EVGA

GTX660 SLI Problem

Author
trmbon
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/25 00:27:15 (permalink)
Hello, this is my first forum post so forgive me if formatting isn't up to par or in prefered methods :)
    I booted up my computer on Thursday night Nov 20th to find an error message on my desktop saying that SLI had failed upon opened the control panel for inspection I was greeted with a message that SLI had been disabled because my SLI Bridge was missing. So I proceeded with the obvious steps to try and repair it...
1.   I Shutdown and Rebooted the computer.
        a. Still wasn't detecting the bridge.
2.   Shutdown and removed the bridge, then restarted.
3.   Shutdown and re-installed the bridge, then restarted.
        a. Still not detecting the bridge.
4.   I said screw it and decided to play some RE6 anyhow thinking I'll call Monday for a replacement bridge (first day I'll have time for such things (as I still didn't get around to it))
.... A few days pass ....
5.   I booted up my computer on Saturday night and decide to check SLI settings for giggles only to find that SLI is now enableable (if thats a word)
6.   Enabled SLI and proceeded to play some RE6 (I'm addicted at this point) however I'm noticing some flickering and occasional discoloration of the screen for a few seconds (about 15 secs at a time)
7.   Decide to try another game (something lighter) i.e. Minecraft....
8.   I start up Minecraft only to have it completely lock up my computer about 5 mins later...
        a. I try this several times with the same results every time...
9.   With a headache I give up and go to bed...
10. Present 2AM Tuesday morning I start RE6 to find the same things happening i.e. flickering and an almost instantaneous lockup forcing me to reboot
11. I disable SLI and try again and as if by magic the problem is solved.

So my question is this... 
    Is this a problem with my SLI Bridge or is one of my cards bad?
I've never encountered this problem before my bridge was undetectable...
Even on my old 550Ti cards even when one began to fail (why I'm wondering if it might be the bridge)

Sorry for the intense length.

Any advice is appreciated :) ,
        Brandon

Specs and Driver Info Attached below:

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: GTX660 SLI Problem 2014/11/25 16:58:28 (permalink)
    Yep, sounds like the bridge has a problem.
    trmbon
    Re: GTX660 SLI Problem 2014/11/25 20:29:58 (permalink)
    EVGA Support told me today that it sounds like one of the cards is bad, sadly I don't have an extra bridge to test (would be nice) so im going to test them one at a time and do the swip-swap and see what happens but if all else fails I will contact them about a new bridge. (and update this thread with my findings of course :) )

trmbon
    Re: GTX660 SLI Problem 2014/12/06 17:52:05 (permalink)
    so after tons of graphical errors and windows locking up I've tested my cards with benchmarking, swapped them around, and tested my memory I cannot identify the problem. I've also clean installed my drivers but the problem has not happened again since I've done all those things but i will keep my eyes open for more problems for now.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile