined that reloading all the C++ Redistributables the games will launch and I can play until I reboot.
Upon reboot we start the whole process again.
I come to you asking the best plan of attack to rid my gamer of this C++ corruption, I really dont want to do a clean install and consider that a last resort.
Thanks in advance eVGA community for any help you can give.
It will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

dugless
    • Total Posts : 63
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: C++ Help 2014/11/28 05:00:41 (permalink)
    This problem is still alive I was hoping someone could help??? Anybody?

James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: C++ Help 2014/11/28 07:36:39 (permalink)
    There should be no reason to continually reinstall the C++ redistributable libraries every time you restart the system. If you are getting corrupt visual C++ libraries that would indicate a different sort of issue. Generally speaking there are quite a number of Visual C++ libraries out there for differing requirements. Most notably for Office and other sort of applications but some games require specific versions. You'll want to know which one your game is installing so you can get the proper version required for that game in order to correctly fulfill it's dependencies.

Additionally there have been some notes on other games where the Windows 8.1 update, KB2962409, has known to cause corruption in supported libraries. Particularly with Red Faction Guerilla. Perhaps this is causing your issues as well. I would recommend removing this update, hide it, and then remove/reinstall the library dependency and see where that takes you.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile