Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2014/11/21 08:57:41 (permalink)
http://www.maximumpc.com/game_developer_hands_out_steam_codes_pirates_2014

I think this is pretty smart that they did that. I am sure this is going to help with advertising for sure. Like one brotha(I am referring to a hipster) and I quote said:" word is money my playa" Hey he is right thats for sure.

2 Replies Related Threads

fubarhouse
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 288
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Game Developer Hands Out Steam Codes to Pirates 2014/11/21 17:06:08 (permalink)
    GOOD games deserve money, incentives are needed.
    The only valid incentives I've ever known are handing out free copies (which discriminates those that don't get it), or a shareware model invented by the legendary John Romero which was invented specifically for commander keen back in the day.

The Evil Within has a demo or shareware version, which has convinced me I need to buy it - rather soon.

Companies need to pay attention, piracy is mostly so big because shareware doesn't exist anymore. I pirated Far Cry 3 and the new Wolfenstein just to play the first level, and I now own them proudly.
    I understand it's risky to announce this, so see my steam library if you need convincing
    Listen in publishers, we need a return of shareware!
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Game Developer Hands Out Steam Codes to Pirates 2014/11/23 19:40:22 (permalink)
    fubarhouse
    GOOD games deserve money, incentives are needed.
    The only valid incentives I've ever known are handing out free copies (which discriminates those that don't get it), or a shareware model invented by the legendary John Romero which was invented specifically for commander keen back in the day.

The Evil Within has a demo or shareware version, which has convinced me I need to buy it - rather soon.

Companies need to pay attention, piracy is mostly so big because shareware doesn't exist anymore. I pirated Far Cry 3 and the new Wolfenstein just to play the first level, and I now own them proudly.
    I understand it's risky to announce this, so see my steam library if you need convincingListen in publishers, we need a return of shareware!
    The Evil Within's demo was extremely misleading. The demo is significantly better than the game.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile