SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 stuck at 3C POST Error

Author
climatoribus
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/27 15:58:47 (permalink)
Hi,

I've tried to RMA my board or have it repaired by EVGA, which did not accept my board because I'm outside USA. Even though I can take it to the US. For a last resort option I come to you guys, master of TI, Gurus of EVGA issues. Please help.

This board goes along with a pair of E5620 (only one tested each time - don't have a second cooler), one GT740 also from EVGA (working fine on another system), one Supernova 750w PSU (also working fine) and one tested and proven (on another machine) working stick of DDR3 memory (crucial ballistics sport 8Gb).

No pins are bent on either of the CPU sockets. On BIOS one and two I have the latest A58 BIOS and on the 3rd slot a previous version that I don't recall exactly the version.

For a while now my SR-2 won't boot any longer giving me the 3C POST error code. It seems to be related with the chipset. I've already removed the heat sink and cleaned all chips, reapplying the correct amount of thermal paste right after.

I've also tried clearing the energy on the board by removing the battery and leaving the PSU out of the wall for several minutes. By doing this, the computer will kind of boot once. Only once.

What happens is that it will give the watchdog error and say my bios setting have been lost (because of clearing the bios) and asks if want to load default and continue by pressing F2 or enter the BIOS by hitting DEL. If I hit F2, the system will continue and try to boot, but since it resets the SATA to IDE, my system won't boot and I'll have to reboot. If, on the other hand, I hit DEL and try to set things the way I want, as soon as I reboot, just like with the F2 option I just talked about, the system will hang at FF just before anything alse and no commands will work, forcing me to either hold the power button for 4 seconds or turn the PSU off to try again. When I come back... 3C.

So this is the loop I came upon while trying to troubleshoot this MOBO and I'm very sad to be at this point now since before things started going awry I've ordered the very expensive obsidian 900D to fit the system that laid over my desk until then. No real use for this monster of a case if this board doesn't work.

My work bench is a very safe place. I prevent myself from ESD very well and only I work at the place. Also no electrical malfunctions should have taken place since many other equipment is installed on this room with power conditioning and RCDs for each of the three phases (not sure it's called this in english).

I'd really like to know if you guys know of a solution for this or a place to send it to to have it fixed, since EVGA explicitly told me they won't accept my board.

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Artur

1 Reply Related Threads

rogerchristmas
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: SR-2 270-WS-W555-A2 stuck at 3C POST Error 2016/07/29 23:01:27 (permalink)
    I discovered that my sr2s on-board audio has failed and was causing a 3C error and failing to boot. If I disable the audio in BIOS no 3C error, and it boots to Windows.
    post edited by rogerchristmas - 2016/08/25 05:54:01
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile